Author Topic: If True, What Did Joe Paterno Know?  (Read 71387 times)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: If True, What Did Joe Paterno Know?
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »
According to salon.com, the most gay friendly college campus in America has a football program that is a bastion of conservatism:

Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno, registered Republicans
The Penn State football program, like many others at the college level, has long been a bastion of conservatism

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/09/jerry_sandusky_and_joe_paterno_registered_republicans/

Apparently the author of this article says that political affiliation doesn't count when applied to pedophiles, but.....

:whatever:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
According to salon.com, the most gay friendly college campus in America has a football program that is a bastion of conservatism:

Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno, registered Republicans
The Penn State football program, like many others at the college level, has long been a bastion of conservatism

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/09/jerry_sandusky_and_joe_paterno_registered_republicans/

Apparently the author of this article says that political affiliation doesn't count when applied to pedophiles, but.....

:whatever:

Yeah, it's a real shame you can't strangle idiots over the interwebs sometimes...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
Paterno was gone after this season regardless, so he's trying to escape with no penalty whatever.

Paterno knew what Sandusky was doing since 1998, when he was investigated by the police, and was forced to take early retirement at the end of the 1999 season. No one will ever know what he was up to in 1999.

Don't believe a word about any other reason he left. They wanted him out, but with no adverse publicity for the program.

Since Paterno knew Sandusky was a homo pedophile since 1998, the 2002 incident could not have been misunderstood and could not have been a surprise.

Paterno's sole motivation was to protect his football program, the kids be damned.

And the real villain in this, beside Sandusky, is Mike McQuery, the omnipresent redhead on the Penn State sidelines. He was 28 years old, not a kid, when he discovered the child being assaulted. He just quietly left, to allow Sandusky to finish, then went with his father to Paterno to negotiate a job on the coaching staff, which along with his silence he still holds.

Paterno shouldn't be fired, he should be jailed, along with McQuery and Sandusky. Paterno is the lowest form of scum on earth.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 07:37:02 AM »
The prez as well.

Good riddance.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 08:22:04 AM »
Pedo State students rally to support the cover-up of the molestations and turn violent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AgZ7lBhWPNsc3tvtGVBmtXwcvrYF?slug=ap-pennstateabuse-students

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 08:23:53 AM »
Pedo State students rally to support the cover-up of the molestations and turn violent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AgZ7lBhWPNsc3tvtGVBmtXwcvrYF?slug=ap-pennstateabuse-students

Maybe it's a thinly disguised "Occupy Pedo State" protest.  :whatever:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 11:54:10 AM »
I don't understand how McQuery is going to be allowed to be the coach for the PS/Nebraska game this weekend. He has some culpability also. I will say in his only defense - because I think he should have at the very least anonomously called the cops - he was a grad assistant which is always a rather vulnerable position (no pun intended) as it's at the whim of whichever prof/department as to how long you get to stay. But to see anyone - even if it's your boss - raping a child and to walk away ...makes me want to beat the crap out of him!!!!! I know that Paterno was right up there next to God, as far as the PS fans and community were concerned...look at how the ADA dismissed the accusations 10+ years ago as a perfect example. But there had to be someone he could have told, other than his father! 

What has happened to these children - and we may never know how many - is beyond my comprehension (I have not been able to read the reports, both from a time standpoint and I don't know that I can handle reading them). To say I feel incredible sympathy for them is an understatement.

However....I have to say, I feel so sorry for the PS football players - the seniors who are playing their last home game on Saturday, and the underclassmen, who have to be wondering what their is going to happen to their college football futures and possible professional football careers and whatever possible stigma will be attached to them personally for being in the Penn football program during this time. Also one has to wonder, the players that were there the last 10 years - were any of them aware?

I also feel incredibly sorry for the Nebraska football team that has to walk into this mess on Saturday and try to play a football game, that is a rather significant game for them. They have absolutely nothing to do with any of this tragedy, yet will be dragged into the current situation, just because they have to play a long time scheduled football game. I doubt that last night's rioting will be the last, and you have to wonder what the situation will be like in a football stadium with tens of thousands of people on Saturday.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
I don't understand how McQuery is going to be allowed to be the coach for the PS/Nebraska game this weekend. He has some culpability also.
McQuery is one guy who has profited from this mess. He parlayed his witnessing of the crime into a full-time job on the Penn State football staff.

All he's had to do is keep his mouth shut.

He may be lucky that he didn't disappear like the DA who investigated Sandusky.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
In talking with risk managers today, they told me that PSU can never be insured again. Sure the State of Penn is self insured and extends coverages to the entire State system, but just how do you reserve for a contingency like this. This will cost PSU literally millions upon millions in settlements. But there is also the thought that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Is PSU culpable since so many of their football athletes served as camp counselors for Sandusky during the summer? If senior administration
officials knew what had transpired after 2002 and allowed additional victims to be destroyed by Sandusky through the foundation, they are just as culpable as Sandusky.
Paterno and all of his coaching staff, the AD, the VP, the chief of Police for PSU, the DA's office and the President could be facing charges of their own in aiding and abetting a felony against a minor.

All it would have taken is one person to speak up and call  the State Police rather than the locals, one phone call.... and Joe Paterno did  nothing.

I wonder how Joe Paterno would feel if one of his 16 grandchildren had been violated by a Sandusky?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
I'm curious to see if Penn State can survive this and remain solvent.  The state would probably take over if that happened, I guess.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »
I'm curious to see if Penn State can survive this and remain solvent.  The state would probably take over if that happened, I guess.
They've got plenty of well to do alums who would rally to the bailout in order to prevent that. A very proud school, that Penn State. After the shock and drama wears off they will rise above it in no time. This Paterno idiot has handed them quite a kick in the teeth but once the student body and alumni begin to realize that he will fade away without leaving a lasting tarnish on the school.
The prestige of Penn State stems from a whole lot more than just the gridiron and the entire Penn State brand is a hell of a lot bigger than Joe Paterno.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
In talking with risk managers today, they told me that PSU can never be insured again. Sure the State of Penn is self insured and extends coverages to the entire State system, but just how do you reserve for a contingency like this. This will cost PSU literally millions upon millions in settlements. But there is also the thought that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Is PSU culpable since so many of their football athletes served as camp counselors for Sandusky during the summer? If senior administration
officials knew what had transpired after 2002 and allowed additional victims to be destroyed by Sandusky through the foundation, they are just as culpable as Sandusky.
Paterno and all of his coaching staff, the AD, the VP, the chief of Police for PSU, the DA's office and the President could be facing charges of their own in aiding and abetting a felony against a minor.

All it would have taken is one person to speak up and call  the State Police rather than the locals, one phone call.... and Joe Paterno did  nothing.

I wonder how Joe Paterno would feel if one of his 16 grandchildren had been violated by a Sandusky?
Now bogus victims will start lining up, like New Yorkers piling into a wrecked city bus.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
Well, it looks as if the WR coach won't be there Saturday:

Penn State's McQueary won’t coach due to ‘multiple threats’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/witness_protection_FMBHYOF14JWRvT9X23i6SK

And here I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, he would be absent due to his own shame.  Stupid me...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
Well, it looks as if the WR coach won't be there Saturday:

Penn State's McQueary won’t coach due to ‘multiple threats’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/witness_protection_FMBHYOF14JWRvT9X23i6SK

And here I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, he would be absent due to his own shame.  Stupid me...

What means this word "shame" you speak of? 
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 11:45:13 AM »
Some new images that are floating about:

C.S. Lewis

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
According to PennLive.com, one of the PSU coaches gathered several players in a room on campus and allowed McQueary to speak to the team via speaker phone.

McQueary reportedly told the team, “I wanted to let you guys know I’m not your coach anymore. I’m done.”

McQueary also told the team he’s not at the University, but in protective custody after receiving several threats … and “double fisting” booze.
TMZ / Hot Air
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
Sandusky Faces 460 Years In Jail

Details about the eight alleged victims are included in the grand jury presentment, but the complaint lists 37 offenses resulting in 40 criminals counts.

The most serious criminal count is deviate sexual intercourse with a underage complainant, which is a first-degree felony. Under the state code for sex crimes, the maximum sentence of each count is 40 years .

Based on the maximum sentencing for each count, Sandusky faces 460 years in charges.
MyFoxPhilly

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – A large police presence was on hand Thursday night in downtown State College in hopes of preventing a repeat of the chaos that erupted here Wednesday evening.

Mounted police officers were on patrol, law enforcement vehicles from at least three jurisdictions circled the streets and a helicopter hovered over the area for at least an hour. Officers on foot patrol wore riot helmets and carried night sticks.

The streets were quiet Thursday night. The biggest gathering was of patrons braving the cold to stand in line to get into a popular downtown night club.

On Wednesday, students and other fans filled the streets after football coach Joe Paterno was fired after 46 years as head coach and 61 years with the Nittany Lions program in the wake of the child sex abuse scandal involving former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. Hundreds went to Paterno's home on nearby McKee Street to show their support.

Students did double-takes Thursday when they saw the horses and their officer mounts because they're typically only seen during the week-long summer arts festival and on New Year's Eve

One student on a cell phone was heard saying, “There are more cops here than I've ever seen in my entire life.”

Nebraska fans headed to State College can expect to see similar law enforcement displays on Friday and Saturday in the downtown area as well as around nearby Beaver Stadium Saturday for the 11 a.m. game between the No. 19-ranked Huskers and No. 12 Penn State.

Husker fans will be the minority among the 106,000 or so expected to attend the game. Just 3,600 tickets were sold to Husker fans, the allotment given the Nebraska ticket office. The Nebraska Alumni Association did not offer a trip to the Penn State game because it was not a top choice for those who frequently travel to games, said the association's director, Diane Mendenhall.

Penn State professor R. Scott Kretchmar, who put together a seminar on sportsmanship on campus earlier this week, said he would be shocked and surprised if fans took their anger out on Husker fans.

“We should treat Nebraska fans with the dignity and respect that they're due,” he said.

Kretchmar, who recently completed his 10-year tenure as Penn State's faculty athletic representative, said he received a note Friday morning from Nebraska faculty athletic representative Jo Potuto.

“She sent me the kindest, nicest note to express her sadness with how much we're suffering," he said.

Kretchmar also added he doesn't see any "bad blood" between the Huskers and Penn State because there's not a long history of the two programs playing each other. Nebraska last played at Beaver Stadium in 2002, losing 40-7, before winning 18-10 in Lincoln in 2003.

"It's not like a rivalry yet and as far as I know there's no bad blood that would rouse emotions,” Kretchmar said. “We've had a few mishaps over the years, but I think we've done a good job with this recently. We should be on our best behavior this week.”

About 2 p.m. EST: Saw Husker fans standing with the Joe Paterno statue near Beaver Stadium. They had placed a Husker flag in his hands.

I walked around in a red hoodie and nobody assaulted me or came after me. They did look at me funny, but that was it.

About 3:30 p.m. EST: At Joe Paterno's house right now and his wife just came to the door and gave people standing with us some cookies.

There were a few Nebraska fans mingling with Penn State fans and Paterno's neighbors. Spotted several staunch Paterno defenders.

About 5:30 p.m. EST: More from the Paternos' house earlier. . .

People have been bringing gifts to Joe Paterno's house all day. It's been a steady stream of people leaving cards, flowers, food – almost like a funeral.

Earlier Friday, Paterno's wife came out and re-gifted cookies to some people nearby. When she came to the door a second time, there were shouts of "We love you" to her from some of the folks in blue.

While neighbors weren't happy with the gawkers and media clogging their street, one polite woman could be heard giving directions to the Husker fans who stopped by.

7:30 p.m. EST: Heading downtown, then plan to stop by the candlelight vigil planned by students. The vigil will be held in front of the campus administration building to show support for the boys who were allegedly abused.

State College police Capt. John Gardner said he does not expect problems at Saturday's game. Authorities are monitoring Facebook and Twitter, and Penn State's residence life department is organizing group discussions for students to talk out their feelings about the week's events.

The university implemented increased security measures for all athletic events this weekend, including a ban on bags — purses included — at all arenas, and Gardner said there will be a "significant police presence" at Beaver Stadium.

Also, instead of the traditional "white out" for Saturday's game, fans were asked to wear blue — the color associated with child abuse awareness.

8:30 p.m. EST: It's pretty quiet on College Avenue. There are more cars and vans lining the street than there were earlier, but not seeing much Husker red.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111111/NEWS01/111119766#pregame-live-from-penn-state
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 07:32:21 AM »
http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_55717932-13e1-588f-a513-7dc3d4101afc.html

From the Lincoln Journal-Star this morning:

Cars.com pulls advertising from Penn State-NU telecast

A person familiar with the decision says Cars.com has pulled out as the "presenting sponsor" of two college football games on ESPN involving Penn State in the wake of the sex-abuse scandal engulfing the program.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the move has not been announced.

The sponsorship was withdrawn for "Saturday Afternoon College Football" for the next two weeks, including Penn State's game against Nebraska at 11 a.m. Saturday.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »
TMZ / Hot Air

My guess is that McQueary won't make it far past the first of the year before he kills himself.

C.S. Lewis

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
My guess is that McQueary won't make it far past the first of the year before he kills himself.

If you're betting, I won't take that bet.

The chain of information/"telephone" bit makes a lot of sense. And that puts Paterno right up there at the top of the shitheap. If, in fact, he heard the words "anal rape" from McQueary and watered the information down to "something of a sexual nature," Paterno deserves every negative action that comes out of this.

You can't ride the wave, being on top, for 40+ years without accepting the moral, personal, and professional responsibility that goes with it.

That's why he made the big bucks.

**** you, Joe. You're a scumbag.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
If you're betting, I won't take that bet.

The chain of information/"telephone" bit makes a lot of sense. And that puts Paterno right up there at the top of the shitheap. If, in fact, he heard the words "anal rape" from McQueary and watered the information down to "something of a sexual nature," Paterno deserves every negative action that comes out of this.

You can't ride the wave, being on top, for 40+ years without accepting the moral, personal, and professional responsibility that goes with it.

That's why he made the big bucks.

**** you, Joe. You're a scumbag.
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this statement after reading this....http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/11/sandusky-recuited-hs-players-this-season/ :o If this is true,Paterno needs to be in the prison cell right next to Sanduskey. WHY IN THE BLUE **** WAS THIS ASSHOLE DOING RECRUITING FOR YOU JOE???????? UN****INGBELIEVABLE!!!!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!