Author Topic: 2 days 13hrs 14min 47sec to NFL playoffs  (Read 11625 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

2 days 13hrs 14min 47sec to NFL playoffs
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
Just can't wait.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/bracket

Nearly everyone has the Pats going all the way. OK, and with good reason. But I'm going (that is rooting) for a Seattle v Indy superbowl. Go Seahawks!!!

btw (echos from the living room say Oklahoma is just getting spanked... oy... just wanted a good game, meh)

Hope no one has to much work to do this weekend and is ready for some football.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: 2 days 13hrs 14min 47sec to NFL playoffs
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »
Only one thing stands in your way:

<--------------   :evillaugh:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »

Nearly everyone has the Pats going all the way. OK, and with good reason.

That's all you had to say.

:-)
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 10:51:14 PM »

You got a scare the other night though, didn'tya?  :hyper:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

You got a scare the other night though, didn'tya?  :hyper:

No.  Though I did swear at Harrison for that stupid 15 yrd pen.

:popcorn:
nine eleven is a car

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »

Don't lie, Craig, don't lie. You know you gotta scare. Your perfect season could have easily come to an end.  :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:45 PM »

I'll be rooting my butt off for the Giants. Of course, if they were to meet my Hawks in the NFC championship it would mean Seattle would steal an extra home game.  :-)

What a great time of year. Bowl games, NFL, college b-ball, NBA, (no baseball, lol) plus I think the hockey strike is over. (right?  :lmao:)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »

BUAHAHAHAHA!  The shrimps?  Even when GOOD Ely shows up (50%) they can't beat the elite teams.  You think NE (or anyone) will allow the kind of game they had at season's end in the post season? 

New season now and NY will be exposed (as will the Cowboys and the Steelers).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

BUAHAHAHAHA!  The shrimps?  Even when GOOD Ely shows up (50%) they can't beat the elite teams.  You think NE (or anyone) will allow the kind of game they had at season's end in the post season? 

New season now and NY will be exposed (as will the Cowboys and the Steelers).

Um, they DID allow it at season's end.  :confused:

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »

Don't lie, Craig, don't lie. You know you gotta scare. Your perfect season could have easily come to an end.  :-)

Who's Craig?

No scare.  The first 35 minutes I was like  :confused: then for about 15 it was more  :banghead: then I saw Brady get into it and  :newyear:.  Seriously the Giants gave it a great go and would have crushed anybody else in that game, IMO.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:20:07 PM by RightCoast »
nine eleven is a car

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 11:18:27 PM »

Who's Craig?

Watch "Friday".  :-) Actually I think it was "You ain't got ta lie Craig, you ain't got ta lie".

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »

Who's Craig?

Watch "Friday".  :-) Actually I think it was "You ain't got ta lie Craig, you ain't got ta lie".

I'll check it out.
nine eleven is a car

Offline djones520

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »
Psshh...  wake me up when the play offs for a real sport start.

"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 02:42:54 PM »
The 12th man commeth... beware the 12th man.  :hyper: :hyper:

(Lofa and the 12th man flag)  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »
Countdown to the NFL Playoffs

1 day 18hrs 43min 08sec

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

- Ayn Rand

Offline newshutr

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Wanna be on TV??
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »
I'm looking forward to This Saturday evening when my Steelers play the Jags.  I'm a little worried because of all the Steeler injuries but it's playoff football and everyone is 0-0.  I think the Steelers will have the answer to the Jags this time.

I swear...she said she was 18...

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 05:46:08 PM »
I'm looking forward to This Saturday evening when my Steelers play the Jags.  I'm a little worried because of all the Steeler injuries but it's playoff football and everyone is 0-0.  I think the Steelers will have the answer to the Jags this time.

Sure, blame it on the disabled list... :uhsure:
nine eleven is a car

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 08:15:12 PM »
Jags are tough but I'd never count out the Steelers. As a lifelong Seattle fan and current Cincinnati resident, I know that only too well.  :p

IMHO Saturday offers two really good games compared to the Sunday wildcards. (I think the Giants and Chargers both win big)

Go Seahawks!!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »
Jags are tough but I'd never count out the Steelers. As a lifelong Seattle fan and current Cincinnati resident, I know that only too well.  :p

IMHO Saturday offers two really good games compared to the Sunday wildcards. (I think the Giants and Chargers both win big)

Go Seahawks!!!

You hear that Redskins player accuse the hawks of piping in the crowd noise? This comes up every year, its funny to watch everyone out here get pissed because of the accusations.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
The Colts got accused of that this year as well. The crowd heard a skip over the PA system.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »

It'll be a hell of a game. But I have a feeling that the Jags might come out on top, with the injuries Pittsburgh has an all.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »
I predict the weekends winners to be...
Jags
Bucs
Seahawks
Chargers

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »
You hear that Redskins player accuse the hawks of piping in the crowd noise? This comes up every year, its funny to watch everyone out here get pissed because of the accusations.

Wrong thing to say.  :tongue: LOL

2nd quarter and noise seems to be a bit of a factor.  :lmao:

Hawks up 10-0. so far so good.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 09:10:04 PM »
I missed the 4th quarter... out running around, grabbing dinner and all that. But when we got to the pub, the score was 35-14. What the hell happened? I thought it'd be a closer game than that!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin