Author Topic: Superbowl Snacks  (Read 5634 times)

Online Karin

Superbowl Snacks
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
Anybody doing anything for Superbowl, eating-wise?  I will have 2 guys who will have been to a previous party.  Would love any ideas.

Have you seen those bags in the freezer section, Tyson product line, called "Anytizers?"  We've tried a few and they're pretty good, if you don't want to fuss.  We've tried the mini chicken cordon bleus, and the Buffalo popcorn chicken.  The General Tso's popcorn chicken also look good. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Superbowl Snacks
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »
I tried those chicken Anytizers.  They taste like the bag they came out of. :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:45:09 AM »
I won't be, but this one never fails.  I usually use real chicken instead of canned. 

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip-RE1242
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
I like the steak and cheese taquitos and tornados, especially the spicy ones. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »
I usually make about 100 wings, 5 lbs. of handcut fries and celery/carrot sticks for the game.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
I'm working that day, but when I get in I'll do some smoked wings, thaw out some pulled pork and brisket, some baked beans on the side with some standard chips and dips.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
Rotel and Velveta... yummy every time.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline debk

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »

I add chopped onions and garlic sauteed in a wee bit of butter and a pound of browned ground beef (well drained), and sliced black olives to the Rotel and Velveeta. Served from the crockpot.  :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »
I add chopped onions and garlic sauteed in a wee bit of butter and a pound of browned ground beef (well drained), and sliced black olives to the Rotel and Velveeta. Served from the crockpot.  :drool:

I have done that also.  I can't stand when people put sausage in it.  You need to try the white Velveeta, we did it for New Years.  Had one small crockpot with the regular and one with the white.  I have to say the white was great.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 09:49:44 AM »
I'm probably going to make some Buffalo Wings and Guac. Maybe some ribs too.    :drool:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Online Karin

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »

Great idea, on the menu it goes.   Tot's Buff chicken dip sounds good too.  With real chicken, not cans. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »

Damn--forgot to get that and they even had them displayed together at WalMart.

Here?  Bags of wings (got Buffalo, Asian, and chile/lime), some mozzerella sticks, spanikopita, and pigs in blankets.

Yeah, I'm lazy.  Sue me.  I'd make the buffalo chicken dip, but I think we got enough, kids.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
Damn--forgot to get that and they even had them displayed together at WalMart.

Here?  Bags of wings (got Buffalo, Asian, and chile/lime), some mozzerella sticks, spanikopita, and pigs in blankets.

Yeah, I'm lazy.  Sue me.  I'd make the buffalo chicken dip, but I think we got enough, kids.

Says you.  :drool:
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline debk

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
Scoobs!!! How are you? Was thinking about you the other day, after I talked to someone from NH, and hoping you were liking it up there. (NH, not the being w/Sparky cause I KNOW you are likin' that part!  :naughty: )

Max...I've seen the white and wondered how it tasted. Thought I would try it the next time I make that dip.

I've bought the buffalo wing dip at the Kroger deli and really liked it and just saw a recipe for it the other day. I bought some of Sam's canned chicken breast last weekend(their private label brand). Used some with pasta the other night. Sauteed it in a bit of butter with chopped onions, garlic and mushrooms. It was fine. Don't know that I would make chicken salad with it, but I would add it to the buffalo dip.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
Says you.  :drool:

Liked that, didja?  Okay, if you get the tortilla chips, cream cheese and canned chicken, I think we have everything else.  You might have to check and see if the blue cheese crumbles are still good, but I know we had some at one point.

Ain't no way I'm going anywhere NEAR a grocery store this weekend, between the first weekend of the month EBT crowd AND everyone stocking up for Sunday.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

Yes, dear, I'll suffer the hordes of EBT users at the grocery store to get the goods for the dip. SO worth it.

And perhaps I'll make my famous Nacho's. You haven't had them yet.

Enough indeed.   ::)

(and hiya Deb! I'm doing great, although don't have much spare time anymore. I found the best job ever and am working fulltime, plus trying to keep up with the kids, AND keep The Man happy ( :naughty:)...doesn't leave a whole lot of extra Scoobie time. But I wouldn't change a thing and am extremely, extremely happy. Miss you guys, though. Hope you are doing well!! :-))
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
I usually make about 100 wings, 5 lbs. of handcut fries and celery/carrot sticks for the game.

So one cooks or prepares a good feed to eat as the game goes on---- really all that work and after the game who is to notice ??

Darn the game nuts can be eating cat shit with sugar and never notice, they just stuff their face with what ever is in front of them and eye balls on the game.

Make the watchers hot dogs with the fixins.  They will enjoy that as much as the Hot Wings it took you 2 hours to make.

It's the game darn it, ask them a week later who won or lost and they have an answer in a heart beat.  Ask them what they ate watching the game, now the memory gets hazy, Ate some chicken wings, had some kind of dip for the potato chips.

Make the damn Hot dogs, takes just a few minutes to prepare and the sides are just a few bottled ingredients.

Anything in food to be served to game fans should not take but a couple of minutes to make, the fans focus is on the game and the food they stuff in their mouth is not tasted when a good play from either side comes in.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  :wtf3:

-Milton Friedman

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 01:38:56 PM »

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? 

Forget it, she's rolling.

And I'm sure we'll figure out what we're making/not making come noontime on Sunday.  Not like we're going to have to cook dinner, anyway.

Online Karin

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
I'll suffer the hordes of EBT users at the grocery store
:thatsright:  Forgot all about that.  Maybe we'll get some good bouncies. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »

Sparky is correct I am on a roll here.  Drives me nuts to go  to any kind of party, be it a Wedding or show up to watch a game on TV and the Host had spent time and a fortune on food for the guests.  

Put it this way , the last big wedding you went to, can you remember what food you ate ??? How about  getting tickets to a sports event, were you even hungry before the show??  Hell, if hungry get your dogs here.  

You got a daughter Getting married the caterer want $5,000 for a meal that will not be remembered by any one  and half eaten.     Same as a party for a sport event, people arrive and munch out on food but next day have no memory of the food, it is and was the event they remember.  

So in New England serve the watchers with beans, franks and corn bread. perhaps  Cole Slaw on the side.  All American food where ever one is in the country.

A sporting event lasts just a few hours, everyone is fixated on the game, why spend any time to feed the watchers, just give them a hot dog and they will be happy.

We have a very large TV, anyone wants to see any game is welcome to come and watch, they best bring their own 6 pack and I just may put some water boiling for the hot dogs as long as they bring them with them, I will spring for the buns, fair is fair and next time they best bring the dogs buns and condiments-----  A liter of soda and a bag of chips from them just wont do.

As you can see I am a Down East Yankee and  not one to throw money away, so when my youngesr gets married I just may get Berger King to do the catering.    Reception held free of charge in their store, a good radio , lots of dancing, darn am I cheap bitch or what ???   

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
I won't be, but this one never fails.  I usually use real chicken instead of canned. 

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip-RE1242

That sounds delicious!  I may just brave the grocery store tomorrow to make it for Sunday's game. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
It really is good.  I like to eat it with celery, or pretzel chips.  I think I am gonna make some myself!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »
Peanuts. Nachos. Pepsi. Bagel chips.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
That is for me mostly, vesta.  :-)

Once you get the deep fryer rollin', it isn't that hard. I can make all that in about an hour with my prepping tools. We usually do a big potluck at a bud's house and that is what I bring to the table.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi