Author Topic: 11-19 college football live thread  (Read 10981 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: 11-19 college football live thread
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »
To answer the question about snow, ice, and deer hunting (at least from my perspective):

The deer will hole up in as protected a spot as they can get to, if there's icing happening.  Hooves generally don't get a whole bunch of traction on ice.  Snow?  It depends on how fast it's coming down.

At the camp I belong to, in NY's Northern Zone, we got another buck this week.  A young six-pointer.  Also, another 'yote.  The coyote must have been a tad over 40 pounds.  Incredibly white teeth--I joked that we'd find its' Crest White-Strips somewhere.  The damned 'yote had had its' backbone blown away in the middle of the back, and it was trying to get away with only the front legs.  Our asshole lawyer had to put a second .308 round into it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2011, 06:15:44 PM »
Baylor played one of the luckiest games I've ever seen in my life. They caught, but did not make, every break. They'll never see a QB come through there like Griffin (what is this his 7th year now?) again.

That "chop block" call on Finch was one of the biggest crocks of shit I've ever seen.

:blah:

:wink:

BTW, I think you're talking about Houston's QB. He's a 6 year senior.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
BTW, I think you're talking about Houston's QB. He's a 6 year senior.

Griffin got a medical hardship redshirt. He's had two ACL rebuilds.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2011, 10:20:46 PM »
Can anyone ( REBEL ) explain what a Mercy Knee is ?     :lmao:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/11/20/2575305/lsu-ole-miss-final-score-taking-knees-clock

Bacarri Rambo > Honey Badger   

BWAHAHAHAHA

The Pretty Boy Floyd's of college football.

Did you know Bacarri's real last name was Fudge ?

Did you know Tyrann Mathieu was a natural blonde ?

Why was Ole Miss's stadium so empty after halftime ?   :fuelfire:

I expected Nutt to beg for a job. Wasn't too long ago he started a rumor saying LSU contacted him for the head coaching job only to find out later it was a LIE.  That little lie got him a new contract.  I'll bet the school is kicking itself now.

On a good note, Leach would be a great coach for Ole Miss.

See, unlike SOME people, I don't hate.   :rotf:

You should see my LSU bathroom. The only thing missing is this year's National Championship Poster.   :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2011, 07:18:43 AM »
...and what's worse, I sit in an office with a New Orleans-born LSU fan 5' away from me.  :banghead:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
 :lol:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
:lol:

I have no idea what fans of Louisiana State are like (in real life) as my exposure to them's been nil, nothing.

The Southeastern Conference is pretty much terra incognito to me, other than occasional and random encounters with fans of Alabama, Wake Forest, and Clemson. 

They've always struck me as people of first-rate quality, top-notch people, fans of Alabama, Wake Forest, and Clemson.

As far as I can recall (and I might recall incorrectly), Nebraska's played Louisiana State only one time, and that was in the Orange Bowl in 1971, in which case I was too young and too far away to meet any of their fans.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2011, 10:54:55 PM »
I have no idea what fans of Louisiana State are like (in real life) as my exposure to them's been nil, nothing.

The Southeastern Conference is pretty much terra incognito to me, other than occasional and random encounters with fans of Alabama, Wake Forest, and Clemson.  

They've always struck me as people of first-rate quality, top-notch people, fans of Alabama, Wake Forest, and Clemson.

As far as I can recall (and I might recall incorrectly), Nebraska's played Louisiana State only one time, and that was in the Orange Bowl in 1971, in which case I was too young and too far away to meet any of their fans.

Frank, in what's bolded, only one team is in the SEC. The other two are ACC teams. One nerd school and one with ties to "The Band of Brothers".

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2011, 08:15:41 AM »
Frank, in what's bolded, only one team is in the SEC. The other two are ACC teams. One nerd school and one with ties to "The Band of Brothers".

Well, as you know, sir, the South is pretty much terra incognito to me, but I did know Clemson and Wake Forest were in a conference not the Southeastern Conference; just couldn't remember which one.

Nothing against the South--absolutely not; my good friend JohnnyReb lives down over there, in South Carolina, and my equally-good friend Larcarnut, in Louisiana--but really, the only time I've ever been in the South was a day spent in Louisville, Kentucky.  It was in an October, 1984 I think, and it was so hot down South I immediately went north to Cincinnati, to find some cooler weather.

Again, nothing negative about the decent and civilized people of the South, which includes nearly all the native-born down there, white and black--but does not include the transplants from other parts of the country--the people of the South are one thing, but alas the weather is quite another thing.

<<thrives in cold weather, melts in warm weather.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2011, 09:26:21 AM »
but really, the only time I've ever been in the South was a day spent in Louisville, Kentucky.  It was in an October, 1984 I think, and it was so hot down South I immediately went north to Cincinnati, to find some cooler weather.

:confused:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »
:confused:

:lmao:

Everyone knows it's on average 2.3 degrees cooler north of the Ohio River than it is south of the river.

Just sayin'..... :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.