Author Topic: Asia pollution blamed for halt in warming: study  (Read 5033 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Asia pollution blamed for halt in warming: study
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:30:03 PM »
Smoke belching from Asia's rapidly growing economies is largely responsible for a halt in global warming in the decade after 1998 because of sulphur's cooling effect, even though greenhouse gas emissions soared, a U.S. study said on Monday.

The paper raised the prospect of more rapid, pent-up climate change when emerging economies eventually crack down on pollution.

World temperatures did not rise from 1998 to 2008, while manmade emissions of carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuel grew by nearly a third, various data show.  ...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/04/us-climate-sulphur-idUSTRE7634IQ20110704

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Asia pollution blamed for halt in warming: study
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
Let me guess: the only solution is to surrender ourselves to a small, unelected cliqued of self-accrediting experts who--for our own necessity--will be beyond scrutiny and immune from all liabilities or shared hardships

Am I close?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »
Let me guess: the only solution is to surrender ourselves to a small, unelected cliqued of self-accrediting experts who--for our own necessity--will be beyond scrutiny and immune from all liabilities or shared hardships

Am I close?

I'll take "belching" for $200, Alex.

Hey, it's Reuters. What didja expect? A freakin' public acknowledgment that disinformation is the standard by which global warming is measured?  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
This sounds more like an excuse as to why "global warming" isn't happening. Do those Asian factories put out more "pollution" than all the worlds volcanoes?

Online Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »
SO Asia owes us reverse carbon credits? Will Albore cough them up?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 05:10:20 PM »
American companies pollution causes globall warming and the same Asian companies pollution fixes globall warming? Is that anything like Bizzaro Superman?
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »
American companies pollution causes globall warming and the same Asian companies pollution fixes globall warming? Is that anything like Bizzaro Superman?

From an article I found on this,
But it is thought temperatures will rise again now China is tackling air pollution by installing equipment to scrub out sulphur particles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2011297/Coal-burning-China-cools-planet.html#ixzz1RigHTHPo

So ironically tougher regulations may lead to more global warming errr climate change.

I was talking to my wife about this earlier and she said, "They really don't know what's going on".
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
From an article I found on this,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2011297/Coal-burning-China-cools-planet.html#ixzz1RigHTHPo

So ironically tougher regulations may lead to more global warming errr climate change.

I was talking to my wife about this earlier and she said, "They really don't know what's going on".

Mrs E has fallen victim to the constant, never-ending trumpeting by the MSM, publications like National Geographic, and Al Bore, as to the certainty and factual existance of glowbull warming.  :whatever:

Getting her to look at something besides those documents? Fuggedaboudit.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 12:27:51 PM »
Mrs E has fallen victim to the constant, never-ending trumpeting by the MSM, publications like National Geographic, and Al Bore, as to the certainty and factual existance of glowbull warming.  :whatever:

Getting her to look at something besides those documents? Fuggedaboudit.

What surprises me, is that algore flies all over the planet telling people how bad carbon is, yet all he has to do is plant a tree and it wipes all his sins away, and people believe him. The rest of us need to ride bikes to work and sit in the dark at home.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.