Author Topic: Bone soup  (Read 1625 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Bone soup
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »
I decided to make soup and clean out the freezer and refrig to make room room for the Thanksgiving dinner leftovers.

OH no, No meat, but I did I have a pack of frozen beef marrow bones--soup bones that we buy for the dogs.

Why the heck not, I fried the marrow bones in olive oil, added all the frozen vegetables in the freezer you name it it went into the pot with loads of fresh garlic.  bags of green and red peppers, a bag of pearl onions Italian green beans , a few Brussels sprouts, turned down the heat and let it simmer in their own juice.

I found one beef and 2 chicken bouillon cubes tossed them in added 2 cubed fresh potatoes with enough water to just cover the whole mess.

So here this stuff sat simmering on the stove sending out wonderful smells and the phone rings.

Hubby calling from work on first break to ask what he needed to pick up for dinner.    All I needed was those dinner rolls that are heated up in the oven.

Then the SHTF. what am I cooking for dinner??    Why Dear we are having Bone Soup , I had to repeat this 2 times and found nothing but silence on his side of the phone.

Finally I asked if he was coming home for dinner, lots of ohs and Arch's on his end of the phone. Finally he says he says he may have to visit a sick friend. Don't hold dinner for him, he will pick up a pizza.

I am so glad I did not tell him I was cooking frogs legs, I would not have seen him until next week. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Bone soup
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
 :rotf:

vesta, you is incredible.

To be "bone soup", you might actually have to eat those bones. Since that won't happen, it sounds like what you wound up with was beef broth/stock infused with whatever veggies you dumped in the pot.

Your hubby sounded like he was hungry. Beef stock won't cut it when you're hungry, dear.

:lmao:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
I have a bone to pick with you!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
Might make a good first course; a good way to get your vegetables in, for fussy people who have to be coaxed to eat their veg's, like me.