Author Topic: DIY Projects and Girls  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
DIY Projects and Girls
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »
Our house is 14 years old and some of the stuff is starting to look a little dated and we definitely need some sprucing up here.  If it were up to my husband, he'd keep it just the way it is. 

He works a lot and though he does like to do home projects, he just doesn't have the time.  I don't work so I do have the time.  And I have big ideas!!

We have a Pergo floor in the entire downstairs except for in the bedroom where my husband put down hardwood.  I would love to put that same hardwood in the entire downstairs.  That would be about 1500 sq.  The upstairs has old Berber carpet (yuck, yuck, yuck) and eventually I'd love to replace that as well but we don't use the upstairs hardly at all. 

When I watch the home improvement shows, they make it look so easy. 

Is it worth a shot, or am I underestimating the amount of time and work?  Don't forget, I have a right arm that's not full strength, either. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: DIY Projects and Girls
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:45:24 AM »
Flooring is ALOT of work, demo etc. Remember you'll have to cut and trim many, many pieces of the flooring to get it to fit around the edges (one of the reasons you add extra boxes of flooring to your estimate)  The Home Shows have "edit", so they never show all the work that's done.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »
If you decide to try it, please get kneepads. Otherwise.......the pain later on will be "noticeable."

And the Home Improvement programs don't show all of the work necessary, plus they have every up-to-date tool to do the job.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
That's exactly what my husband says - even the part about the knee pads.   :naughty:

Sorry, had to add that. 

Yeah, I think that's a job best left to the professionals. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »
The flooring, or the knee pads?

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
someone say knee pads?  :whistling:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.