Author Topic: Rebellious DUmpmonkeys Start DUfour  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Karin

Re: Rebellious DUmpmonkeys Start DUfour
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
Yesterday 03:20 PM #18 Bobbolink   View Profile  View Forum Posts  Private Message  View Blog Entries  View Articles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:2I find myself being excited about it, and thinking that this is the only hope on the horizon.

However, as usual, there isn't much attention to or knowlege about poverty, and I have come to the point where that is my line in the sand.

I know it varies by location.... apparently, Fresno Occupy is more involved with homelessness, but many consider their involvement to be limited to camping and handing out food to poor and homeless people.

There is much more to poverty than that... as I keep saying, Charity won't ever solve poverty....NEVER.

The Occupy in my area has even been hostile to homeless people, so there is no way I would consider involvement.

Occupy can either be an integrative movement of middleclass AND poor people, or it can serve to further isolate poor people. The choice is up top the middleclass Occupiers.... and that isn't just financial... it is a mindset.

The future remains to be seen.

Lunie Link

In that same link is a guy itching to get violent. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
Yesterday 03:20 PM #18 Bobbolink    View Profile  View Forum Posts  Private Message  View Blog Entries  View Articles

Well, well, what have we here?
Guess the Buick is running again.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:48 AM »
I registered over there.

Not to cause trouble or anything, but just to see if anyone there wants to know the facts of the matter.

We'll see; probably none of them'll see "franksolich" in their midst.

I could never do that! I'd get so pissed I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
It'll be interesting to see if it takes off or lives up to it's name.

Meanwhile, Ava's echo chamber is just that...........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
BTW, White Wolf is over there.  He's all butthurt that the new DU3 TOS says that you shouldn't support hardline Communism.  In DUmp posts, anyway. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »
It'll be interesting to see if it takes off or lives up to it's name.

Meanwhile, Ava's echo chamber is just that...........

What's her website?  Oh, wait, nevermind.  I found it.

www.fatchinlessbutterballs.com
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »
Well, they have a poet laureate, so it's a start:

Yes, I know, it doesn't have any blinking or aching seeds, but you gotta start somewhere. 
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=216x4738

I sure hope our old DUmp links don't die.
At least this one's safe:
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,40028.0

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 06:27:45 PM »
I registered over there.

Not to cause trouble or anything, but just to see if anyone there wants to know the facts of the matter.

We'll see; probably none of them'll see "franksolich" in their midst.

Thanks for registering, I haven't noticed your posts there yet but all opinions are welcome. Even from you guys ;).

By the way, I appreciate the few hits you have all been sending over in the last few days, you know what they say about publicity. I must admit I had forgotten about ya'll until I saw this post in my analytics account. I see some of you are just as mature as I remember. "LUgnuts" and "LUsers", and "LUnies" very clever. :II: Did you guys come up with those all by yourselves?

That site is easier to navigate and follow than any version of DU that I have seen.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:45:57 PM by No Limit »

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
. I see some of you are just as mature as I remember. "LUgnuts" and "LUsers", and "LUnies" very clever. :II: Did you guys come up with those all by yourselves?
Nah, you're doing fine living up to those names all by yourself.

And here's a High Five for coming over to spar a bit. A lot of the DUmmies never did. So ya got a bit of respect from me. But don't tell anyone. I got a rep ya know... :cheersmate:

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
Nah, you're doing fine living up to those names all by yourself.

And here's a High Five for coming over to spar a bit. A lot of the DUmmies never did. So ya got a bit of respect from me. But don't tell anyone. I got a rep ya know... :cheersmate:

This is the second time I've come here, I must say it can be fun since a few of you seem capable of actual discussion instead of throwing childish names around. And I always enjoy honest discussions. Unfortunately you guys only seem to notice my site when I get to the front page of reddit or to the top of DU's greatest page. We've been there 24/7 for over 8 months now, even if some days were slower than others. Stop by some time, we don't bite.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:03:05 PM by No Limit »

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »
That one-hour limit really sucks.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
This is the second time I've come here, I must say it can be fun since a few of you seem capable of actual discussion instead of throwing childish names around. And I always enjoy honest discussions. Unfortunately you guys only seem to notice my site when I get to the front page of reddit or to the top of DU's greatest page. We've been there 24/7 for over 8 months now, even if some days were slower than others. Stop by some time, we don't bite.

