Author Topic: 666  (Read 32580 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: 666
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2008, 08:57:33 AM »
I am the owner.  or I am one of them.

Okay. Thanks. I will assume that you speak for all the owners of CC and that all are in agreement that CCers, like CUers, are delicate people who must be shielded from certain points of view.

I will be at the NU if anyone would like to continue discussing some of the points I brought up in this thread.

Goodbye.

:greet:

Boo hoo!  Boo hoo!  You guys were mean to me!

Hey, sonny boy, don't ket the door hit you in the ass.  You can PM Rebel to nuke your account if this was really an opus.  And if you post again, what little credibility you had will be gone.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »

Hey, sonny boy, don't ket the door hit you in the ass.  You can PM Rebel to nuke your account if this was really an opus.  And if you post again, what little credibility you had will be gone.

Yeah we can go to NU where the rest of his atheist buddies can ambush us with the same innane blabber that he's tried unsuccessfully to spout here.

There's about three or four others there than he can fall back on for back up over there.

Here he doesn't have SDJ...Christopher and others to rah rah him on this subject.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »
Yeah we can go to NU where the rest of his atheist buddies can ambush us with the same innane blabber that he's tried unsuccessfully to spout here.

There's about three or four others there than he can fall back on for back up over there.

Here he doesn't have SDJ...Christopher and others to rah rah him on this subject.

I'm not running away. I'm following the rules. If I'm not allowed to express my point of view, then I have no way to engage in a debate. It is that simple.

If I were the type of person who needs a cheering section, would I have come here? I mean... honestly. Look at my BS rating. I really don't mind being the lone liberal. In fact, I rather like it.

Explain the Shroud of Turin then.

I would be happy to discuss the Shroud of Turin, but Wretched Excess has decided that you need to be protected from what I have to say.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:10:36 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »

I see no need for me to be dramatic about leaving. All I'm saying is that I have no interest in participating under WE's CU style of administration.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »

I'm not running away. I'm following the rules. If I'm not allowed to express my point of view, then I have no way to engage in a debate. It is that simple.

If I were the type of person who needs a cheering section, would I have come here? I mean... honestly. Look at my BS rating. I really don't mind being the lone liberal. In fact, I rather like it.

Explain the Shroud of Turin then.

I would be happy to discuss the Shroud of Turin, but Wretched Excess has decided that you need to be protected from what I have to say.

Thought you made the decision to run back to the safety of NU?

Can't you stand by ONE thing you ever say?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
Thought you made the decision to run back to the safety of NU?

Can't you stand by ONE thing you ever say?

Correct. I will be at NU from here on out. I just don't want to give the impression that I'm running away from a debate.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
Correct. I will be at NU from here on out. I just don't want to give the impression that I'm running away from a debate.

Yes heaven forbid you actually admit to what you are doing when you can so easily pass the buck for your departure onto others.

:whatever:

You made the choice...no one else.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »

You made the choice...no one else.

Nonsense. WE laid down the law. If I'm not allowed to express my point of view, then there isn't much point in me being here.

Anyway, you should probably update the thread which cites my presence here as proof that CC is not an echo chamber.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »

this is getting annoying, TNO.

I am not willing to discuss whether or not God exists.  He does.  I say so.  and on this board, that is good enough.

I am ready to discuss the nuances of religion, and I look forward to you continuing your relationship with
our website along those lines.

So do we now call you Gator Jr?
No other POV but your own?

In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

Don't be obtuse.  You know exactly what he means.  ESPECIALLY where the actions of TNO are concerned.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2008, 02:46:24 PM »

Don't be obtuse.  You know exactly what he means.  ESPECIALLY where the actions of TNO are concerned.
No my dear...I don't know exactly what he means...

I'd say TNO can be an anoying little shit...But he does have a right to believe and say what he wants{unless the board is gonna become CU lite(with all the bullshit that goes with that)I thought this board was gonna be what CU isn't}

In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
No my dear...I don't know exactly what he means...[/quote}

:-)

]I'd say TNO can be an anoying little shit...But he does have a right to believe and say what he wants{unless the board is gonna become CU lite(with all the bullshit that goes with that)I thought this board was gonna be what CU isn't}

And it is IMHO.  But still TNO has no right or expectation to play the victim card when he KNOWINGLY comes to a Conservative board...tries to spew his Libtard crap and gets smacked for it.

He was perfectly happy to poke fun at Christians and demean religion as a whole until someone stood up to him and said enough.

Then all he wanted to do is cry about how mean and intolerant we are.

WE and others would have been perfectly happy to discuss religon with him...except that isn't what he REALLY wanted to do.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:13:56 PM by TheSarge »

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »
I say let the Owlish one stay. I just joined this conversation and I have put forth some questions I would like answered. Besides, God has made me more than capable of defending the faith and belief He has instilled in my heart.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2008, 06:53:01 PM »
I say let the Owlish one stay. I just joined this conversation and I have put forth some questions I would like answered. Besides, God has made me more than capable of defending the faith and belief He has instilled in my heart.

The problem is...is that TNO won't answer the questions.  He never does.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2008, 06:13:30 AM »

The problem is...is that TNO won't answer the questions.  He never does.
Yup.  He just tells you what he didn't tell you.
He's just a troll.  I seriously doubt he will be able to keep himself away for long.  Hi TNO   :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2008, 09:56:02 AM »
Okay... WE and I worked out a compromise in which I am free to start topics with an atheistic bent as long as I avoid injecting an atheistic perspective into topics started by others. That way, anyone who wants to avoid reading my take on religious matters can do so. I think that policy is pretty fair.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »
Okay... WE and I worked out a compromise in which I am free to start topics with an atheistic bent as long as I avoid injecting an atheistic perspective into topics started by others. That way, anyone who wants to avoid reading my take on religious matters can do so. I think that policy is pretty fair.
*snip*  I will be at NU from here on out. *snip*
Yeah, I'm just shocked that you're back.   :whatever:

Nah. I decided to stop participating at CC because the owner has issued a decree prohibiting members from voicing an atheistic point of view. I posted a link to CC because I figure that some people here might like it.
Sound familiar?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:27:08 PM by lug-nut »