Author Topic: Stinky with another CC shoutout  (Read 8024 times)

Offline JakeStyle

Stinky with another CC shoutout
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:51:01 PM »
Home » Discuss » Ask the Administrators    Donate to DU
Stinky The Clown Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-07-11 01:33 AM
Original message
There was another episode of one of our members having a thread locked for . . . .

. . . . . nothing more than defending himself from an attack by some lowlife mother****ers who live to piss off DUers.

A word to them first, if I may: Being deaf is no excuse for being a lowlife ****ing asshole. The two conditions are unrelated.

Many of us here have been harassed by these ****wads. Mac is but the latest "primitive" to be cut off at the knees when trying to go back at these MOTHER****ERS.

If you're going to persist in allowing them to do what they do but prevent us from saying what we wish, why not at least try to get rid of their local alter egos? We can all be grownups and ignore them over in their cave or not as we choose, but you could do your part and smoke out their trolls. You know they exist. They brag about them. You guys have slammed a few DUers on outta here. How about smoking out the roaches from beneath the floorboards? That might make activity such as the recent thread lockings, one by EarlG himself, more tolerable.
Refresh | 0 Recommendations    

Skinner ADMIN Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-07-11 11:34 AM
Response to Original message
1. Allow me to explain.

As far as I know, there at least a half-dozen discussion forums on the Internet which are exclusively dedicated to whining about Democratic Underground and our members. Why is that? It's because DU is the best liberal discussion forum on the Internet, period.

They post their pathetic, trolly, BS over on those other websites in the hopes that they might get a hit over here on the real website. Maybe, just maybe, someone over on DU will read their lies and get upset about it and maybe even cause a ruckus over on DU.

Let me be clear: I like DUers and I don't like it when any member of this website feels like they have been disrespected -- here or elsewhere. I understand that it does not feel good.

But getting all worked up about it and getting into a board war is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. They want DUers to get angry, and they thrive on the attention. It raises them up, and it lowers DU to their level.

The worst thing that can possibly happen to any of these people is to be ignored. It's sad enough to spend your days on a website dedicated to whining about another website; even more so if you know the people on the other website aren't even paying attention.

Stinky The Clown Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-07-11 05:48 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Make a concerted effort to bust their trolls

Surely there's a way to at least get clues as to who they are.

I suspect many of us have some ideas about who they are.
He seems to be quite upset

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Stinky with another CC shoutout
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »
Oh my.

One wonders what campfire that was, and who the lowlife is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »
Don't some moles have thousands of posts?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
But getting all worked up about it and getting into a board war is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. They want DUers to get angry.

Yeah.

You go, Skins!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »
Of course, when he's done changing the cat litter and whatever other house-elf chores sparkly has for him, he could always "defend" himself over here...

:lmao:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
They want DUers to get angry

Well, that mission was accomplished before you ever opened up the forum, Skins. When are DUmmies ever not angry? That is 99.9% of your problem.

Meditate...eat a hamburger. Relax.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
And for the record - miskie - still never pizza'd by DU.  :rofl:

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:02:53 PM »
Oh my.

One wonders what campfire that was, and who the lowlife is.
This one I think
Looks like he saw the thread about the .50 cal fire over here and wanted to bitch about us.  It always amazes me when a long time DUmmie acts all surprised and butt-hurt when they have a OP disappeared, haven't they been paying attention?

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-07-11 12:26 AM
Original message
So, I cannot mention the R/W site that has so offended me per DU Admin.   Updated at 12:07 AM

WTF? I'm out of here.

DU loses: fire lookout posts, fire lookout pics, and my donation. And since my original post was removed, only a very few will go on the email list.

mac

EarlG ADMIN Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-07-11 01:05 AM
41. I'm sorry, I'm going to lock this

But first I'm going to provide an explanation to everyone who is confused.

There are a few websites out there that exist solely for the purpose of stalking, harassing and generally pissing off DU members. One of these sites has apparently gone after DemoTex and is posting lies about him. He is not the first DUer who has been treated this way and unfortunately I doubt he will be the last.

However, it is currently our policy to remove posts containing links to these sites. Since their only purpose is to troll DU and try to provoke a reaction from our members, we do not wish to give them any free publicity or advertising, or draw attention to them in any way. That is why DemoTex's previous posts were removed.

I have explained this to DemoTex via PM and I hope that our conversation can continue. In the meantime I'm going to lock this because, to reiterate, by merely having this discussion we're giving the trolls exactly what they want.

On a personal note, I'd like to echo the sentiments of the members in this thread who believe it would be very unfortunate if this incident resulted in DemoTex leaving DU permanently, and I hope he reconsiders.

Thanks for your understanding.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:16:56 PM by JakeStyle »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
Stinky The Clown Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 05:48 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Make a concerted effort to bust their trolls

Surely there's a way to at least get clues as to who they are.

I suspect many of us have some ideas about who they are.

Uh huh.

The sparkling husband primitive's on to something here, all right.

franksolich has given plenty of clues about the identity of his mole on Skins's island; all it takes is the process of elimination.

For one, franksolich when logged on to Skins's island is on a computer different from this one, in one of three other places miles apart from each other, whose real ISP numbers are non-Nebraska ISP numbers.

So Elad should cull through the rolls, and eliminate all primitives whose ISP numbers emanate from Nebraska; none of those are franksolich.

That should cut it down some.

For two, franksolich when posting on Skins's island never never never mentions Nebraska or bison or Norway or Clare Boothe Luce, as that would be a dead giveaway.

So Elad should cull through the comments, and eliminate all primitives who've ever mentioned Nebraska, bison, Norway, or Clare Boothe Luce, because those aren't franksolich.

That should cut it down some more.

For three, franksolich when commenting on Skins's island takes positions opposite of positions he honestly holds in both real life and on the internet.

So Elad should cull through the comments again, and eliminate all primitives who've had stances similar with those of franksolich, because those aren't franksolich.

That should cut it down even more.

That's the roadmap to finding franksolich.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »
Stinky :

A long time ago in the PC age - the late 90's - there was released a game by the long defunct Bullfrog called Dungeon Keeper. (And later Dungeon Keeper 2) - Anyway, I loved those games - and I still love them now. If you understand those old computer games, you will understand how I view DU.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
Shouldn't Skinner have locked this thread? How long is Skins going to let Sparkles openly flaunt his blatant rule violations? Or is Sparkles a Skinner sock used to blow of some stress for having to babysit the DUmbest of the DUmp?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
Stinky :

A long time ago in the PC age - the late 90's - there was released a game by the long defunct Bullfrog called Dungeon Keeper. (And later Dungeon Keeper 2) - Anyway, I loved those games - and I still love them now. If you understand those old computer games, you will understand how I view DU.
^5! Those were great games!
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »
Skinner ADMIN Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-07-11 11:34 AM
1. Allow me to explain.

As far as I know, there at least a half-dozen discussion forums on the Internet which are exclusively dedicated to whining about Democratic Underground and our members. Why is that? It's because DU is the best liberal discussion forum on the Internet, period.

They post their pathetic, trolly, BS over on those other websites in the hopes that they might get a hit over here on the real website. Maybe, just maybe, someone over on DU will read their lies and get upset about it and maybe even cause a ruckus over on DU.

Let me be clear: I like DUers and I don't like it when any member of this website feels like they have been disrespected -- here or elsewhere. I understand that it does not feel good.

But getting all worked up about it and getting into a board war is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. They want DUers to get angry, and they thrive on the attention. It raises them up, and it lowers DU to their level.

The worst thing that can possibly happen to any of these people is to be ignored. It's sad enough to spend your days on a website dedicated to whining about another website; even more so if you know the people on the other website aren't even paying attention.

I have no doubt you visit here David and we both know hits on DU for whatever reason is what you crave.
It is what makes you the wealthy business man your minions want to hang.

Stinky the slumlord should note that Skins only bans mention of here because it would upset his applecart too much,other then that he loves us.
Btw...no doubt he thinks you are as much an insane idiot as we know you to be.  :cheersmate:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
Quote from:
Skinner

The worst thing that can possibly happen to any of these people is to be ignored.

Skins, your whole post is inaccurate, although I understand you need to lie to your subjects to keep them in line.  But the above,.... nothing could be further from the truth.

Primitives, please ignore us.  The joy when making fun of how stupid you are  isn't dependant upon you being aware of us.  It never was.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:21:43 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
Wait, what?  Stinky the Clown to audition for the role of Torquemada in the latest production of Du, The Inqusition?  Priceless.

Burn them mole hills, burn baby burn.
 :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »
This one I think  Looks like he saw the thread about the .50 cal fire over here and wanted to bitch about us.

Oh my.

Thank you, sir.

DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:26 AM
Original message
So, I cannot mention the R/W site that has so offended me per DU Admin.

WTF? I'm out of here.

DU loses: fire lookout posts, fire lookout pics, and my donation. And since my original post was removed, only a very few will go on the email list.

Wow.  The forest ranger packed his knapsack and hiked off.

EFerrari Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:35 AM
Response to Reply #5

9. The Admins are 100% right on this one.

Those unmentionable people are like the world's stupidest stalkers and paying any attention to them at all only encourages their pathetic ravings.

The cerebrally-petrified-fossilized EFerrari accuses certain people of being "stalkers;" I dunno where she gets that idea, but no point in copying-and-pasting.

stevedeshazer Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:33 AM

7. For one, I hope you reconsider.

Don't let those cave people get your goat. They're not worth our attention or respect.

EFerrari Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:37 AM

12. Remember that these are the same mountebanks that said Andy took our money to get a face lift. You're not really going to let them decide for you,

Hmmmm.

I must have missed that, during the Scamdal, this facelift thing.

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:40 AM

16. Oh I was right

them children strike again... look they have actual dossiers on me... all the attention I give them... is exactly what they are getting right now, and only because you mentioned them.

