Author Topic: Green Bay 42, Seattle 20  (Read 10100 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Green Bay 42, Seattle 20
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 12:24:59 AM »
OMG!  screw football.  how is your dad?

He's fine, been there for about a week and a half. They keep putting his surgery off. He had a 100.9, then a 102 degree fever. Now his surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. He's wanting the hell out of there. Has Dialysis tomorrow morning and wants out of there by 12PM Central. ....so he can watch the Giants beat the Cowgirls.  :-)

By the way, we're both Saints fans first.

no, my dad is.

I am a packers fan first.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 01:05:36 PM »
Prayers for your dad....and that Packers win was sweet. I was cryin' in my tea with it 14 zip afetr 5 minutes of play but they came back and played a solid game. :cheersmate:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 08:08:21 AM »
OMG!  screw football.  how is your dad?

He's fine, been there for about a week and a half. They keep putting his surgery off. He had a 100.9, then a 102 degree fever. Now his surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. He's wanting the hell out of there. Has Dialysis tomorrow morning and wants out of there by 12PM Central. ....so he can watch the Giants beat the Cowgirls.  :-)

By the way, we're both Saints fans first.

Prayers for your Dad, Rebel.  I'm glad he got to see the Gnats whup the Pokes yesterday to lift his spirits before the surgery.

Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
The day was perfect...the sissy boys from Dallas got beat. In the first half the Cowbores were high fiving each other after every play, show boating after every tackle....they lost. It couldn't have happen to a nicer bunch of gang mem...... er players. :lmao:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
The day was perfect...the sissy boys from Dallas got beat. In the first half the Cowbores were high fiving each other after every play, show boating after every tackle....they lost. It couldn't have happen to a nicer bunch of gang mem...... er players. :lmao:

Even though I despise the Gints, any day the cowpokes lose is a good day on earth :)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
Hey folks... big time Seahawks fan here,  :thatsright:

1- Congrats to the Packers who played a great game. (fought for 60 minutes and the better team won)

2- Don't feel bad for most Seattle fans. I've been a life long fan (I'm 4 years older than the Seahawks) and have seen enough 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 seasons for three lifetimes.  :-) (us lifers are very pleased w/the last 5 years)

3- Go GB!! (all the way to SB Champs!)

4- Thank you  :bow: thank you  :bow: Giants for making a Dallas/NE superbowl impossible. I'd have gone crazy booing for both sides and may have skipped the show all together. (not that magic Favre woulden't have won vs the Cowgirls but it's a weight off)

5- Good luck chargers. (you really, really, really need it, LOL)

Love the playoffs. Love football! Still love my Seahawks, heh heh. (It's nice to be thinking about the draft in January rather than the more usual, for Seattle, November)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »

1- Congrats to the Packers who played a great game. (fought for 60 minutes and the better team won)

2- Don't feel bad for most Seattle fans. I've been a life long fan (I'm 4 years older than the Seahawks) and have seen enough 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 seasons for three lifetimes.  :-) (us lifers are very pleased w/the last 5 years)

4- Thank you  :bow: thank you  :bow: Giants for making a Dallas/NE superbowl impossible. I'd have gone crazy booing for both sides and may have skipped the show all together. (not that magic Favre woulden't have won vs the Cowgirls but it's a weight off)

Love the playoffs. Love football! Still love my Seahawks, heh heh. (It's nice to be thinking about the draft in January rather than the more usual, for Seattle, November)
Keep the faith, RS.  Holmgren does know how to coach a winner, you just need a few more pieces of the puzzle.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »

Keep the faith, RS.  Holmgren does know how to coach a winner, you just need a few more pieces of the puzzle.

A healthy Marcus Tubbs (DT, IR'd in the preseason)
A good TE (who can catch)
One great, or two better than average guys for the OL (3 outta 5 aint bad, lol)

I think were there. Some depth at key spots from the draft and retaining out key FA's is a must but overall, I'm a happy camper.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826