Author Topic: Alaska governor sees 'perfection' in son with Down syndrome  (Read 7225 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Alaska governor sees 'perfection' in son with Down syndrome
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 02:17:35 PM »
These tests are not 100% accurate.  Had a young lady in our church who was told her unborn child would have DS.  She carried it to term and had a perfectly normal baby...no DS. 

I was told to abort my last child by three doctors.  I was taking a medication (Methotrexate) that causes birth defects (mainly Spina bifida & miscarriage).  Also they didn't know how the pregnancy would affect my disease and if I would have another stroke or not.  I told them no.  I was then told to at least go see a genetic counselor.  I saw the genetic counselor and they said that they couldn't tell me if I had stopped taking the medication soon enough and left it up to me to decide.  I told them no again, that I would not abort.    

My daughter is perfectly heathy, normal and smarter than a whip.  Can you imagine if I had just aborted?  Because frankly, it would have been a lot easier on me (physically and mentally).  Good thing I'm not LeftyMom, my daughter wouldn't be here today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 02:21:57 PM »
These tests are not 100% accurate.  Had a young lady in our church who was told her unborn child would have DS.  She carried it to term and had a perfectly normal baby...no DS. 

exactly!  doctors are often wrong about in utero situations and usually do more harm than is necessary.. remember all those forceps deliveries that left kids with permanent marks on their skulls?

how we turned pregnancy and childbirth into some sort of illness/disability is just a wonder..

They had to use forceps on my last child because I wasn't allowed to push (because of stroke risk).  One doctor was at one end with the forceps and there was another doctor standing on a stool pushing her out by pushing on my stomach.  My husband about fainted because he could see how hard the doctor was pulling on the forceps.  She had a couple bruises on her head but with in a day the shape of her head was fine.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 02:49:34 PM »
I think Fed_Up_Mom is on the wrong board.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 03:38:18 PM »
hack89 (1000+ posts)      Sun May-04-08 10:04 PM
Response to Reply #85
113. If it is wanted it is a child - mine certainly were. nt

What kind of empty, ghoulish, hellish soul comes up with that definition of "child"? And how can there be any basis of logic if that is the fundamental definition?

:hammer:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
I wasn't "wanted" by my biological mother but my adoptive parents wanted me for years.  Should I have been aborted because one person didn't want me?
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »
Does it truly surprise anyone here that the Godless on DU have no qualms about killing fetuses because they may carry some type of birth defect? I guess they really appreciate the efforts that Hilter made along these lines. And to think that the accuse conservatives of acting like Nazi's when they haven't found a single Nazi idea that they wouldn't get behind. When you live a life with no respect for God I guess it isn't hard to have no respect for life either.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
Does it truly surprise anyone here that the Godless on DU have no qualms about killing fetuses because they may carry some type of birth defect? I guess they really appreciate the efforts that Hilter made along these lines. And to think that the accuse conservatives of acting like Nazi's when they haven't found a single Nazi idea that they wouldn't get behind. When you live a life with no respect for God I guess it isn't hard to have no respect for life either.

H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
They'll kill unborn babies...the most innocent of all of us, but will wail and complain when a convicted murderer is given the DP.   :censored: bassakward libs. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
I wasn't "wanted" by my biological mother but my adoptive parents wanted me for years.  Should I have been aborted because one person didn't want me?

According to them YES.  I'm glad your biological mother decided you were worth 9 months of her life to give you a chance at life.   :-*

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 05:20:30 PM »
To sum it up in four words - "Democratic Underground Supports Eugenics" - It would make a fine bumper sticker.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »
To sum it up in four words - "Democratic Underground Supports Eugenics" - It would make a fine bumper sticker.
Well, most of them are "the poster child" for that kind of program.   :fuelfire:   :-)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2008, 06:26:43 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that if you put it to them that way half of them would deny it right off the bat and the other half would have to look up eugenics in the dictionary before most of them would deny it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:26:33 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 07:06:05 PM »

I was told to abort my last child by three doctors.  I was taking a medication (Methotrexate) that causes birth defects (mainly Spina bifida & miscarriage).  Also they didn't know how the pregnancy would affect my disease and if I would have another stroke or not.  I told them no.  I was then told to at least go see a genetic counselor.  I saw the genetic counselor and they said that they couldn't tell me if I had stopped taking the medication soon enough and left it up to me to decide.  I told them no again, that I would not abort.    

