Author Topic: Is Islam Truly So Evil??  (Read 35367 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Is Islam Truly So Evil??
« on: January 02, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »
A discussion a muslim friend of mine and I have had is that Islam has the same roots as Judaism and Christianity. I kind of think that the Muslim religion has been hijacked by a bunch of fanatics, misinterpreting the Qur'An to suit their needs.

As for me, I'm kind of live and let live type of guy.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Is Islam Truly So Evil??
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:54:49 PM »
A discussion a muslim friend of mine and I have had is that Islam has the same roots as Judaism and Christianity. I kind of think that the Muslim religion has been hijacked by a bunch of fanatics, misinterpreting the Qur'An to suit their needs.

Man, you just don't understand, man, Islam is a religion of peace, man. Christians are the true oppressors, man.  :sarcasm:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
At somewhere around 1,500 years, world religions seem to need a revolution. It happened in Judaism with the destruction of the temple. It happened in Christianity with the Reformation. It needs to happen to Islam, it seems to me.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 10:02:58 PM »
"Topic: Is Islam Truly So Evil??"

Yes. Ever see any Mormon suicide bombers? No.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:47:54 PM »
I think that the perversion of that religion is so widespread that the answer to your question is "yes."

Do I believe all people of Islamic faith are evil?  No.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »
I think that the perversion of that religion is so widespread that the answer to your question is "yes."

Problem is, it's said that 10% of Muslims are radical. It's also said there are between 1.3 and 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. That's 130-180 million radical weirdbeards out there and if their "moderates" don't get'em under control, they're going to be collateral damage. They need to make a choice.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:56:19 PM »

Problem is, it's said that 10% of Muslims are radical. It's also said there are between 1.3 and 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. That's 130-180 million radical weirdbeards out there and if their "moderates" don't get'em under control, they're going to be collateral damage. They need to make a choice.

Agreed. 

Quote from: Uhhuh35
Ever see any Mormon suicide bombers? No.
   :bravo:
nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:15 PM »

Sadly, only "radical" muslims are hewing to their faith as defined by muhommed (may he burn in hell forever between pig skins). 

I have read the accursed quran and anyone who follows it is, by definition, following evil.  Modern society doesn't give a pass to people who say "I learned that as a child." 

Everyone chooses their morality.  To choose evil or to allow evil to be thrust upon you is a choice nonetheless.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »

Sadly, only "radical" muslims are hewing to their faith as defined by muhommed (may he burn in hell forever between pig skins). 

I have read the accursed quran and anyone who follows it is, by definition, following evil.  Modern society doesn't give a pass to people who say "I learned that as a child." 

Everyone chooses their morality.  To choose evil or to allow evil to be thrust upon you is a choice nonetheless.

um, so that's a "yes?"
nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 06:20:24 AM »

Fundie Muslims are not.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »

Fundie Muslims are not.

True.  And thats why we're over their blowing their brains outta the back of their heads.

But you yourself pointed out why the religion as a whole is not "evil".  It's the fundies that are.

Fundies always take it to the extreme and twist it beyond what it's supposed to be.

I don't see Islam as being evil.  It's a tool that can lead to evil, but its also one that can lead to good.  It's all just how you use it.  Kinda like the Force...

And having made a Star Wars reference in a somewhat serious discussion, I think it's time for me to leave.  :bolt:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 08:00:47 AM »

Fundie Muslims are not.

True.  And thats why we're over their blowing their brains outta the back of their heads.

But you yourself pointed out why the religion as a whole is not "evil".  It's the fundies that are.

Fundies always take it to the extreme and twist it beyond what it's supposed to be.

I don't see Islam as being evil.  It's a tool that can lead to evil, but its also one that can lead to good.  It's all just how you use it.  Kinda like the Force...

And having made a Star Wars reference in a somewhat serious discussion, I think it's time for me to leave.  :bolt:

You are wrong.  islam is inherently evil -- its very existence was created by evil for evil purposes. The reason there was never a muslim Enlightenment is that there is no part of the accursed quaran that can be "enlightened."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Salaam

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 10:30:12 AM »
I'm "new" but I wanted to share with the "experts" about my religion. I suggest you actually read something instead of becoming sheeple looking for those who will give you vindication of the hate within.  The mouth bears witness to what is in the heart.

For those who actually want to read an authoritave commentary on Islam, outside of the armchair quaterbacks with no authority or education to speak on it, here is a downloadable pdf book that covers almost every Islamic topic you can think of.

The religion of Islam:
http://aaiil.org/text/books/mali/religionislam/religionofislam.pdf

2:177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »
Salaam, don't expect to make to many friends over here either.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »
From the home page of the link provided by the new member -

Welcome to the Official Website of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam' (Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha'at-e-Islam Lahore).
The aim of this website is to archive the literary treasures of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement. Over the past hundred years the Movement has spread the word of Islam through peaceful means — the pen.

