Author Topic: Bone-headed Beliefs  (Read 2805 times)

Offline CG6468

Bone-headed Beliefs
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:41:39 PM »
The dangers of bone-headed beliefs
June 6, 2011

Surely it's time for climate-change deniers to have their opinions forcibly tattooed on their bodies.

Not necessarily on the forehead; I'm a reasonable man. Just something along their arm or across their chest so their grandchildren could say, ''Really? You were one of the ones who tried to stop the world doing something? And why exactly was that, granddad?''

On second thoughts, maybe the tattooing along the arm is a bit Nazi-creepy. So how about they are forced to buy property on low-lying islands, the sort of property that will become worthless with a few more centimetres of ocean rise, so they are bankrupted by their own bloody-mindedness? Or what about their signed agreement to stand, in the year 2040, lashed to a pole at a certain point in the shallows off Manly? If they are right and the world is cooling - ''climate change stopped in the year 1998'' is one of their more boneheaded beliefs - their mouths will be above water. If not …

OK, maybe the desire to see the painful, thrashing death of one's opponents is not ideal. But, my God, these people are frustrating. You just know that in 20 years' time, when the costs of our inaction are clear, the climate deniers will become climate-denial-deniers. ''Who me? Oh, no, I always believed in it. Yes, it's hard to understand why people back then were so daft. It's so much more costly to stop it now.''

That's why the tattoo has its appeal.

((snip))

Our grandparents didn't fail us, even though the challenges they faced were so much greater. So why are we in the process of failing to live up to their example?

LINK to article
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Online Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Bone-headed Beliefs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »
Gee, another koolaids drinker.

Mr. Glover STFUADIAF.*

*shut the **** up and die in a fire

Oh dear, a small inconvenient truth:   http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/01/03/global-sea-surface-temperature-continues-to-drop/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:21:26 PM by Wineslob »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 03:22:08 PM »
Richard Glover > Dick Glove(r) > Condom.  His dad should have used one.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »
I'd love to make a wager with him that I can collect in 20 years.

Does he have any cute daughters?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."