My daughter is perfectly heathy, normal and smarter than a whip.  Can you imagine if I had just aborted?  Because frankly, it would have been a lot easier on me (physically and mentally).  Good thing I'm not LeftyMom, my daughter wouldn't be here today.

You should've slapped those psycho doctors right across the face.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »
LeftyMom  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-03-08 08:28 PM
Response to Reply #22
30. Sure, but some choices are irresponsible. 
 I support her right to choose, but I have the right to say her choice was a very bad one, and will have significant lifelong consequences for all five of her children. Since shes a FFL pro-life nutjob, she probably didn't give the responsibility she's saddling her other kids with any thought, and I think that's appalling. 

I've got to wonder...does Lefty think UGP should have been killed as an infant?  Talk about saddling someone with lifelong consequences!!   :thatsright:

Where would it end?  Seriously deformed babies that will die anyway, Down's Syndrome kids...when there is a genetic test for autism, autistic kids....what about a genetic test for dyslexia?  Depression?  Introversion?  Basic intelligence?  **gasp** OBESITY??  **GASP** Conservative thought patterns!!!!     :censored: them

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that if you put it to them that way half of them would deny it right off the bat and the other half would have to look up eugenics in the dictionary before most of them would deny it.

Of course they would deny it. Its a bit too much ugly truth for them to handle.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »

You should've slapped those psycho doctors right across the face.

They weren't psycho doctors, they were looking out for my well being.  There is (or was at the time) no data on Pregnancy and my disease (Takayasu's Arteritis) and I had had a stroke previously.  Their view was "don't leave the two children you have motherless", they were looking at it clinically not the way I was looking at it.  After I made my decision known, they backed off.  

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
LeftyMom  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-03-08 08:28 PM
Response to Reply #22
30. Sure, but some choices are irresponsible. 
 I support her right to choose, but I have the right to say her choice was a very bad one, and will have significant lifelong consequences for all five of her children. Since shes a FFL pro-life nutjob, she probably didn't give the responsibility she's saddling her other kids with any thought, and I think that's appalling. 

I've got to wonder...does Lefty think UGP should have been killed as an infant?  Talk about saddling someone with lifelong consequences!!   :thatsright:

Where would it end?  Seriously deformed babies that will die anyway, Down's Syndrome kids...when there is a genetic test for autism, autistic kids....what about a genetic test for dyslexia?  Depression?  Introversion?  Basic intelligence?  **gasp** OBESITY??  **GASP** Conservative thought patterns!!!!     :censored: them

Who is that other DU mentally ill chick who lives off her Repuke Mom?  Should she have been aborted?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »
Who is that other DU mentally ill chick who lives off her Repuke Mom?  Should she have been aborted?

Yes.  :fuelfire:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »

Yes.  :fuelfire:

I want to know what her name is, it isn't coming to me.  Anyone remember?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »
LadyHawk? 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2008, 09:58:32 PM »
LadyHawk? 

Oh I think that is it.  Isn't she the one who bitches about her evil repuke mom while she expects her mom to do everything for her and pay her way?!?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
LadyHawk? 

Oh I think that is it.  Isn't she the one who bitches about her evil repuke mom while she expects her mom to do everything for her and pay her way?!?

Yep, that's her.   I remembered she had a DU journal, so I took a look.  She supposedly used to be a Republican.   :mental:

Link

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2008, 10:01:54 PM »
Yep, that's her.   I remembered she had a DU journal, so I took a look.  She supposedly used to be a Republican.   :mental:

Link

Uh huh, and I used to be a canine.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »

Link

Uh huh, and I used to be a canine.  :whatever:

Well you know what they say, "All men are dogs".   :p

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 10:16:49 PM »
If McCain can be a Republican, I guess anyone can....