Author Topic: View Sonic G-Tablet stuck in boot loop.  (Read 6138 times)

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
View Sonic G-Tablet stuck in boot loop.
« on: June 24, 2011, 05:29:40 AM »
I have a View Sonic G-Tablet that I am trying to sell since I have to move soon. I know it is called a "ghetto" tablet but I like. I hate to get rid of it but there ya go. Any way, it is stuck in a boot loop and until I can fix that I can't sell it, or even use it if I change my mind. I have been to xda-developers but they are upper level hackers and don't make their fixes all that clear. I keep doing what they suggest but I have to be messing up somewhere since it is still in the loop. A lot of their instructions seem to be for people who hack Androids and frankly I they seem to make a lot of assumptions about the skill level of some of the people who go to them for help.

I would go to View Sonic, but their support is non existent. In fact xda IS their de facto support.

Thanks
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: View Sonic G-Tablet stuck in boot loop.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:26 AM »
I'm sure there's a reset button on it. Have you tried that?? If so, then you're screwed.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »
I'm sure there's a reset button on it. Have you tried that?? If so, then you're screwed.

The "reset" is to hold down the + on the volume and turn it on while holding the +. But it didn't work. There are things that can be done in this situation but they put down the instructions in such a way that they assume you already know things like how to "flash" and put together a bunch of codes from zip folders and put them together right in a folder and yadda yadda yadda. They ramble on instead of putting down in step by step without extra info sort of way that I have been dealing with for years with windows.

I am used to complicated instructions of one form or another but these are hackers and engineers who are used to talking to other hackers and engineers. Sooner or later I will break the geek speak code, I was just hoping someone here could put it in a easy to digest form.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »
Is it possible that the "+" volume button is stuck ?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »
How about contacting Customer Service?? http://www.viewsonic.com/gtablet/
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »
Is it possible that the "+" volume button is stuck ?

It works, it goes to the rescue screen or what ever it is called but it just go back to the boot loop after that again.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »
How about contacting Customer Service?? http://www.viewsonic.com/gtablet/

It is a non toll free number that led to me back to xda developers in the first place. :(

Offline cave2013

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 04:19:45 AM »
I have a View Sonic G-Tablet that I am trying to sell since I have to move soon. I know it is called a "ghetto" tablet but I like. I hate to get rid of it but there ya go. Any way, it is stuck in a boot loop and until I can fix that I can't sell it, or even use it if I change my mind. I have been to xda-developers but they are upper level hackers and don't make their fixes all that clear. I keep doing what they suggest but I have to be messing up somewhere since it is still in the loop. A lot of their instructions seem to be for people who hack Androids and frankly I they seem to make a lot of assumptions about the skill level of some of the people who go to them for help.

I would go to View Sonic, but their support is non existent. In fact xda IS their de facto support.

Thanks

Why don't you check your tablet to the company of that tablet so that they ay help you a lot.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:45:40 PM by cave2013 »