Why use so many words when you mean:

Blah blah blah blah blah, I'm a condescending asshole, blah blah blah blah blah, I grace you morons with my presence.

Now that would be honest.

Mr Mann is right, you guys earn every nickname you get.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 07:50:38 PM »
Thanks for registering, I haven't noticed your posts there yet but all opinions are welcome. Even from you guys ;)

Well now, sir, like I said, I have no intention of causing any problems for someone I don't know, someone who's never caused problems for me.

I just registered there in case your member sky has any questions about conservativecave, or about franksolich's association with Skins.  He seemed to be operating under a whole lot of wrong assumptions, and because the truth never hurts, he needs illumination.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 07:52:06 PM »
At least now no one will need to ask "Whatever happened to Short Al?"

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
Why use so many words when you mean:

How about this:

Blah blah blah blah blah, anyone here that responds to childish name calling is a elitist asshole that doesn't understand the "truth".

I'm just here to provide some response to what has been posted about a site I run. If you consider what has been posted here so far as intelligent criticism of leftundeground then that is certainly your choice. I'm not asking you to put your pom poms down.

To everyone else I look forward to any actual criticisms you might have, I will stick around to make sure I address it. I feel I have done that in the past, and this time will be no different.

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
Well now, sir, like I said, I have no intention of causing any problems for someone I don't know, someone who's never caused problems for me.

I just registered there in case your member sky has any questions about conservativecave, or about franksolich's association with Skins.  He seemed to be operating under a whole lot of wrong assumptions, and because the truth never hurts, he needs illumination.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "causing problems". I made it clear time and time again that giving your opinion (no matter what side of the political spectrum your opinion happens to be on) is not giving problems, it is welcome. I just can't seem to stop laughing at the fact that some of you keep calling out a member of my site here in your own safehaven without actually calling them out where they could directly respond to you. How very brave of you.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
To everyone else I look forward to any actual criticisms you might have, I will stick around to make sure I address it. I feel I have done that in the past, and this time will be no different.

Ah.

Now a faint glimmer of remembrance is flickering on.

You've been here before, this site's been discussed here before.  I think.

I think it was right after the site was first set up, and there was some criticism about the random nature of it; that it didn't seem to have a distinct "identity."

And I pointed out the site was still new, and had to have time to evolve into what it was to be; all things take time to find a direction.....using this site as an example, which stumbled around when still new.

For which you thanked me.

If that was in fact you, sir, since it's been a while, has the site developed a distinct identity yet?

I'd check, but on Monday-Tuesday-and-Wednesdays, I'm busier in real life than Mother Hubbard with sixty-six kids, after which things slow down, and I can check.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 08:10:50 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "causing problems". I made it clear time and time again that giving your opinion (no matter what side of the political spectrum your opinion happens to be on) is not giving problems, it is welcome.

Well now, surely, sir, you're aware of the "brand reputation" of franksolich.

I was banned at Fat Che's website even before I got done registering there.

And I'm sure my appearance on Skins's island would bring forth much joy and jubilation among the primitives.

I'm a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can hope to meet, and don't like to cause problems.

I just can't seem to stop laughing at the fact that some of you keep calling out a member of my site here in your own safehaven without actually calling them out where they could directly respond to you. How very brave of you.

Fair enough; perhaps your member sky did ask for the accurate details on your site, but as mentioned in my earlier comment, I haven't been able to go over there this week.  If I see he did, I'll answer his questions over there as soon as things calm down in real life.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »
Hey franksolich, I do remember you. And I did thank you, and I still do. I don't know that a distinct identity has been set up for the site (yet), to be totally honest such a goal is very difficult to achieve in a site that allows anyone to post just about any opinion. I have my own personal goals as far as what identity I wish to achieve, but my own personal goals matter little in a environment where I rely on a site that is totally open to anyone. And I am perfectly fine with that, I never considered myself all that interesting, I would much rather other people share their views in an environment I set up but moderate little. Like I said above, your opinions are more than welcome and I do look forward to your posts when you have some free time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:22:18 PM by No Limit »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 08:25:54 PM »
Hey franksolich, I do remember you. And I did thank you, and I still do. I don't know that a distinct identity has been set up yet, to be totally honest such a goal is very difficult to achieve in a site that allows anyone to post just about any opinion. I have my own personal goals as far as what identity I wish to achieve, but my own personal goals matter little in a environment where I rely on a site that is totally open to anyone. And I am perfectly fine with that, to be honest I never considered myself all that interesting, I would much rather other people share their views in an environment I set up but moderate little. Like I said above, your opinions are more than welcome and I do look forward to your posts when you have some free time.

