Author Topic: Obama Appoints Shakira to . . . What?  (Read 557 times)

Offline formerlurker

Obama Appoints Shakira to . . . What?
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:33:39 AM »
Obama Appoints Shakira to . . . What?
October 6, 2011 11:10 A.M.
By Jim Geraghty   
Tags: Barack Obama, Shakira

Okay, I’ll admit, I adore Shakira.

But even I have to wonder about President Obama appointing someone to a commission on “White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans” who . . .

A) is not a U.S. citizen, and thus, not, technically, a “Hispanic American” in the context as it is commonly used . . .

B) has had one short experience with college, consisting of one course at UCLA . . .

C) was described as an “absentminded” high-school student.

Having said that, I am in no position to criticize the president for using any old excuse to meet Shakira.

Of course, Shakira has put a lot of work into promoting schools in Latin America, etc., and most celebrity appointments to White House commissions are mostly for photo-ops and attention, anyway. But this looks like a particularly jamon-fisted effort to stir attention and excitement among Hispanic voters for 2012 . . .

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot

Ok you haters, Shakira  is clearly far more accomplished than these Hispanic AMERICAN women education scholars...

What the hell where they saying about Scott Brown's zing to Warren again?  I forget.

Offline thundley4

Re: Obama Appoints Shakira to . . . What?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot

Ok you haters, Shakira  is clearly far more accomplished than these Hispanic AMERICAN women education scholars...

What the hell where they saying about Scott Brown's zing to Warren again?  I forget.

I like this one better than Shakira, more meat on her bones.