Author Topic: Camping trailers  (Read 10411 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Camping trailers
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
The dealer was about 30 miles from here, and we towed it on main drags, local roads and on the tollway, from speeds 25 - 70 MPH. It towed better than our older camper - much better.

I notice your propane tanks are on the outside of your unit.

IIRC years ago crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel one had to have the tanks inside the unit.  Tidewater area is a maze of tunnels, very narrow one lane each way, learning to drive a school bus through them was interesting as the side mirrors were only 2 inches from the wall and the back tires had to be aligned on the yellow stripe separating both way traffic.

If you decide to visit that area I recommend a Camping area in DEEP CREEK outside Norfork, may be 20 minutes to get down town to see the Spectacular New Norfork and VA. Beach.  

Offline CG6468

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Lotsa trips planned, finances allowing.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »
Lotsa trips planned, finances allowing.
Do tell.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
Do tell.

Wife wants to go to visit DC, the Carolina coasts, Cape Hatteras, Oregon, Washington...I also have cousins in MA, and she has family in ME, VA, one of the Carolinas, and more in NYS. I'd like to get her down to travel along the Natchez Trace.

But next year she wants to go to Sweden, to visit my relatives there and for our family tree records. I'm the holder of the Family Tree, and I've traced my Swedish relatives back to before 1580, with 7200 people in our tree so far. We also both have family in Germany, and she has additional members in Ireland. We won't take the camper on those trips, if we really do go; the toll across that damned bridge from NYC to Ireland is just too expensive.  :lmao:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
Nice, Then you can add all those places to the thread "Where have you been".
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.