Author Topic: Card Games  (Read 6793 times)

Offline Karin

Card Games
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
I had a little time to kill this past weekend, so I casually looked at some of games that came with my PC.  I taught myself Hearts, having never learned it as a kid.  Well, I became addicted and unfortunately wasted much time.  Oh well.

Let me tell you, that game is vicious.  I must never play it with real people, because I was swearing like a sailor.  If I had been playing with real people, I'd say "F&*# You, you  B&^ch C**t Ass&#$%!!!!!!!!! if someone heaped the dreaded Queen of spades on me. 

So, I renamed the North, East, and West into names of DUmmies.  Currently, I'm playing against Taverner, DainBramaged, and Stinky the Clown.  I get a nice thrill when I dump the Q of S on one of them.   :-)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Card Games
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
Computer card games are the work of Satan.  :censored:  Hours of my life have disappeared in pixel form.  :-)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »
Computer card games are the work of Satan.  :censored:  Hours of my life have disappeared in pixel form.  :-)

Freecell is the debil.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
I renamed mine Harpo, Chico and Groucho.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »
I renamed mine Harpo, Chico and Groucho.

Canasta is a top game for me on POGO, then Gin that drives me nuts.    I do play Pinochle from time to time  and Spades until I was told that that card game was played in prisons and Methodone clinics.   So what I thought, until after 6 months I had only won 3 games.

Lots of games on Pogo, I enjoy the Mystery games, hunt and search and then for a fun time the Wild card Poker.   

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
I had a little time to kill this past weekend, so I casually looked at some of games that came with my PC.  I taught myself Hearts, having never learned it as a kid.  Well, I became addicted and unfortunately wasted much time.  Oh well.

Let me tell you, that game is vicious.  I must never play it with real people, because I was swearing like a sailor.  If I had been playing with real people, I'd say "F&*# You, you  B&^ch C**t Ass&#$%!!!!!!!!! if someone heaped the dreaded Queen of spades on me. 

So, I renamed the North, East, and West into names of DUmmies.  Currently, I'm playing against Taverner, DainBramaged, and Stinky the Clown.  I get a nice thrill when I dump the Q of S on one of them.   :-)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's quite funny.  Computer "Hearts" seems much more vicious than in real life.  I don't know if it really is, because I've played with friends whose asses I wanted to kick.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 12:16:45 PM »
I won yesterday, but only by shooting the moon, twice.  I'll bet you wanted to kick some asses, Ralph!  I'd be throwing shit, tossing drinks into faces, stomping out and making permanent enemies. 

Iassa...I LOVE Freecell! 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »
On the bus heading to band gigs, I've played a boatload of Pinochle (double-deck, thanks -- that single-deck stuff is crap) and Hearts.

One twist with Hearts. Instead of only the Q of S being the baddie at 13 points, go ahead and play the game with ALL FOUR of the queens being bitch baddies. Except the Queen of Hearts -- that bitch is worth 14 points because she's both a Queen and a Heart.

Point score 65 points per hand. It makes shootin' the moon so much harder and richer when you pull it off.

Oh, you still get to pass 3 cards 3 times, then hold once.  :evillaugh:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:45 AM »
Eupher, my head would explode if I played it that way with real people.  At the very least, I would be facing a murder rap.

I enjoy saying, when I can, "Oh.  I'm so sorry Stinky.  I don't have a club.  I have something else black for you though.  She's a bitch, just like your first lady." 

(I'm alone in the room.   :-))

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
Eupher, my head would explode if I played it that way with real people.  At the very least, I would be facing a murder rap.

I enjoy saying, when I can, "Oh.  I'm so sorry Stinky.  I don't have a club.  I have something else black for you though.  She's a bitch, just like your first lady." 

(I'm alone in the room.   :-))

You're having WAY too much fun with this Karin. :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »
Eupher, my head would explode if I played it that way with real people.  At the very least, I would be facing a murder rap.

I enjoy saying, when I can, "Oh.  I'm so sorry Stinky.  I don't have a club.  I have something else black for you though.  She's a bitch, just like your first lady."  

(I'm alone in the room.   :-))

Reminds me of my mother when she and my Dad would play Pinochle with my aunt and uncle.

My Mom and my Dad were formidable players. They did the Vulcan mind meld thing and intuitively knew what strengths they had individually and collectively. They kicked a lot of ass along the way.

My uncle was pretty clueless and drank a lot while playing, so he'd miss a few things.

One evening my mother erupted:

"CLAUDE! YOU DIRTY RENEGGER!!!!!!!"

:rotf:

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 03:15:02 PM »
Anybody remember Euchre?  That needs a partner, too, and I had a good Vulcan mindmeld with a BF. I loved that game, played a ton of it in college.  I don't see it around anymore. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
Anybody remember Euchre?  That needs a partner, too, and I had a good Vulcan mindmeld with a BF. I loved that game, played a ton of it in college.  I don't see it around anymore. 

http://uk.games.yahoo.com/online-games/card/games_euchre.html

Offline rustybayonet

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
On the bus heading to band gigs, I've played a boatload of Pinochle (double-deck, thanks -- that single-deck stuff is crap) and Hearts.
  :evillaugh:

Eupher -  must be a service thing...Double Deck 'cut throat' pinochle is the only way to fly.  Penny a point .25-.50 cents a set - $1.00 - $5.00 per game.  Played way to much of that or Hearts, Poker, Euchre and even some bridge while in the service.  Cribbage was also popular - but everything was for $$.
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery - today is a gift- that's why it's called the "present"

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
Eupher -  must be a service thing...Double Deck 'cut throat' pinochle is the only way to fly.  Penny a point .25-.50 cents a set - $1.00 - $5.00 per game.  Played way to much of that or Hearts, Poker, Euchre and even some bridge while in the service.  Cribbage was also popular - but everything was for $$.

I never played cutthroat Pinochle (with 3 players), only 4. Counting trump was tougher, but you had more meld. But that's in the past -- I don't play at all any more.  :bawl:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Texas Hold Em, and nuttin else... :hyper:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
Pyramid Solitaire on HP games is my downfall for card games.

4 person Scrabble on Pogo.

Hidden Objects on HP is also bad for me.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.