Author Topic: Mrs. Smith  (Read 2826 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Mrs. Smith
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »
I have a problem with the protocol of missionary's.  How to be correct with them and their needs of their calling to them.

For sometime I have been speaking with a missionary that made a cold call to me.   A handicapped senior citizen that just happend to call me on a day when I became interested in the Gentlemans and his Wife's faith.

I had visited the Holocaust Museum and learned of the horror committed to people of this faith and knew of the past when they tried to alert the world to the what was to come and no one would listen.

Mrs Smith, I have great interest in this faith, not to convert but to learn how they survived, are they still keeping an eye on what can become a world wide religious prosecution again.

My dilemma is I feel much guilt not paying for the religions bibles and tracks, I have offered to pay, but the missionary's refuse  any money.  Knowing that some Missionary's do pay for the bibles they give out for free, I keep offering to pay for the postage to send this to my home, and I have no address to send a check to the Missionarys home.

I was told to make a donation to their Church if I wished, but have no idea where to send it.

I do not want these people to call on me, speaking over the phone is my preference.  Most interesting what I learn about this faith, allot of misconceptions of the faith have been cleared up. 

So how do I and they know I have no interest in converting, still accept material that may cost not the Church but the individual missionary out of pocket ???

I feel there is much I can learn from this faith, but I do not want my education to cost a missionary out of pocket.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: Mrs. Smith
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
Huh?
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »
You got me, sir.

I have no idea, no idea at all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 06:41:59 PM »
Which faith?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
When you discuss the Holocaust, I would have to assume you mean Jews.  I've never heard of Jewish missionaries, though...except maybe the "Jews for Jesus" group.  They have a website: www.jewsforjesus.org.  Otherwise, I'm at a loss...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »
Otherwise, I'm at a loss...

Aren't we all, madam.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
Aren't we all, madam.
Frequently, at least on my part.   :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »
I have a problem with the protocol of missionary's.  How to be correct with them and their needs of their calling to them.

For sometime I have been speaking with a missionary that made a cold call to me.   A handicapped senior citizen that just happend to call me on a day when I became interested in the Gentlemans and his Wife's faith.

I had visited the Holocaust Museum and learned of the horror committed to people of this faith and knew of the past when they tried to alert the world to the what was to come and no one would listen.

Mrs Smith, I have great interest in this faith, not to convert but to learn how they survived, are they still keeping an eye on what can become a world wide religious prosecution again.

My dilemma is I feel much guilt not paying for the religions bibles and tracks, I have offered to pay, but the missionary's refuse  any money.  Knowing that some Missionary's do pay for the bibles they give out for free, I keep offering to pay for the postage to send this to my home, and I have no address to send a check to the Missionarys home.

I was told to make a donation to their Church if I wished, but have no idea where to send it.

I do not want these people to call on me, speaking over the phone is my preference.  Most interesting what I learn about this faith, allot of misconceptions of the faith have been cleared up. 

So how do I and they know I have no interest in converting, still accept material that may cost not the Church but the individual missionary out of pocket ???

I feel there is much I can learn from this faith, but I do not want my education to cost a missionary out of pocket.

Vesta if they are calling people, then much like the Jehovah Witnesses providing information about their faith is a part of their faith and what they signed up for.

They want to send it and you want to accept it, then do so and let it go.