Author Topic: Are there any experts on burning DVDs  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Are there any experts on burning DVDs
« on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »
I recently downloaded a bootleg DVD from one of my favorite artists, It's not illegal since the artists is fine with people trading his concerts as long as they don't sell them or bootleg his official releases, anyway I've tried burning it onto DVD using IMG burn which usually works for me, this DVD I can not get either of my DVD players to play it. It plays fine on both computers just not on the actual DVD players.

Does anyone know of a program or a way to correct this problem?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Are there any experts on burning DVDs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
If you've got an older DVD player, I think you have to burn it using a certain format (DVD-R) since the others (DVD+RW, etc) will not work.  I'm not 100% sure on it, but I seem to remember that being the case.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Are there any experts on burning DVDs
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 10:53:21 AM »
If you've got an older DVD player, I think you have to burn it using a certain format (DVD-R) since the others (DVD+RW, etc) will not work.  I'm not 100% sure on it, but I seem to remember that being the case.

We have 2 dvd players one a couple of years old and one maybe ten years old. They both play other DVDs that I have burned in the + format.
It's supposed to be encoded for all regions. I dunno I have 5 or 6 coasters now  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.