Author Topic: What To Expect From The Government After The Collapse  (Read 2685 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
What To Expect From The Government After The Collapse
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »
I got this one from ModernSurvivalOnline.com, then decided to go to the SHTFplan site and see it in its' original form.  Seeing that the Obamessiah is Hell-bent on driving this country right off a financial cliff, I figured that it just might be relevant.  The author survived Argentina's collapse in 2001, so he's got some experience with this sort of stuff.

What To Expect From The Government After The Collapse

Fernando Ferfal Aguirre
December 23rd, 2011

The following excerpts have been graciously contributed by Fernando Ferfal Aguirre and were originally published in his highly rated book The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving The Economic Collapse. You may also visit his web site at The Modern Survivalist.

Editor’s Note: Ferfal’s first-hand experience following the collapse of the Argentine economy in 2001 is one that should be reviewed and contemplated by all those concerned with a similar outcome in the United States or Europe. From bank runs, crime waves, and food shortages, to restrictive government policies and corruption, Ferfal details what you can expect when the end of the world as we know it becomes reality. For many, especially those just beginning their preparations, reserve food, water, guns, ammunition and off-grid survival supplies are keystones for emergency and disaster preparedness. While these are absolutely essential to a well rounded SHTF plan, Ferfal further expands on traditional ideas by incorporating modern survival strategies, especially for those living in urban settings, including topics such as securing your shelter, risk assessments, riots and looting, defensive driving, weapons selection, knife fighting and self defense, post-collapse financial opportunities, bartering, and reality-based anecdotes.

He also includes discussions on how you can expect your local and central governments to respond when chaos reigns supreme, supply shortages leave tens of thousands without food in their bellies, and the value of your currency is equivalent to toilet paper.

In light of recent developments in the USA and Europe, which suggest that governments are not only aware of the near-term possibility of currency meltdown, bank runs, and widespread rioting, but that they are preparing response plans which may include deployment of military personnel and detainment of citizens, Ferfal has allowed us to reprint portions of the relevant discussions on this topic to help you better understand what to expect and how you can prepare for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Government After the Crisis

People want to believe in “change” or “hope” and thus grant him [The President] that power.

He promises he’ll use this power wisely and only for a little while. Like a little boy with a new toy, he promises to give it back soon. But that toy is SO nice, it makes everything easier for him and it feel so good to play with it…

In Argentina that toy was called the “super powers.” So-called emergency powers beyond the powers usually granted to a president by our Constitution.

Combine that with rampant corruption and placing puppet in the Senate and the Supreme Court, and governors in a few key provinces. A president in Argentina holds more power than a king of old Spain or England ever did.

And so freedom is lost and things become more “medieval,” as in the relationship between the king and the peasants.

The rest is here:

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/what-to-expect-from-the-government-after-the-collapse_12232011

It all seems to be coming true . . . !

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
Re: What To Expect From The Government After The Collapse
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »
From the article~

"Things reach a point where everything is bullshit."

I'd say we're just about there.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
The first thing you should expect from them is an order to turn in all means to resist the second, third, etc. things.

The second thing will be the ordered seizure of any assets, including food stocks, deemed 'Excess to your family's immediate needs.' for redistribution to serve 'The greater good.'

Just my personal opinion...not that there is any shortage of modern historical examples.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:22:59 AM »
I gotta get farther out in the woods! I'm right in line for the Escape from New York!  :censored: Well I guess I die early. Not worth living in that shit anyway.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 06:05:49 AM »
I gotta get farther out in the woods! I'm right in line for the Escape from New York!  :censored: Well I guess I die early. Not worth living in that shit anyway.

I'm just north of the Mohawk, which is a somewhat-effective impediment, but the Horde will be here, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »
I'm just north of the Mohawk, which is a somewhat-effective impediment, but the Horde will be here, too.

One thing not mentioned is disease that spreads after a natural or man made event.   Hatti is a good example of what people face when the SHTF,  diseases come out of the wood work, stuff we only read about in history books.

IIRC, Martha Washington was in Chicago or perhaps Philadelphia when Colera hit, body's were dragged into the street to be picked up in carts for mass burial.   She and her servants spent a couple months holed up in a private home away from the people watching the horror from their windows.   She and servants finally made their escape back to VA.  Some old diary's recount the time as a "uncomfortable" time for her. Poor Martha, all those party's canceled, shopping excursions not to be, is it any wonder she became a bit strange in later years.

Same can happen today and seemed to becoming a fact in the OWS camps,   just a hair breath from Typhoid and TB.
All these unvacinated people coming here and we in fact do not really how long our vacinations will last., 10,15years or so.

I worry less about the Bomb or full on attack to us , we can combat that, it is the Insane Scientists that of late developed a virus that is so potent it can wipe out the world.   Just how long the secret of the recipe can be kept from others is a question.   Science may just be the thing to destroy us.