Author Topic: Question about unemployment  (Read 872 times)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Question about unemployment
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »
Since unemployment insurance patments have been extended, would those people whose benefits had run out qualify for renewed payments? If yes, wouldn't they go back into the civilian labor force? The effect of that would be to push the unemployment number up. Since unemployment is 0bama's acchilles heel, shouldn't we support any policy that would inflate that number?

Yes, I know I'm advocating Americans suffering, but I'm looking at it as letting a fever break rather than trying to keep it down and prolonging the illness.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Question about unemployment
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »
I hate to see people hurting, but 99 weeks + another 8 weeks is not going to solve any problems.  When that eight weeks is up, the government is going to start yet another argument whether or not to extend the unemployment insurance. 

Maybe I am misunderstanding the extension, but it's getting out of control.  It shouldn't take someone that long to find a job, even in this 0conomy.  It should have never gone to 99 weeks in the first place.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline MrsSmith

Re: Question about unemployment
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »
Employers have always preferred hiring those that already have jobs...in this economy, it's become the simplest way to tell who really wants to work and who prefers to sit on government benefits until the "perfect" job comes along.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.