Author Topic: Favorite Food Network shows  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Favorite Food Network shows
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »
I could already cook, but cooking was always a production.  I watched Rachel, and now cooking is just a sideshow. 

I do now cook just about everything using broth or stock instead of water and it makes a big difference.  I cook my last meat loaf in my muffin pan, and it was ready in about half the time - and they looked great too.  It's the little things like that.

Yep, and I'll never cook mashed potatoes out of a box as long as I live because of Food Network.  It's so much tastier to make them from scratch and there's so many ways to make them!  I love mashed potatoes made with roasted garlic, and the wife likes the sofrito style that Guy Fieri makes. 

Ahh, you were making them out of a box!  My mom taught me how to make mashed potatoes when I was probably 10 and I've never used the box.  It's easy to make them from scratch.  I like original style, just some butter, cream (I usually have half & half in the house), salt and pepper. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."