Author Topic: This is what's killing jobs in the US.  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Kryder

• Probationary (Probie)
This is what's killing jobs in the US.
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
Here's the link to the snippet of the 60 minutes cover on outsourcing capital overseas. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7360932n

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, but whoever talks about fixing this, will win my vote.  And yes, Obama was dead against bringing back this money and taxing it only 5%.   :banghead:

Offline Belle

Re: This is what's killing jobs in the US.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 01:16:40 AM »
Another job killer (my opinion), the Pacific trade agreement  just passed a "procedural hurdle" (vote to end debate on the bill).  The majority R libs passed it, & more than a dozen D's joined in; once again, handing O a victory for a lousy plan. To make it sweeter for the Dems, McConnell tacked on an extension of the Export-Import Bank. 

Ya'll remember Ross Perot, the Clinton plant to siphon off votes to secure Bill's win?  One thing he said about NAFTA came true....the sucking sound of jobs leaving America. 

Here's McConnell patting himself on the back:   "It was a nice victory. We're going to continue and finish up the bill this week."  Then it'll go to the House, where Boehner is also grinning, rubbing his hands for an expectant victory.

Since McConnell got the Senate leadership he's on a roll.  You wish we had gridlock, because he's passing all of O's agenda...eg. Debt ceiling raised, fully funded DHS which included O's executive amnesty.  It appears the outcome is the same.  Harry Reid trashed bills so as to prevent them coming to a vote & saving Obama any risk of using his veto pen.  McConnell is letting the bills come to a vote & passing whatever O wants.  That's how I see it.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150522/us--congress_rdp-95d5f0f787.html

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:41:52 AM »
Unions are the worst at killing jobs.
But you probably already know that.
In the town where I live there is a large factory that used to employ thousands of factory workers building name brand appliances.
The company was looking for ways to reduce costs in a workforce that was well trained, well educated and had a very low rejection rate.
The jobs there were outsourced to Mexico in phases until none were left except a few warehouse types.
What they found was, the Mexican workers were not well trained, were not well educated, and their rejection rate skyrocketed.
The costs of the high rejection rates all but offset the savings on labor.
What American workforces need to do to remain competitive is to market themselves in such a way as to highlight such advantages.
Then they must concentrate on their strengths of training, education, and quality.
In no case should they listen to the siren's song of the unions.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Belle

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 12:55:47 PM »
Yes, true, about the Unions.  They once served a noble purpose, but no more.  Kudos to the States that have enacted right-to-work laws. But Unions, like any other liberal entity, will fight back. 
Especially public unions, who, through their dues, siphon money back to the Dems.  Gotta keep the money train going.

Back to the disastrous TPP bill, ya know, the one the liberals, most of them R's, lined up right behind O to push it through the Senate.  Orrin Hatch, drunk on power & bowing to lobbyists representing big biz, voted yes.  2 other liberals  (Manchin & Warren) made a show for transparency.  Orrin objected.  But he also added "...“I don’t know fully what’s in T.P.P. myself."
Barbara Boxer "Secrecy is no good." Such political theatre!!!  Secrecy was good when Obamacare was crafted behind closed doors & passed on Christmas eve. 

Do they think we're that stupid?  Yes, they do. 

Ya'll shouldn't need any further proof that we are living in a 1 party system.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/21/sen-hatch-defends-obamatrade-shuts-down-push-for-transparency/