Author Topic: Pam makes enchiladas  (Read 6193 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Pam makes enchiladas
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
Oh my.

From the cooking and baking campfire that was linked later on in this thread:

And 5,499,999 results about how much it SUCKS.  Sounds like someone needs to EAT what they're making instead of trying to pawn that shit off on other people.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »
So now Pam is trying to impress us with her skills as a chef?

Tell me, Pammy, didja get the food to make those enchiladas from the local food bank?  Just curious.

ETA: I hope you didn't use the red sauce to make chicken enchiladas...no good there.  You should have used the green for chicken.

Uh, has anyone heard about the cat lately? Just askin'!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
Uh, has anyone heard about the cat lately? Just askin'!

AR, didn't 'cha hear?  The cat grew opposable thumbs, learned how to put a loaded magazine into the Glock, figured out how to rack the slide, and blew its' brains out.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »
I'm curious - how did we end up with five pages of comments about the DUmmie reform school prison guard making shitty food?  Seriously, who's in whose head and driving whom?

For some weird reason the Cooking and Baking forum threads always seem to generate tons of responses here, it's usually a fun topic to talk about when you get a little overwhelmed with politics.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
Quote from: grasswire (32,831 posts)

4. and just for the misfits on another site who are complaining about everything we post

A google search for "butter bean chili" turns up almost 5.5 MILLION hits. It's a southern thing.

A google search for "blackeyed pea chili" turns up almost 2.5 MILLION hits.

Misfits really need to get out more.

A google search for "butter bean chili recipe" turns up 7 hits.

A google search for "blackeyed pea chili recipe" turns up 10 hits.

By comparison, A google search for "chicken enchilada recipe" turns up 90,000 hits.

So, erm.. Asswire -- Get some Google lessons from Nadin before you shoot your mouth off again, Mmmmkay ?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
:lmao: at Sparky striking a nerve.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask since when does grasswire know shit about anything Southern?

Granted, I've only lived there a few years myself, but I'd be willing to guess I know a few raw bars on the Florida Space Coast she's never heard of.

Or what "dress two cheese, side!" means (or meant) at Junior's in Atlanta when they were on North Avenue.

Or the differences between Carolina and Memphis BBQ are.

Or when the best time to hit the Waffle House is on a Sunday morning.

Just gonna throw that out there and see what kinda shit she comes up with this time.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »
And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask since when does grasswire know shit about anything Southern?

Granted, I've only lived there a few years myself, but I'd be willing to guess I know a few raw bars on the Florida Space Coast she's never heard of.

Or what "dress two cheese, side!" means (or meant) at Junior's in Atlanta when they were on North Avenue.

Or the differences between Carolina and Memphis BBQ are.

Or when the best time to hit the Waffle House is on a Sunday morning.

Just gonna throw that out there and see what kinda shit she comes up with this time.

I was wondering the same thing.  You guys know more about Asswire than me, but I didn't think she was from the south.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  You guys know more about Asswire than me, but I didn't think she was from the south.

The grasswire primitive, the pie-and-jam primitive, is originally from New England and now of Oregon.

She has a most-impressive family tree.

She's 65 years old, and has a 5-year-old great-great-grandson.

Five generations in sixty years.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »
The grasswire primitive, the pie-and-jam primitive, is originally from New England and now of Oregon.

She's 65 years old, and has a 5-year-old great-great-grandson.

Five generations in sixty years.

So how the hell is she making a remark "it's a southern thing?"

I have been to both of those places and when I asked for sweet tea, they said "hot?"  I of course said no I want it "cold," and they looked at me like I had two heads.  "You mean with ice and sugar?" Was the next words out of their mouth... :banghead: 
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
So how the hell is she making a remark "it's a southern thing?"

I have been to both of those places and when I asked for sweet tea, they said "hot?"  I of course said no I want it "cold," and they looked at me like I had two heads.  "You mean with ice and sugar?" Was the next words out of their mouth... :banghead: 

I always get the reply, "We have unsweet, but we have sugar".
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »

Because it's a straight line?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »
No self-respecting southerner would ever make butter bean chili. Someone's been lying to the feeble grasswire. She probably got overheated in all those coats and caused her brain to misfire.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
No self-respecting southerner would ever make butter bean chili. Someone's been lying to the feeble grasswire. She probably got overheated in all those coats and caused her brain to misfire.

As I pointed out to Asswire , Google only returned seven hits when one looks for a recipe for "Butter Bean Chili" - So, Id suggest that there are very few people who are interested in it.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
As I pointed out to Asswire , Google only returned seven hits when one looks for a recipe for "Butter Bean Chili" - So, Id suggest that there are very few people who are interested in it.

Yep, she's telling a typical dummy lie.  I love butter beans fixed the way maxiest mentioned.  Definitely not a chili bean.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 01:20:55 PM »
Pinto beans, black beans, and kidney beans (light or dark) are about the only ones acceptable down here. Butter beans and black-eyed peas are found next to the greens, fried pork chops, and cornbread. Not in a pot of f'n chili. Again, gross.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
Pinto beans, black beans, and kidney beans (light or dark) are about the only ones acceptable down here. Butter beans and black-eyed peas are found next to the greens, fried pork chops, and cornbread. Not in a pot of f'n chili. Again, gross.

Yeah, she's so up on things, she probably thinks frito pie is a dessert  :mental:.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
We use light or dark kidney beans in our chili.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Ooopsie dooopsie.

The fecund grasswire primitive's on to us.

grasswire (32,840 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

5. okay google

"butter bean chili recipe" 6,210,000 results

"black eyed pea chili recipe" 109,000 results

Such liars.

I dunno.

I nadin "butter+bean+chili+recipes" and get only 5,870,000 results.

I nadin "black+eyed+pea+chili+recipes" and get 1,270,000 results.

Maybe the fecund grasswire primitive nadins differently than franksolich does; I dunno.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
And actually the correct way to search such would be "butter bean chili recipe"

8 results (0.25 seconds)

And one is this thread.

-Milton Friedman

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
And actually the correct way to search such would be "butter bean chili recipe"

8 results (0.25 seconds)

And one is this thread.

Indeed, including the quotes. I suspect I am the one responsible for that 8th Google hit, as before I posted that upthread, it was only 7.   :)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »
Poor grasswire--she knows she's a shitty cook, but just can't bring herself to admit it.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
grasswire
5. okay google

View profile
"butter bean chili recipe" 6,210,000 results

"black eyed pea chili recipe" 109,000 results

Such liars.

Spread the love!Spread the love!

I just googled "butter bean chili recipe" and I got
8 results (0.08 seconds)

and "black eyed pea chili recipe"
About 18,600 results (0.24 seconds)

and I did "black eyed peas chili receipe" and I got
5 results (0.18 seconds)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
Does Asswire not realize that other primitives will follow suit and Google, and they will learn that she is sorely mistaken ?

The Only thing I can think of is she has set Google to find any combination of the words, and also to report any redundant pages - the easiest way to do that is to not use any quotes around the search terms.

Asswire, when you dont use quotes, Google will report anything it finds with all of those words - if a page contains the sentence
'My friend chili buttered his bean trying to remember the recipe', it will report as a hit.

If you search "butter bean chili recipe" including the double quotes on each end, you will get 8 results, and probably a few more by tomorrow because of this little skirmish. Nads should have taught you better.