Author Topic: Thanks be to God!  (Read 12446 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Thanks be to God!
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
I talked with my surgeon about 45-50 minutes ago.  No lymphoma, no cat scratch fever.  About the only thing he does know is those two little tidbits, but it's nice to get the big things out of the way.

To all who prayed for me--thank you very much.  And to The Thirce-Holy God, thank you!

I don't thank God enough for all He has done for me.  Hopefully, this will be the trend for me in the future.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Thanks be to God!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
Woohoo!  I couldn't open this thread fast enough when I saw the title.  I am so very happy for you!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
Am very much relieved for you, BSS.  :cheersmate:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »
Wonderful news!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
 :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate:  Great news!!!!  such a relief! :hyper:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:22:59 AM »
My wife informed me last evening that the surgeon mentioned "squamus-cell carcinoma" to her as a possibility, but she never informed me of this.  It doesn't matter--no cancer period.

Gina-- :-*

Dek, same for you.  Iassa and Euph-- :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 09:33:17 AM »
My wife informed me last evening that the surgeon mentioned "squamus-cell carcinoma" to her as a possibility, but she never informed me of this.  It doesn't matter--no cancer period.

Gina-- :-*

Dek, same for you.  Iassa and Euph-- :cheersmate:

HUBBY just had basal cell whatever frozen from his hand? 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Awesome news. :yahoo:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Squamous cell carcinoma IS a cancer, BSS.

We're talking skin-type cancers. Ranked from most severe and potentially life-threatening to less than that, they are:

Melanoma - this is one not to mess with. It can kill you graveyard dead if not treated in time, because it metastisizes and tends to be aggressive.

Squamous - this one is potentially serious. In a small percentage of cases, it spreads and yes, can kill you. But normally, just excising it does the trick. The surgeon has to make sure he gets it all.

Basal cell - the worst this can do when it's finally treated (and yes, it can kill you in extreme, very rare cases) is create a gash or hole that isn't real pleasant because of the sheer amount of meat that they have to take out to make sure they get it all. But it's slow growing and not aggressive - usually. I had one (a spot about a quarter inch) removed from above my right eye. The surgeon took out a chunk of meat about 2 inches across. After healing, I got a nice scar running through my eyebrow and half my forehead.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:56 AM »
After healing, I got a nice scar running through my eyebrow and half my forehead.

I shall forever think of you as  blowing a horn  :-*

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »
I shall forever think of you as  blowing a horn  :-*

You'd better.   :shame:  And it might be best to remember that I've got a loaded M16A1 with an M203 grenade launcher attached to it right behind me on that wall.   :whistling: 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Squamous cell carcinoma IS a cancer, BSS.

I know that.  Seeing that the other option was "lymphoma," that makes two cancers they were looking for.

Chase her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »

Quote from: BlueStateSaint

"I don't thank God enough for all He has done for me.  Hopefully, this will be the trend for me in the future."

I relate to that. Some daily events will trigger me to thank the Lord, but, as you say, not enough.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.