The main object of this Movement is to present the true, original message of Islam to the whole world — Islam as it is found in the Holy Quran and the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), obscured today by grave misconceptions and wrong popular notions.

Islam seeks to attract the hearts and minds of people towards the truth, by means of reasoning, good moral example, and the natural beauty of its principles. It neither aspires to gain political power, nor allows the use of force in support of the faith.

Full disclosure is always a good thing. There is a even a link on how to become a Muslim, complete with a declaration page.

Thanks for the unbiased info.  :whatever:

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Salaam

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »
Salaam, don't expect to make to many friends over here either.

Like I really care..... ::)
2:177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing.

Offline Salaam

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »
From the home page of the link provided by the new member -

Welcome to the Official Website of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam' (Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha'at-e-Islam Lahore).
The aim of this website is to archive the literary treasures of the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement. Over the past hundred years the Movement has spread the word of Islam through peaceful means — the pen.

The main object of this Movement is to present the true, original message of Islam to the whole world — Islam as it is found in the Holy Quran and the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), obscured today by grave misconceptions and wrong popular notions.

Islam seeks to attract the hearts and minds of people towards the truth, by means of reasoning, good moral example, and the natural beauty of its principles. It neither aspires to gain political power, nor allows the use of force in support of the faith.

Full disclosure is always a good thing. There is a even a link on how to become a Muslim, complete with a declaration page.

Thanks for the unbiased info.  :whatever:

Now, I know you think you have shared some info, but any who know me, knows that I'm not an Ahmaddiyah, whether Lahori or not, and Muslims of all sects use this resource because it is an authoritative book complete with references.  So you can either read the book or not, but can never say you didn't have the chance to read an authoritative commentary on Islam.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 10:43:09 AM »
I wasn't discounting what you provided. And you shouldn't discount the information provided by others.

The best authoritative commentary on Islam is being done by those who commit atrocities and acts of terror in the name of Islam.

Offline djones520

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
I wasn't discounting what you provided. And you shouldn't discount the information provided by others.

The best authoritative commentary on Islam is being done by those who commit atrocities and acts of terror in the name of Islam.

What about all those in Iraq who are fighting those who are committing those atrocities.  I'd say there are probably many more Muslims who have taken up arms agains the terrorists, then the terrorists themselves.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
Tsunami survivors given the lash
Michael Sheridan and Dewi Loveard, Banda Aceh

Disaster donations help Islamic vigilante force impose punishments on women

WHEN people around the world sent millions of pounds to help the stricken Indonesian province of Aceh after the Boxing Day tsunami of 2004, few could have imagined that their money would end up subsidising the lashing of women in public.
But militant Islamists have since imposed sharia law in Aceh and have cornered Indonesian government funds to organise a moral vigilante force that harasses women and stages frequent displays of humiliation and state-sanctioned violence.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2508262,00.html

+++

The Blasphemous Teddy Bear
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1687755,00.html
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 10:53:21 AM »
Christianity isn't without it's radical forms and factions. However, I think that most of Christianity has outgrown the radical Christianity that used to be rampant. (I still consider myself a Christian)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »

What about all those in Iraq who are fighting those who are committing those atrocities.  I'd say there are probably many more Muslims who have taken up arms agains the terrorists, then the terrorists themselves.
I'm sorry we're not more familiar with each other's points of view. So, I will state it for the record and to clear up any confusion, I believe that a person should be judged by his deeds. Not by his religion.

That being said, you cannot overlook the inherent violence in Islam and the fact that many "moderate" Muslims fear for their lives if they speak out. Just look at the example you provided: Muslims in Iraq. What is being done to those who want to live in peace and side with Coalition Forces?

I hope that someday the radical elements who claim to the be the authority on Islam lose their grip and that it becomes nothing but a painful part of the past. I just don't know when that day will come.

Offline Flame

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
I'm "new" but I wanted to share with the "experts" about my religion. I suggest you actually read something instead of becoming sheeple looking for those who will give you vindication of the hate within.  The mouth bears witness to what is in the heart.

For those who actually want to read an authoritave commentary on Islam, outside of the armchair quaterbacks with no authority or education to speak on it, here is a downloadable pdf book that covers almost every Islamic topic you can think of.

The religion of Islam:
http://aaiil.org/text/books/mali/religionislam/religionofislam.pdf

pphhhbbbbbbbbbttttttt

anyone who comes using the word "sheeple" in their first post pretty much tells me all I need to know...

{edited to fix quote mishap}
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:24:57 AM by Flame »

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
Without a doubt, Islam is pure evil....

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme.  Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

For more...http://www.wvinter.net/~haught/Koran.html