Well, when I look later this week, say any time after Wednesday afternoon, I'll check to see what it's evolving into, in my own opinion.  It takes time and trouble and hopes when setting up a web-site, and kudos to you for doing what many simply just talk about ("banFoxNews.com" or whatever it was called).

"leftunderground.com"'s been on my "favorites" or "bookmarks" thingamajig for a while anyway.

But really, we're not going to change each other's mind about issues.

However, on non-political things such as the ownership of conservativecave or franksolich's association with Skinner, if your member sky has questions about that, or other non-political issues, I'm happy to mosey over there to give him the straight dope.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
How about this:
I'm just here to provide some response to what has been posted about a site I run. If you consider what has been posted here so far as intelligent criticism of leftundeground then that is certainly your choice. I'm not asking you to put your pom poms down.

No, it is your attitude of "well, some of you here are civilized but, of course, none of you could ever be as civilized as we right thinking people" that has my hackles up.

I live in New Marx City so I have to put up with that condescending liberal attitude all day long.

I am very happy you schizmed from the DUmp, I think individuals should do what makes them happy. And hope that works out well for you.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »
franksolich, I appreciate the reply but I still can't understand the obsession you all have with sky. It's a bit creepy to be honest. Just contact her already.

Offline No Limit

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 08:40:05 PM »
No, it is your attitude of "well, some of you here are civilized but, of course, none of you could ever be as civilized as we right thinking people" that has my hackles up.

I live in New Marx City so I have to put up with that condescending liberal attitude all day long.

I am very happy you schizmed from the DUmp, I think individuals should do what makes them happy. And hope that works out well for you.

No, actually it's the fact that some of you come up with childish names instead of actual criticism to try and discredit a website I run "that has my hackles up".

To the rest of you that offer legitimate criticism I'm here to address it. I've done it before and I'm here to do it again.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:43:23 PM by No Limit »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »
franksolich, I appreciate the reply but I still can't understand the obsession you all have with sky. It's a bit creepy to be honest. Just contact her already.

I wouldn't call it an obsession with a member in particular, sir--please notice I wasn't even aware of the gender of the member, as I was more "obsessed" with inaccuracies being spread around the internet; the "message" rather than the "messenger."

I've been dealing with that for a very long time now, and it gets irritating, when all one really has to do is ask franksolich for the facts of a matter, and one's told.  It needs pointed out that in all these years, no one from the other side has ever asked franksolich, "hey, what's the deal on this?"

Not once.  Not one single time.

Apparently it's just easier to run around the internet repeating rumors and mistruths, I guess.

I assure you, sir, franksolich has no contagious diseases, and doesn't beat people up, for asking questions.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
No, actually it's the fact that some of you come up with childish names instead of actual criticism to try and discredit a website I run "that has my hackles up".

To the rest of you that offer legitimate criticism I'm here to address it. I've done it before and I'm here to do it again.

It's your right to ignore the "name-calling" if you want; it's sort of like ignoring the political cartoon on the editorial page of a newspaper.  Caricature just isn't everybody's cup of tea.

I have to leave now, but I'll take a look after Wednesday afternoon.

However, a few words of caution.  Don't let the site degenerate into simply an anti-DU site.

That doesn't work, as Andrea of oldelmtree knows, and has tried to discourage, with little or no success.

I got at least a superficial impression the site's for Democrats seeking an alternative for the current president; so perhaps, if my superficial impression's correct, the accent, the focus, should be on that.

(I have no comment about the pro-0bama Democrats and the anti-0bama Democrats; not being a Democrat, that's not my dog's fight.  While it's a passionate issue for Democrats, dividing Democrats, I simply look at it as if watching a show on television.)

But I dunno; give me a chance to take a look-see as the week goes on.
apres moi, le deluge