Some primitives are confused, and so:

stevedeshazer Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:59 AM
Response to Reply #20

35. In a nutshell,

A certain right-wing website whose mention is verboten here (because mentioning it gives them clicks and ad revenue) mentioned DemoTex and questioned his credentials, which I'm sure pissed him off because he is an accomplished guy. A guy like him has a lot of pride, and he posted about said website here, which technically violates DU rules, so the admins have taken down some of his posts.

I think that is the gist of it.

Everyone here is having a bad day. I hope DT stands down; I have too much respect for him to think that he won't.

But, I don't know. I'm sure he sees his banned posts as disrespectful by the admins. Can't speak for him, though, just a guess.

These are crazy times. Everyone is on edge.

I'm kinda on the side of we are all together these days, but your mileage may vary.

Stinky The Clown Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 12:51 AM

28. I have no idea what could be so terrible, so harmful, so disgusting, that it cannot be mentioned.

Perhaps OP burnings will be next?

lonestarnot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-07-11 01:00 AM
Response to Reply #28

36. Oh suck it up.

You never had a post quashed, splashed deleted whatevered before this? Every other post of mine gets moved, ignored and all of the previous 4. Haboob.

EarlG ADMIN Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Thu Jul-07-11 01:05 AM

41. I'm sorry, I'm going to lock this

But first I'm going to provide an explanation to everyone who is confused.

There are a few websites out there that exist solely for the purpose of stalking, harassing and generally pissing off DU members. One of these sites has apparently gone after DemoTex and is posting lies about him. He is not the first DUer who has been treated this way and unfortunately I doubt he will be the last.

However, it is currently our policy to remove posts containing links to these sites. Since their only purpose is to troll DU and try to provoke a reaction from our members, we do not wish to give them any free publicity or advertising, or draw attention to them in any way. That is why DemoTex's previous posts were removed.

I have explained this to DemoTex via PM and I hope that our conversation can continue. In the meantime I'm going to lock this because, to reiterate, by merely having this discussion we're giving the trolls exactly what they want.

On a personal note, I'd like to echo the sentiments of the members in this thread who believe it would be very unfortunate if this incident resulted in DemoTex leaving DU permanently, and I hope he reconsiders.

Thanks for your understanding.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »
This one I think
Looks like he saw the thread about the .50 cal fire over here and wanted to bitch about us.  It always amazes me when a long time DUmmie acts all surprised and butt-hurt when they have a OP disappeared, haven't they been paying attention?

I didn't mention his name in the title. I said another "fake vet". How did he know who we were discussing?

I wonder if all the supposed vets at the DUmp had to run over and see if it was them that we we panning?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
I didn't mention his name in the title. I said another "fake vet". How did he know who we were discussing?

I wonder if all the supposed vets at the DUmp had to run over and see if it was them that we we panning?

You know, sir, there's something here that bothers me.

There are no obstructions, barriers, or obstacles to a primitive coming over here to defend himself, if he so feels offended.

So why didn't the forest ranger register and post here, defending himself against what he alleges were slurs?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
You know, sir, there's something here that bothers me.

There are no obstructions, barriers, or obstacles to a primitive coming over here to defend himself, if he so feels offended.

So why didn't the forest ranger register and post here, defending himself against what he alleges were slurs?

Too hard to maintain the facade when it's person to person.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 08:37:42 PM »
Too hard to maintain the facade when it's person to person.

Well, damn.

The door's always wide open to primitives who think they've been offensiv--er, offended, to come over here to defend themselves.

We're nice people here; it's not as if we're going to eat them alive or something.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
Well, damn.

The door's always wide open to primitives who think they've been offensiv--er, offended, to come over here to defend themselves.

We're nice people here; it's not as if we're going to eat them alive or something.

If they did that and in the process of defending them self, things got exposed that was in contrast of their DU persona, they couldn't go home again as lurking DUmmies would spread the news like wildfire.

In their eye, it would be better to fling poo from a distance and stay safe and keep their false bravado a secret..

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »
Quote from:
Stinky The Clown

If you're going to persist in allowing them to do what they do but prevent us from saying what we wish,...

hubs, figure it out, son.  Skin's island is a microcosm of what life would be like in a USA ruled by those like you. You're only permitted to say what the authority figure (Skins) has decided you can say.  Why are you questioning the very individual who's giving you the world you ultimately want?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »
If they did that and in the process of defending them self, things got exposed that was in contrast of their DU persona, they couldn't go home again as lurking DUmmies would spread the news like wildfire.

In their eye, it would be better to fling poo from a distance and stay safe and keep their false bravado a secret..

Well, granted, that's the sort of behavior one would expect from an average primitive.

But one expects a different sort of behavior from a guy who flew an unwinged airplane in Vietnam, damn it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:53 PM »
Stinky :

H5, fellow Dungeon Keeper.   :cheersmate:

Also,  Systematic Chaos (gigantic primitive)= Bile Demon. :fuelfire:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:05:23 PM by BattleHymn »

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »
Smelly cat is becoming more effeminate each time he posts.  Recently he posted in AKA crying about SDuderstat's use of the word DUDE.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=437x3418

Did Sparkly have him neutered recently?