Author Topic: Shout box  (Read 13603 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Shout box
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
Kill the shout box...too many people are using it instead of posting in the regular forums..IMHO  :tongue:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Shout box
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
Kill the shout box...too many people are using it instead of posting in the regular forums..IMHO  :tongue:

But that's a good thing, not a bad thing. /Parcells
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jendf

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
I would tend to agree with Bondai. It's difficult to follow sometimes because it is going so fast. I think it would encourage more participation in the forums.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »
I don't use it.  I guess I am "old school."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »
Folks, it IS possible to hide the Shoutbox if you don't want to see it.   

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »
Folks, it IS possible to hide the Shoutbox if you don't want to see it.   

Bin.Go. It's just an added feature. Some people use it, some don't. Those that don't, and don't want to see it, can minimize it in the top right. If it's going too fast, you can disable refresh until you catch up. I do this a lot. It's also new to a lot of people since only a chosen few had access at CU. The newness might wear off in a while, but it still serves a purpose. ...like at 2AM when people are drunk and just want to talk shit.  :-)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:57:09 PM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »
Ich liebe der ShoutenBoxen!!!  :admin:

:catfight:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 05:14:17 PM »
I like it because it is different than posting in the forums. It allows for more chit-chat, and you can get to know people a little better.... :drunksailor:

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »
Ich liebe der ShoutenBoxen!!!  :admin:

:catfight:

Ich verstehe dich nicht!!!  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson