Author Topic: DirecTV  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
DirecTV
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:47:04 PM »
i didn't know where to put this one

so as of november 1st, DirecTV is dropping several channels due to a contract dispute.

channels going away:
FX: lots of good shows!
National Geographic
Speed
Fuel
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Sports Net
Fox Soccer
Fox Soccer Plus
Fox Departes

and its possible the Fox Local channels as well as FOX NEWS could follow.

READ MORE

i have my local cable company coming on monday to set me with their stuff and i am dropping directv on tuesday.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: DirecTV
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
We went through this last year with Dish Network.  From what I could gather those channels were wanting a fairly large increase to stay in the package and Charlie Ergen wasn't playing their game. 

There was a pretty good writing campaign going on and those channels came back on in 3 weeks with no increase in price to Dish customers.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
well here is another reason i am dropping directv

up until 2 months ago directv gave us the fox local out of minneapolis. i got it in HD. well where i live we have a local fox channel in town(its garbage by the way). So directv gave us the local one and took away the minneapolis one. the new one says HD, but its cropped SD. so now when i watch my vikes i dont have HD and cant even see what the score is cause the sides of teh screen is cut off. Now the local channel has told Directv they have a HD signal they can gladly send them but Directtv told them it is a bandwidth issue and they dont have anymore room for local channels in HD. so i pay for HD and want to see sports in HD but because of Directv's decisions, i cant. so **** them. even if they keep all the channels they are threatening to take away.

my local cable company gives me more local channels in HD, i will get now both fox local channels in SD and HD.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 06:48:49 PM »
i didn't know where to put this one

so as of november 1st, DirecTV is dropping several channels due to a contract dispute.

channels going away:
National Geographic
Speed
Fuel
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Sports Net
Fox Soccer
Fox Soccer Plus
Fox Departes

and its possible the Fox Local channels as well as FOX NEWS could follow.

READ MORE

i have my local cable company coming on monday to set me with their stuff and i am dropping directv on tuesday.

What is the Fuel channel? Never heard of that one. Nor have I heard of Fox Departes, but it sounds like a Spanish channel.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »
Nat Geo?  WTF?

I love my Verizon.  As long as I don't have to ever call them.  Their Customer Service/Technical Support is lacking, but the product is good.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 09:35:17 PM »
Speed
Fox Sports Net

3 must haves, IMO. I need my Southwest Outdoor Sports Report every Thurs. night.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
We went through this last year with Dish Network.  From what I could gather those channels were wanting a fairly large increase to stay in the package and Charlie Ergen wasn't playing their game.  

There was a pretty good writing campaign going on and those channels came back on in 3 weeks with no increase in price to Dish customers.

KC

Yep, same here.  If I recall correctly it happened right at the beginning of the Sons of Anarchy season on FX, pissed me off but it was resolved pretty quickly.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
Yep, same here.  If I recall correctly it happened right at the beginning of the Sons of Anarchy season on FX, pissed me off but it was resolved pretty quickly.

Yup, that's when it happened.  I think we missed 3 episodes but if I remember correctly Dish played those episodes over but they were out of order.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen