Author Topic: Kindle Fire  (Read 3310 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Kindle Fire
« on: December 22, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »
Okay, gang, I've recently thought about getting one of these--but I've heard some bad things about the OS in the thing.  Should I shell out the $200 for it, or wait until it lowers itself in price?  What's good about it, and what's bad?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: Kindle Fire
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:30:52 PM »
We got the nook tablet for our daughter for xmas, I'll post a review after I play with it.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
Get the Kindle Fire.  I asked for one for Christmas.  So I hope I get it!!!  ;)

Oh, and I have heard/read of no such complaints.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Get the Kindle Fire.  I asked for one for Christmas.  So I hope I get it!!!  ;)

If you do, I'd like a full report . . .  O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »
Sure thing.

I'll be playing with it all day if I get one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 06:36:31 AM »
Sure thing.

I'll be playing with it all day if I get one.

Well, did you?

Oh--Merry Christmas!  :cheersmate: :-* O-)

Chase her.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 08:14:23 AM »
I'm looking to by myself one after Christmas. I heard the same thing about the OS, and that Amazon had corrected it. We'll see. My older generation Kindle I love, hope the color version is just as good.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »
I got one!!  :)

It's really great.  I haven't downloaded any books.  Just put Angry Birds on there (of course).  My husband is using it online right now and says it's fast to load.  In his words, he's 'impressed'.  I'll have more to say about it whenever I get my Christmas present back.  :rotf:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »
I got one!!  :)

It's really great.  I haven't downloaded any books.  Just put Angry Birds on there (of course).  My husband is using it online right now and says it's fast to load.  In his words, he's 'impressed'.  I'll have more to say about it whenever I get my Christmas present back.  :rotf:
The internet here isn't very good... I was going to see if Pandora radio works on it, but no luck.

No more blocked Craigslist at work. :evil:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.