Author Topic: How do you guys feel about people like this?  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Cyrus

• Banned
  • مرگ بر جمهوری اسلامی
How do you guys feel about people like this?
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:39:08 PM »
People who do everything against their religion and the only thing that keeps them as a "follower" of that religion is that it's what they reply when asked what religion do you follow. To give you an example someone who was born a Christian but never goes to Church, has never read the Bible, and does everything against the Bible. Would he be a Christian just because he might say "I'm Christian" when someone asked him?

This is something I have debated with myself many times in the past.

Offline MrsSmith

Re: How do you guys feel about people like this?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
People who do everything against their religion and the only thing that keeps them as a "follower" of that religion is that it's what they reply when asked what religion do you follow. To give you an example someone who was born a Christian but never goes to Church, has never read the Bible, and does everything against the Bible. Would he be a Christian just because he might say "I'm Christian" when someone asked him?

A Christian is someone who has accepted the atonement for sin that Christ offers, and is indwelt by the Holy Spirit.  Anyone can go to church or claim to be a Christian...in fact, I thought I was a Christian until I found out what it took to be one.  While even true Christians are still sinners, (no human is perfect), they are better people than they were before accepting Christ.  The fruit of the spirit should be seen in their lives.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »

It kinda makes you wonder who he's trying to bullshit the most: his audience, his God or himself.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:59 AM »
I think they've misplaced religious conviction for cultural identity.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:42:48 AM »
It kinda makes you wonder who he's trying to bullshit the most: his audience, his God or himself.

His questions make sense to me, Religion is a part of culture, it binds people together and gives them an indentity.

As each culture is different in makeup by geography there are different NEEDS of different cultures. Different rites that bring comfort and peace to different areas of the world.

Those Christians living in  the west were a rebellious group, Terrible things were done in the name of the LORD, and when Martin Luther had it up to his eyeballs with the corruption and MEN interpreting Gods word were just money hungry humans that were putting a Scam on the people, he finally went bonkers and nailed his complaints to the Church House door.

Really astounding that after 2,000 years we still are being scammed out of money, property and our faith by people who if I believed in reincarnation would think were reborn from the 600'Th century. 

Sad when the Catholic church went broke with the sex scandals and neighborhood churches that many had attended for a couple generations were closed.   Heart breaking really for those who lost their family's identity for 100 years now had to start all over again.

I see or have seen these small Churches in the south where the building is an abandoned garage with perhaps 20- full time members. There is no money to pay a pastor so each sunday one  of the congregation will do a sermon or lead them in a joyfull noise to the Lord.

This is faith at its best.   To understand Christianity and it's roots, one must find the churches of not the wealthy, the pastor arriving in a limo, and blasting the congregation with guilt that they need to spend more money to keep up his life style.

Be one Christian, Muslim or of other faith, be aware when the leader of that faith has a bigger home, a better car, tells you they are the gate way to the after life.   

Christians see Jesus as a working man, a crafts man working with wood, skilled in boat building and hard working. He was I am sure not as poor as others made him out to be but he did not become wealthy on those he was of service to.   

Those of Muslim, with opulent digs, 4 wives and 6 young male "servants"  how can one trust them to understand the human needs of the poor?

Televangelists are the boil on the butt of God, check out the number of them that have been exposed as frauds and how they manage a come back to loot more money from those they convince they are worthy to preach the word of GOD.   

One does not have to attend or sponsor a faith to be a believer,   God or Allah gives a crap about the man made buildings made in their honor, God cares not for our financial sacrifices to HIM, what good does it do to God  but to look down on the starving  that that money could have fed his people.

People can have a deep faith in God that does not include any rites but to sit on a mountain at sunrise and thank God for another day of life and marval at the beauty God placed us in.