Author Topic: Zucchini Maui Bread  (Read 10328 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Zucchini Maui Bread
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »
This recipe will make 2 loaves of a standard loaf pan size.  If one is using mini loaf pans, it will make five mini loaves.

Zucchini Maui Bread

Ingredients

1 cup oil (I used canola oil)
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup crushed pineapple (not drained completely)
2 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup chopped pecans

Blend the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract, well.  Add the grated zucchini and the crushed pineapple.  In a large bowl, mix the baking soda, floursalt, cinnamon, and allspice.  Once this is mixed well, add this to the zucchini mix.  Flour the raisins and pecans, then add to the mix, and mix well.  Pour into greased and floured  bread pans and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or until tested as done.

I just had a piece of this.  I'm having at least another piece.  My wife had one, and she'll probably nail half the loaf in the next ten minutes. :naughty:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Dblhaul

Re: Zucchini Maui Bread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:54:33 PM »
My neighbor knocked, asked if I had a ladder he could borrow. They were locked out of their house.

I helped them out, and as I was walking away they asked if I liked Zuccini, not knowing any better I said yes.

They smiled and asked me to wait a second while they got something to repay my kindness. They came back with 4 nice sized Zuccinies, I was pleased and said thank you. I failed to notice the evil grin upon their faces.

Since then, I have had to make sure the doors on my truck are locked, I dont leave any windows open, the garage door is always secured and shades closed. I give no indication that I am home and never ever answer the door bell.

It appears that when folks get an over abundence of Zuccini they will do anything to give it away!

I'm sure it will end soon, breads will be made, slices will be fried, salads will be eaten.

Till then, I apprecate the recipie! Thanks BSS!