Author Topic: Paper Money  (Read 2437 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Paper Money
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »
I don't think anybody else on here is into collecting paper money, but I stumbled on a few of these I "own" (safekeeping for my father, according to my mother- my house is air conditioned, theirs is not). 

I thought of posting them on here when I noticed these three were from Desoto, Nebraska, and also since frank seems to be interested in things of Nebraska nature, I figured he might enjoy these. 

I have no idea where he got these from.  I've got a few more I might post if there is any interest in seeing them as well.  I've always been a coin guy, and never paid much attention to paper money.  I've no idea of their value, if any, but mostly enjoy them because I think they're quite beautiful.  I always thought after looking at these that our modern paper money's aesthetics leave something to be desired.  The detail on these is quite intricate.  If you open the images in a new tab, they blow up a little bigger than what they are on here.     

Offline Akubra

• Banned
Re: Paper Money
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »
I have a few paper notes, mostly modern(ish).  Afghanistan from before the revaluation, Eastern Europe, North Korea, Pakistan, Iraq. They are places I have worked in but none of the notes have any value.  I am considering making a glass top coffee table with them in.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Paper Money
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
I have a few paper notes, mostly modern(ish).  Afghanistan from before the revaluation, Eastern Europe, North Korea, Pakistan, Iraq. They are places I have worked in but none of the notes have any value.  I am considering making a glass top coffee table with them in.

Actually, that is a really good idea.  I've thought about hanging similar stuff on a wall, but a coffee table or something else that displays flat would be quite different.  I wonder how you'd fix them so they stay where they belong?  Just with the glass sitting on them, I think they'd tend to wander.