Author Topic: Is Islam Truly So Evil??  (Read 34201 times)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: Is Islam Truly So Evil??
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
I wasn't discounting what you provided. And you shouldn't discount the information provided by others.

The best authoritative commentary on Islam is being done by those who commit atrocities and acts of terror in the name of Islam.

And the winner is...DixieBelle! :rocker2:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »
I'm "new" but I wanted to share with the "experts" about my religion. I suggest you actually read something instead of becoming sheeple looking for those who will give you vindication of the hate within.  The mouth bears witness to what is in the heart.

For those who actually want to read an authoritave commentary on Islam, outside of the armchair quaterbacks with no authority or education to speak on it, here is a downloadable pdf book that covers almost every Islamic topic you can think of.

The religion of Islam:
http://aaiil.org/text/books/mali/religionislam/religionofislam.pdf
I have read the accursed quran -- it is pure evil and clearly states muhommed (may he burn forever in hell between 2 ham hocks) created a gutter religion to use as a political weapon and to lead the stupid.  It worked.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 06:05:16 PM »
I'm "new" but I wanted to share with the "experts" about my religion. I suggest you actually read something instead of becoming sheeple looking for those who will give you vindication of the hate within.  The mouth bears witness to what is in the heart.

For those who actually want to read an authoritave commentary on Islam, outside of the armchair quaterbacks with no authority or education to speak on it, here is a downloadable pdf book that covers almost every Islamic topic you can think of.

The religion of Islam:
I have read the accursed quran -- it is pure evil and clearly states muhommed (may he burn forever in hell between 2 ham hocks) created a gutter religion to use as a political weapon and to lead the stupid.  It worked.

Freedum...tell us how you really feel :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

The religion of Islam:

Freedum...tell us how you really feel :lmao:

I have got to learn not to be such a wall flower.

;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »
Islam has not reformed itself for centuries. Many religions had their dark side, but at least they are past that. Islam does serious reforms. Perhaps, they should fight each other, like what is going on in Iraq and Pakistan, where Shia and Sunnis are at each other's throats.

Here is what I don't get. Why does the media associate Arabs with Islam? Yes, I know they invented Islam, but only make up 20 percent in the Muslim world. Before Islam, Arabs were mostly Pagan and Christian before Islam came. In American, 70% of Arabs are Christians.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:40:17 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 08:40:33 PM »
thanks RC!! I try  :naughty:

freedumb - that is some funny stuff!! May he burn in hell forever between 2 ham hocks.  :rocker2:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline MASHLover

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »

The religion of Islam:

Salaam, I have no problem with the mainstream Muslim, I know several and they are good people.  My problem, and many others on this board and in the country is with the radical muslim.  You know, the ones that like to suicide bomb trains, busses, public squares.  The ones that riot over a DAMN CARTOON, those that perform "Honor Killings", yea that branch of Islam.

Until the moderate arm of Islam takes control over these fanatics its not going to be pretty for many Muslims.  The moderate arm needs to come out and seperate themselves from these fanatics, CAIR needs to tone down their rhetoric and race baiting. 

Incidents such as the recent bombing/assassination in Pakistan does NOT make Islam look good my friend and until the excusing of such incidents STOP and the CONDEMNATION starts, the Islamic faith is in for a rough time.
formerly Striker

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 11:43:58 AM »

Salaam, I have no problem with the mainstream Muslim, I know several and they are good people.  My problem, and many others on this board and in the country is with the radical muslim.  You know, the ones that like to suicide bomb trains, busses, public squares.  The ones that riot over a DAMN CARTOON, those that perform "Honor Killings", yea that branch of Islam.

Until the moderate arm of Islam takes control over these fanatics its not going to be pretty for many Muslims.  The moderate arm needs to come out and seperate themselves from these fanatics, CAIR needs to tone down their rhetoric and race baiting. 

Incidents such as the recent bombing/assassination in Pakistan does NOT make Islam look good my friend and until the excusing of such incidents STOP and the CONDEMNATION starts, the Islamic faith is in for a rough time.

That's what I am thinking too MASH.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »

The religion of Islam:

:exactly:

nine eleven is a car

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »
Honestly, I need to see more mainstream Muslims rising up themselves and stopping the insanity of the wackjob Mullahs. THEN, I'll be convinced that Islam can be a benign religion.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »
In all fairness, Salaam "tries" to do that. He's a USMC veteran who works in some fashion as a defense contractor, or something like that.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »
Honestly, I need to see more mainstream Muslims rising up themselves and stopping the insanity of the wackjob Mullahs. THEN, I'll be convinced that Islam can be a benign religion.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  Islam is not based on the divine word of God.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 09:33:27 AM »

The religion of Islam:

pphhhbbbbbbbbbttttttt

anyone who comes using the word "sheeple" in their first post pretty much tells me all I need to know...

{edited to fix quote mishap}

Exactly....
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
I think if we apply the logic behind the saying...

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

... to Islam, we get...

Islam doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 11:19:59 AM »

... to Islam, we get...

Your analogy doesn't work.
People use guns.
Islam uses people.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »

... to Islam, we get...

People use guns.
Islam uses people.

