Author Topic: Motorcycles  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Dblhaul

Motorcycles
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »
Anyone here ride? I have a 85 Harley FXWG.. one of the first Evos, one of the last kickers.

I dont care about what make you ride, as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters in the end.

So, if you ride, let me know and tell me about your bike!

Offline catsmtrods

Re: Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 05:48:41 AM »
Are you kidding me! First your a fly fishermen who likes bamboo and wants to learn to make rods, a conservitive and now this! I need to see a picture, you might be my long lost twin?

Here's my 1985 FXWG!

"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
I ride a 2003 Honda 919, purchased new. Can't post a pic at this time, but a simple Google search will put a pic up for you. It's not a sport bike, it definitely is not a cruiser, and it's not a crotch rocket. It's a naked bike.  :hyper:

I can't put but 200 miles on that thing at a time. The wind just beats the hell out of me.

Been looking at and drooling over the Honda Gold Wing. I see one of those in my future. Mrs E wants to take a nap on the back of one of those.  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »
First bike was a 69 Suzuki TS 250. Next a 72 Honda 750. After that an 83 Yammy XJ 900 RK. The Yamaha was by far the best of the bunch.

Now I want a Honda CBR 1100XX ......................... :yahoo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR1100XX
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
My next bike is gonna be a Honda Gold Wing. I'm tired of getting beat up by the wind, and I'm old enough not to get wrapped up in the twisties. Yeah, I'm slowin' down.......

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »
My next bike is gonna be a Honda Gold Wing. I'm tired of getting beat up by the wind, and I'm old enough not to get wrapped up in the twisties. Yeah, I'm slowin' down.......
My Shadow had a similar drive-train to the GoldWing.  Those shaft-drive motorcycles are soooo smooth.  You can't beat them.  Follow the maintenance schedule for the rear differential and it will run like silk.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »
My Shadow had a similar drive-train to the GoldWing.  Those shaft-drive motorcycles are soooo smooth.  You can't beat them.  Follow the maintenance schedule for the rear differential and it will run like silk.

I've got 13K on my 919 and I'm on the 2nd chain. I haven't yet had to adjust it, so it's holding steady. Chains are a PITA -- I'm not sure what's involved with changing out the differential lubricant, but I'm all for it. Shaft drives are heavy, but hell, that's where I'm headed. The Gold Wing tops out at over 800 lbs.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »
I've got 13K on my 919 and I'm on the 2nd chain. I haven't yet had to adjust it, so it's holding steady. Chains are a PITA -- I'm not sure what's involved with changing out the differential lubricant, but I'm all for it. Shaft drives are heavy, but hell, that's where I'm headed. The Gold Wing tops out at over 800 lbs.
The 700cc Shadow I had was over 500 lbs., but I had just traded in a 300-lb. dirtbike for it.  Chains are a PITA if you do trail bikes with a lot of hard take-offs.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 11:37:57 PM »
forgot about this thread..   sorry. Nice bikes all!  http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc203/Dblhaul2/Imgp0058.jpg