Author Topic: Snowbound ASU Student Survives 10 Days on Candy, Melted Snow  (Read 1698 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Snowbound ASU Student Survives 10 Days on Candy, Melted Snow
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
Saw this one on foxnews.com and I figured that I had to share.  Definitely a tough girl.

Snowbound ASU Student Survives 10 Days on Candy, Melted Snow

Published December 22, 2011

FoxNews.com

An Arizona State University student missing for 10 days survived on candy bars and melted snow for drinking water, authorities said Wednesday after the 23-year-old was found in a desolate area of east Arizona.

Lauren Elizabeth Weinberg, a senior at ASU, was found in southeastern Coconino County just before noon, Coconino County sheriff's spokesman Gerry Blair said. Two U.S. Forest Service employees on snowmobiles found her Wednesday about 45 miles southeast of Winslow while they were checking gates on forest roads.

Although cold, wet and hungry, Weinberg said she was "thankful to be alive," MyFoxPhoenix.com reported.

"I am so thankful to be alive and warm," Weinberg said in a news release from Flagstaff Medical Center. "Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, because they worked. There were times I was afraid but mostly I had faith I would be found."

Weinberg, who was released from Flagstaff Medical Center early Thursday, was last seen leaving her mother's home in south Phoenix on Dec. 11 and told authorities she became stuck in the snow a day later, Blair said.

I'd lay odds that she won't turn off paved roads onto unpaved roads when there's snow on the ground . . .

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/22/snowbound-asu-student-survives-ten-days-on-candy-melted-snow/?test=latestnews#ixzz1hI02qj5q
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.