Author Topic: Anyone have an IPOD Touch?  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Anyone have an IPOD Touch?
« on: December 26, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
If so, any idea how to change the birthdate on the touch? I was able to set the month and day but it wouldn't let me select the right year so I got stuck using 2011.

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: Anyone have an IPOD Touch?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »
If so, any idea how to change the birthdate on the touch? I was able to set the month and day but it wouldn't let me select the right year so I got stuck using 2011.

Thanks!
I think you have to do that through your itunes account and then sync i believe.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »
Yep! I figured it out, I signed up for an Account through Apple but had to link it to itunes.

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Minky

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:20:04 AM »
So how are you liking it, BG?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:20:45 AM »
Yes, I'll pop into Yahoo chat tonight, been busy, so haven't had a chance to play with this as much as I'd like. I was watching some youtubes on and off and I think there's an APP I can download that will give me internet when I'm out of range of mine, also doing some reading about tethering, I always have internet on my cellphone so I guess there's a way to hook these 2 up. I did get some music on there and I read there's a way to download youtubes to it, so I have to try doing that tonight. I also downloaded a police scanner APP, totally cool, and an APP where I get like 40,000 radio stations. Any other ideas of APP's that I might like?

Offline Minky

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
Well, there are apps available now for the 2012 elections.  I haven't found one for my iPhone that I can't live without yet, but I bet there will be more eventually. I'd like to see Fox News come up with a free one. Or maybe Drudge or Real Clear Politics.

Offline Minky

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »
Whatever you do, BG, don't search for poker playing games in the applications. Again, DO NOT do that. :)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
:argh: at Poker!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »
Can you please ask your son how I zoom in to read a story? I have Drudge on there and I can't figure out how to zoom in to read the headlines.

Thanks!

Offline Minky

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »
You should be able to use two fingers and swipe outwards on the screen to zoom in. That's how my iPhone works.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
Basically Pinch outwards.  You can zoom in and out using the Pinch feature.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »
Thank You!

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
Yes, I'll pop into Yahoo chat tonight

:o

Yahoo chat still exists?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
:o

Yahoo chat still exists?
I had the same thought. :old:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
I had the same thought. :old:

I use Digsby, which logs me into Google Chat, Facebook Chat, Yahoo, MSN, and AOL.

I still use Yahoo because my father who travels around Southeast Asia still uses it.  Although he is slowly moving to Facebook and Google Chats.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Minky

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:17 AM »
When BG says 'Yahoo Chat' she means Yahoo Messenger. I've used it since I was 25, so it's been around a long time. I also use MSN Messenger. I hate Facebook chat. It never seems to work right for me.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »
Is that what the Yahoo thingy is? I always thought it was chat LOL.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 11:37:41 PM »
Oh, and the Police Scanner App is totally cool!

Offline Minky

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Well, when I think of 'chat' I think of several people in a chatroom like we did years ago. Messenger is a conversation between two people. We do have the ability to bring other people into our discussions with us, but I see no need for that. Ever.

A police scanner app. Interesting! I'm going to research that!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
A police scanner app. Interesting! I'm going to research that!

I downloaded the top rated 1, i think it was free or like $1.99, I can't remember, but you can listen to police scanners in your area or all around the US and the World, you should listen to the Cook County Chicago 1, OMG!