Author Topic: nadin is ready to work the streets.  (Read 2576 times)

Offline JakeStyle

Re: nadin is ready to work the streets.
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 06:08:19 AM »

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:12 PM
Response to Reply #25
28. The internets were essential

In Wisconsin and Tahrir square, just saying.

JuniperLea Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:14 PM
Response to Reply #28
33. True...

But there weren't very many DUers in WI or Tahrir Square.

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:16 PM
Response to Reply #33
37. But we could give direct support

Ryan's Pizza comes to mind, and follow my sig.

JuniperLea Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:27 PM
Response to Reply #37
59. And they passed that bill anyway, right?

But Ryan's Pizza made out good.

:lmao:

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:31 PM
Response to Reply #59
65. Be a cynic, but this is not a race, rather a marathon

this is the beginning of a new worker's right movement. Tell me, how long did it take unions to become legal?

The real push started in the 1880s.

How long did it take for women to gain the vote? Started in the 1870s.

How long did it take for slavery to come to an end? The earliest resistance started way back in the 1710s with the Quaker communities.

See a pattern here?

I could use Foreign history examples as well, but why bother?

Here we go with the patterns.

JuniperLea Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:49 PM
Response to Reply #65
98. Oh, I see a pattern alrighty!

And I've been to many a march and protest and silent vigil... what I don't get is... why are you advocating taking to the street at this particular point in time?

Yes, I am cynical. It's a gift. It keeps me from sliding down the slippery slope into the vast OMG protests over nothing.

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:53 PM
Response to Reply #98
108. Because this is as good a moment as any

the population is getting radicalized. IT is a process... but right now, people need to protest the deal making in DC, PERIOD. No, it will not succeed... so? Keep at it. The people at Haymarket died...

We have the pattern, the process now all we need is the rhythm.

MineralMan Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 08:50 PM
Response to Reply #37
222. That was Ian's Pizza, not Ryan's Pizza.   Updated at 3:59 PM

There is no Ryan's Pizza in Madison. Lots of us bought pizza for the protesters. I remember the name well. They got some of my money and fed some protesters. I could never forget their name. Truly.

:lmao:  Nutcase Nadin and her accuracy problem again.  Ryan, Ian, teapot dome, seat in...whatever it's the pattern and rhythm that counts.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 06:32:17 AM »
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Jul-19-11 04:12 PM
Response to Reply #25
28. The internets were essential

In Wisconsin and Tahrir square, just saying.

The head muslim is trying to get his cronies to pass a bill that would give the president power to take control of the Internet.

The good little Marxist would stifle any rebellion.

These liberal have no idea of the capabilities of their fearless leader.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »
A bunch of freeloaders hitting the streets to demand the govt give them even more.

Bingo--only problem is, she has no idea what a cesspool California has become.  Frankly, I've never understood how someone as moonbatshitcrazy as nadin can actually function in San Diego, which is a pretty conservative city overall. 

Nadin, dearest--who's paying for the free shit you want when the tax base has up and left?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
Lemme know which day you progs intend to "take to the streets", Nadin. I'll take the truck that day.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »
I think I see a trend in this pattern, and it's nearing a tipping point. We are crossing the Ruricon, and throwing down the gauntlet.
But we're beginning this revolution with a tiddy-bity of trepidation, because our crack historian gets confused between the Profumo affair and Watergate, thinks Teapot Dome is three separate words, and believes all these scandals are somehow related to the Sherman Antitrust Act, which she puts in the wrong century.

I don't know, it all seems so messy and dangerous, just so a deadbeat in San Diego can hop through a broken display window and score a new TV.

Offline jukin

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »
I wouldn't touch nadaindabrain with a gay DUche's (BIRM) dick.

Oh, she's talking about something els, my mistake.  However, I stand by my statement.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »
Lemme know which day you progs intend to "take to the streets", Nadin. I'll take the truck that day.

Or the bulldozer.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
Dude, you're forgetting the classic DUmmie formula:

1) take to the streets
2) ???
3) teh winnah!

Offline Paul Heinzman

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
A Seat Inn is a local motel chain that was established by the Sherman Antitrust Act.
Free canned milk with the continental breakfast, to avoid parenteral radiation.
I was readying about it at the DUmp. Trust me, I know.

So it's like a bed and breakfast, but instead of a bed you get a seat?

Sounds like there's money to be made in this.  :rotf:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
So it's like a bed and breakfast, but instead of a bed you get a seat?

Sounds like there's money to be made in this.  :rotf:

Anyone can do this.  Wheels within wheels, corporatist tricks.  Trust me.

:popcorn:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
Anyone can do this.  Wheels within wheels, corporatist tricks.  Trust me.

:popcorn:

You forgot one line:

It's all in the script . . . :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 02:46:24 PM »
Thought she lived in another country.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
Thought she lived in another country.

Another country, I don't think so; another reality, for sure.

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 02:55:22 PM »
Another country, I don't think so; another reality, for sure.

Maybe I got her mixed up with someone else, but I thought for sure she lived across the pond in Europe.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
I believe her vague and hard-to-nail-down biographical commentary indicate she did at one time, including Mexico and perhaps the Mid-East and Europe, but these days she is all ours.

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
She sure knows everything.  She must have ten doctorate degrees, plus.  The Dump is so lucky to have her to tell them how it is and what to do.  lol. 

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »
I believe her vague and hard-to-nail-down biographical commentary indicate she did at one time, including Mexico and perhaps the Mid-East and Europe, but these days she is all ours.

No, she belongs to California.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
Didn't she say, or insinuate, at one time she's Egyptian?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
Didn't she say, or insinuate, at one time she's Egyptian?

I think she was just posting about Egypt ad nauseum, so you may have gotten that impression.

Hell, maybe she is....I don't care.  She's just annoying as hell.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »
MineralMan   (1000+ posts)             Tue Jul-19-11 04:04 PM
Response to Original message
6. How long until YOU take to the streets, nadin?   

Post when you get there and let me know who else shows up, OK?
He gets my vote for MVP. :rotf: :rotf:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
He gets my vote for MVP. :rotf: :rotf:

Shouldn't that be MVD?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »
I think she is a refugee from one of the communist block countries. A Czechoslovakian maybe?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
I can't believe that none of the hippie wannabes didn't mention Gil Scott Heron's "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised". Sheesh Buncha DUmmies.

[youtube=425,350]BS3QOtbW4m0[/youtube]
That must be 40-50 years old. Pretty long wait for a revolution. All the revolting types musta had to go get jobs and move out of mom's house. If revolution couldn't happen in the 60s...why would anyone expect it to happen now?

as for not being televised...cell phones alone will wipe out that prophecy.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2011, 05:57:34 PM »
That must be 40-50 years old. Pretty long wait for a revolution. All the revolting types musta had to go get jobs and move out of mom's house. If revolution couldn't happen in the 60s...why would anyone expect it to happen now?

as for not being televised...cell phones alone will wipe out that prophecy.

They're stuck in the 60's. Even those born in the 80's.