Beliefs have no power to act. They merely serve as a rationale for thoughts and behavior.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 11:56:15 AM »

... to Islam, we get...

People use guns.
Islam uses people.

Beliefs have no power to act. They merely serve as a rationale for thoughts and behavior.

Romans 16:18  For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

1 Corr 3:11  For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

2 Corr 11:3-4  3  But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

4  For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Col 2:8  See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

1 Timothy 1:3  As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer

1 Timothy 1:4  nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work--which is by faith.

1 Timothy 1:6  Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk.

1 Timothy 1:7  They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

1 Timothy 1:19  holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.

1 Timothy 4:1  The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

1 Timothy 4:2  Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

1 Timothy 6:3  If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound
instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,

1 Timothy 6:4  he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in
controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife,
malicious talk, evil suspicions

2 Peter 2:1  But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.

Jude 1:4  For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

... to Islam, we get...

Clearly guns don't preach suicide bombing and jihad - Islam does (radical islam for the P.C. Crowd).  I understand your point, however, guns have no influence over others actions were Islam the dominates daily behavior of billions of people.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »
Salaam, don't expect to make to many friends over here either.

Like I really care..... ::)
Ain't you some famous radio show guy?

:thatsright:

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2008, 06:53:40 PM »

Clearly guns don't preach suicide bombing and jihad - Islam does (radical islam for the P.C. Crowd).  I understand your point, however, guns have no influence over others actions were Islam the dominates daily behavior of billions of people.

I think you're missing my point. People who commit acts of violence in the name of a religion bear full responsibility for those actions. To blame Islam for what fanatics do in the name of Islam is like blaming movies for the actions of kids who emulate what they see in movies.

Moreover, the fact that billions of people can practice Islam without ever committing an act of terrorism serves to demonstrate that Islam is not the problem. Fanaticism is the problem.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2008, 09:26:51 PM »

I think you're missing my point. People who commit acts of violence in the name of a religion bear full responsibility for those actions. To blame Islam for what fanatics do in the name of Islam is like blaming movies for the actions of kids who emulate what they see in movies.

Moreover, the fact that billions of people can practice Islam without ever committing an act of terrorism serves to demonstrate that Islam is not the problem. Fanaticism is the problem.

Explain to me the cartoon riots.  It is more then fanaticism, it is a flaw in the religion of peace that allows what would be considered unthinkable behavior in other modern religions.  It was similar with medieval Christianity, but that was hundreds of years ago and the rest of the world has matured - Islam has not - the result IMO is evil in our time. Are we talking fiction writer evil?  No, I'm talking about a large mass of people (not all) that would kill over a cartoon or perceived slight or a book.
nine eleven is a car

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 11:07:53 AM »
Explain to me the cartoon riots.  It is more then fanaticism, it is a flaw in the religion of peace that allows what would be considered unthinkable behavior in other modern religions.  It was similar with medieval Christianity, but that was hundreds of years ago and the rest of the world has matured - Islam has not - the result IMO is evil in our time. Are we talking fiction writer evil?  No, I'm talking about a large mass of people (not all) that would kill over a cartoon or perceived slight or a book.

Neither the Koran nor Islam have any way of making people riot. People riot because they choose to, not because they are possessed by words or by belief systems they subscribe to.

Yes, violent extremism is more prevalent in Islam than in any of the other major religions, but even so, the percentage of Muslims who commit acts of violence in the name of their religion is extremely small. Let me put things into perspective... The Islamic faith has roughly 1.6 billion adherents. Even if we inflate the number of Islamic terrorists to an absurd and unrealistic 500,000, then we have only 0.03125% of Muslims who are terrorists.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:12:15 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »

Neither the Koran nor Islam have any way of making people riot. People riot because they choose to, not because they are possessed by words or by belief systems they subscribe to.

Yes, violent extremism is more prevalent in Islam than in any of the other major religions, but even so, the percentage of Muslims who commit acts of violence in the name of their religion is extremely small. Let me put things into perspective... The Islamic faith has roughly 1.6 billion adherents. Even if we inflate the number of Islamic terrorists to an absurd and unrealistic 500,000, then we have only 0.03125% of Muslims who are terrorists.

And .000213445329% Of all other religions combined who are terrorists.
nine eleven is a car

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »

Its the startling difference between Islam and other religions with kooky persons in it, at least to me.  I live near Dearborn, they're everywhere... and the outcry is mysteriously near-absent towards the supposed hijackers of that faith.

Muslim outcry in response to terrorism may be absent in Dearborn, but it has not been absent elsewhere...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2936918.stm
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1403528,00.html
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2007/09/5000-algerians-protest-terrorism.html
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 12:26:52 PM »

Huh?  People riot EXCLUSIVELY because of their belief systems.  They don't just get together and say "hey -- let's have a riot!"  Whether their belief system is The Man is keeping them down or their evil god is being dissed, it is all about beliefs.

Their gutter religion specifically calls for using violence to accomplish the objective of making their pig god the only deity to be worshipped.  Other than Satan worship it is the only major religion on Earth that has such exhortations.  And before you point to the Old Testament, I remind you the stories pointed to with the warfare and the like are historical stories of the struggles of the Jews whose purpose are to provide generational continuity.  That is not the case with islam.