Author Topic: Pam's Preposterous Pan-Handling Plan  (Read 4487 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: Pam's Preposterous Pan-Handling Plan
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 07:45:10 PM »
greenbriar (1000+ posts)           Sun Aug-17-08 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #33
37. and there is the point!!! My name and exact building is now posted for all

it is all right here

www.wichitaeagle.com

Teacher

57,491.00 a year

IF that was all that was posted, I would not care...but My full legal name AND exact building is also there. That makes it scary

But Pam, you don't make 57K a year.   :???:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
But Pam, you don't make 57K a year.   :???:
Well, the nuts in California pay lifeguards over 100K, so the idiots in Wichita may pay an illiterate 57K to babysit for six hours a day.
I think I'd rather have one of those lifeguards teaching my kids. They're bound to be smarter than the genetically-challenged Pam Dawson.

I remember that 2008 post. It came out of the clear blue from Pam. No one at the DUmp had mentioned it. Her only purpose in making the post was to let all the unemployed, unemployable, and minimum-wage DUmpmonkeys know that she's making 57K for 180 6-hour days. It was just like the photos she used to post all the time. Every one had a fake Coach purse in the background.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
Well, the nuts in California pay lifeguards over 100K, so the idiots in Wichita may pay an illiterate 57K to babysit for six hours a day.
I think I'd rather have one of those lifeguards teaching my kids. They're bound to be smarter than the genetically-challenged Pam Dawson.

I remember that 2008 post. It came out of the clear blue from Pam. No one at the DUmp had mentioned it. Her only purpose in making the post was to let all the unemployed, unemployable, and minimum-wage DUmpmonkeys know that she's making 57K for 180 6-hour days. It was just like the photos she used to post all the time. Every one had a fake Coach purse in the background.

I just googled her for the first time, what kind of idiot uses her street name as a screen name? 

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »
I just googled her for the first time, what kind of idiot uses her street name as a screen name? 
The same kind of idiot who asks if you can phone in an advance order to the food bank.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 04:36:15 AM »

She only makes $50K though.    Unless of course she got a demotion. 

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 07:13:50 AM »
She only makes $50K though.    Unless of course she got a demotion. 

She's union. They can cut her job but they can't cut her pay.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 07:34:07 AM »

The same type that posts up photobucket pics all over the DUmp that has her real name as the user name on the account. Remember, she's a Sooper Jeanyus and all.  ::)

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 08:08:33 AM »
Hi  :)

I'm the founder of Wishadoo! and saw this thread yesterday.  I come in peace.  ;)

I'm posting here since this is where Wishadoo! is mentioned, though I think there is at least one older thread where it's been dissed.

Trust me, I get it.  The initial reaction to Wishadoo can be nauseated and off-putting to people of all political and ideological stripes, not just conservatives.  In my experience, nearly anything that attempts to be positive and GET SOMETHING DONE, rather than just bitch and moan, is a rarity online.  I love the Internet, but most messageboards I'm familiar with have devolved into a cesspool of whining and dissing other messageboards.  That's the case across the political spectrum.

I wrote the board admin yesterday, asking if it would be okay if I join; I've copied and pasted what I wrote, as a means of introduction here:

"I grew up with a father (whom I adore, now passed) whose idol was Archie Bunker, so I've heard all the "treehugger, moonbat" yada yada disses from those with conservative views my entire life.  LOL.  I can take it. 

My family is largely comprised of Glenn Beck fans, and as you guys may have noticed, Glenn Beck dissed Wishadoo on his show in the fall.

Yes, I personally identify as a progressive but I've always hated the labels and misuse of words and BS all the way around that happens on all sides.

I think we're at a point where we can't afford -- on any level -- to be so divided as a country, so I often post at different sites, asking where we can find common ground.

Working together as human beings can't be a bad thing.  Connecting one on one -- using personal responsibility -- is one of the goals at Wishadoo.  Yes there are people who will take advantage (and they can usually be found out rather quickly 'cause they post EVERYWHERE online, asking for the same thing, repeatedly), but that's why we need to take personal responsibility to do whatever it is we need to be comfortable if we decide to help.

But at least Wishadoo provides the space to do that without having to go through agencies and other red tape-oriented organizations.

However, Wishadoo is about much more than just the Wishlist.  It's about gathering to brainstorm and get things done, and try to find some common ground to see if we can agree on what needs to be done and find a way to do it ourselves, as individuals, not relying solely on legislative means.

Anyway, I'd really like the opportunity to respectfully engage about things -- not politics -- but just life, with your members, if they'd be open to the same from me.  Wishadoo wasn't created to be political or religious.

I am indeed on a mission to make words like compassion and empathy and community and cooperation GOOD things, not something people shy away from because they don't want to be dissed by conservatives.   I want to get beyond all the stupid labels and misuse of our language and try to get something DONE that helps people help themselves.  I haven't had much more luck in this regard at progressive sites than I have at conservative sites. 

I don't think conservative is a bad word any more than I do progressive.

Discussing things is the first step, so I'd be grateful if I had the opportunity to do so with your members, unless I'd be too much of disturbance in the force, in your opinion.  ;) "

I haven't read here much, to be honest.  And, no doubt there are some members here with whom I could find common ground, and others who interact in a way that I have zero desire to engage.  Again, that's no different than any other site, though I definitely find those (usually in the smaller groups) with whom I share a similar worldview at progressive sites.  No doubt about that.  Plus, trolls don't tend to go into the sub-groups.  ;)

Today is really hectic for me, so I probably should have waited until later to even post this since I may not be able to respond to any replies, but I have to act on things right away or I forget easily.  Old age, don'tcha know.  ;)

The main things I'd really like some insight about from an anonymous conservative messageboard perspective, is why so many tend to loathe the words Compassion, Empathy, Cooperation, Community, etc.  Again, I understand the knee-jerk reaction that has been fed by the likes of Limbaugh and Company -- and if you really want to vent and spout all the liberal disses, have at it -- but I'm asking if you could please sit with it beyond that initial reaction.  Are they REALLY such bad words?  They don't have to be.  We can be smart and practical and strong and still be compassionate, want to help our local communities and cooperate more to get things done, for us to see how to help ourselves more effectively.  Honestly, I don't see how we can turn things around unless we do.  So, my hope is to get beyond all the labels that take us back to junior high and pit us all against one another into nasty cliques. 

I can hope....(oh yeah, that's another word that's dissed universally these days -- progressives, conservatives, everyone in between.  Hard to say much of anything that won't be demeaned, making the whole gist of one's post missed because of the use of a word or two.  I think it's pathetic all the way around.)

Thanks for reading.  :)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 08:14:48 AM »

Well, welcome, madam; a good read.

There's plenty here besides just the DUmpster; conservativecave is a very diverse and, uh, interesting group of people; one just has to get used to us.

But a caveat, madam--franksolich and a few others are on a rather enthusiastdic anti-primitive rampage at the moment--so best to ignore us until we're in a better mood.

But everybody else, especially in the other forums, is as nice as strawberries-and-cream.

And so again, welcome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 08:19:20 AM »
I must add; new members don't see all of the forums here.

After one gets about 100 posts, the place abruptly doubles.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »

Working together as human beings can't be a bad thing.  Connecting one on one -- using personal responsibility -- is one of the goals at Wishadoo. 

This is in direct conflict with the current regime. Your goal is for the betterment of man for humanities sake whereas the obama regime will sacrifice mankind for the betterment of the party/state.

Today's democrat party is not the democrat party that Archie Bunker detested. It's much worse.

All that aside, I guess, hey!
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 08:31:19 AM »
Gotcha.  Thanks for the reply and the info.  I'll try to get more familiar with the other areas (non-political!) soon.

Have a good one.  :)

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 08:37:48 AM »
This is in direct conflict with the current regime. Your goal is for the betterment of man for humanities sake whereas the obama regime will sacrifice mankind for the betterment of the party/state.

Today's democrat party is not the democrat party that Archie Bunker detested. It's much worse.

All that aside, I guess, hey!

Hi, Tucker.  I'm not a fan of ANY political party in the US.  I basically feel DC is bought and sold to the highest bidder.  I don't think we have a democracy any more, nor a democratic republic.  It's government to the highest bidder.  That's my personal view.

It's a given we're going to disagree about politics, no doubt about that, and I don't have the energy to spar about that, to be honest.  I've been self-employed, having worked no less than 60 hours a week for the last 18 years.  Never been on ANY type of assistance, never even received unemployment in my life.  No benefits.  Nothing.

Totally self-sufficient.  The complete antithesis of what many conservatives see progressives/liberals as.  So, I choose my battles wisely 'cause I just don't have the energy for uselessness.

I've come to realize (mainly from interacting with extreme right-wing and libertarian family members) that we want completely different things, and talking about politics is a waste of energy.  So, I'll stay out of political discussion here and find the other forums to chat about stuff and see where there may be common ground as it pertains to our everyday lives.

:)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 08:40:05 AM »

What I'd like to know, given the information given about one of the solicitations on your site and how it conflicts with the reality this person is very generous in sharing about her financial status, is do you take any measures to ensure that the people actively SOLICITING donations are genuine about their pleas or situations? There have been cases where people have gotten into trouble over either faking an illness or overstating their need financially. I would think you would want to protect a cause you feel strongly about from people who would scam it or use it to protect their own wealth from unexpected expenses(ie people who have the money or income but just don't want to use it on things like medical bills). How do you protect the people who are willing to donate from those type of users? Just curious.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 08:50:41 AM »
dena.

Just so you know, I don't separate the needy by political leanings. Through my mole, I have actually donated money directly to DU'ers who truly convey a need. You can tell the bullshitters from the desperate.

Damn. I think I just lost my evil conservative image.

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »

What I'd like to know, given the information given about one of the solicitations on your site and how it conflicts with the reality this person is very generous in sharing about her financial status, is do you take any measures to ensure that the people actively SOLICITING donations are genuine about their pleas or situations? There have been cases where people have gotten into trouble over either faking an illness or overstating their need financially. I would think you would want to protect a cause you feel strongly about from people who would scam it or use it to protect their own wealth from unexpected expenses(ie people who have the money or income but just don't want to use it on things like medical bills). How do you protect the people who are willing to donate from those type of users? Just curious.

The Wishlist aspect of Wishadoo which, again, is just one tool there) is very similar to craigslist and why it's been referred to as "a craigslist of compassion" (yes, Craig Newmark knows).

There is extensive legalese involved with such a setup, as you can imagine, and Wishadoo incorporates that.  First of all, Wishadoo hasn't officially launched yet.  Educating about the Wishlist -- and the aspect of personal and community (Wishadoo Community) responsibility -- will be one of the first things that is focused upon.

It's made very clear that Wishadoo doesn't screen the postings for legitimacy, but if we're informed of any lies or deceptions, that post and poster will immediately be deleted and banned.  Zero tolerance policy.  The thing is, we rely on the community itself to make us aware of this, as there is no way to screen every post once the site launches.  And, quite frankly, doing that takes us into the same area of agencies and the red tape and screening that happens there.

Wishadoo is about personal responsibility on the part of those asking for help, AND those offering it.  If someone may want to help someone but wants more information to be sure they're being honest, that's their responsibility to ask for it and come to their own conclusion.  Wishadoo simply provides the platform to connect.

People are on their own from there, unless they violate terms and conditions of the site.

I have been able to spot perpetual abusers a few times in the past.  They tend to post the exact same need at MANY (I mean, hundreds) of websites (who has time for that???), and they have done so over a several-year period.  That's a potential abuse situation that I personally stay alerted to, even if the TOS haven't yet been violated.

Hope that answers your question.  :)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 08:56:25 AM »
Gotcha.  Thanks for the reply and the info.  I'll try to get more familiar with the other areas (non-political!) soon.

Have a good one.  :)

Wait, wait, wait.....

Don't go yet, madam; we need your insight.

Be an Ann Landers to franksolich, if you might, please.

If you're not familiar with the situation, you can take a "pass," but I'm hoping you're familiar with the situation.

There's a certain member of democraticunderground, a certain primitive, official name "Stinky the Clown," adopted name "the sparkling husband primitive" here, and franksolich recently re-baptized him "whatshisname."

For a few years now, franksolich has tried to carefully cultivate whatshisname, treating him nicely and all that--probably the best piece of writing I ever did was his award for #02 Top Primitive of 2010, a masterpiece.

And I've dedicated short stories to him.

You see, whatshisname reminds me a great deal of my late Uncle Lido--when my aunt married him, she was ostracized from the rest of the family, due to his, uh, Italianate derivation and all that involves.  But while there were hard feelings inside, at least on the surface everyone maintained a certain formal courtesy and respect.

I only ever met him one time, when I was 8 years old, at which meeting he called me a stupid kid, possibly the stupidest kid he ever met, but as he was my uncle, I assumed he loved me anyway.

Uncle Lido could curse like a longshoreman and had a mean, violent temper, but other than that, he was okay.  He had a certain elegant grace, style, and manners that those of other derivations would do well to emulate.

So I figured I would handle whatshisname the same way I handled Uncle Lido (who by the way when he died in the early 1980s, left a certain college senior a goodly stash; I had been right about his true nature; he didn't care for me, but he cared about me).

But whatshisname is someone the sort of of-Italianate-derivation I've never seen before.  He's crude, he's crass, he's a disgusting discredit to those noble princes and peasants his antecedents, including his parents of sacred memory.  If there's any milk of human kindness in him, it's sour.

Would you happen to know if Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends and Influence People is available in an Italian edition?

Again, if you're not acquainted with the situation, madam, or if you'd rather not find his associates Louie the Mouth-Smasher or Salvatore the Leg-Breaker at your door, you don't need to answer, but I surely hope you do.

It's so rarely we get someone from democraticunderground over here, and I'm sure many of us have lots and lots of questions.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
dena.

Just so you know, I don't separate the needy by political leanings. Through my mole, I have actually donated money directly to DU'ers who truly convey a need. You can tell the bullshitters from the desperate.

Damn. I think I just lost my evil conservative image.

LOL!  I agree, Tucker.  As I just wrote, you can usually tell those who are genuine versus the chronic takers.  I've found that most people have a really, really hard time asking for help.  I always have, that's for sure.  When someone asks for help not only seemingly easily, but REPEATEDLY, and at many different sites, that's someone who likely has no interest in helping themselves, and I'm very wary of them.

What's the old adage, it's not about a hand out but a hand up.  Many people through no fault of their own these days are in dire straits.  They worked hard all their lives, paid their taxes, yada, yada....but the system isn't their friend.  Seriously, I'm one of them.  I know of what I speak.

I have zero desire for Wishadoo to be where takers suck up all the energy.  I do hope to create a foundation where people can enter with an open heart and open mind (cue gag reflex), but DEFINITELY take personal responsibility for what they share there.  And coming together as a community is what helps keep that in check.  There are other research geeks like myself who will have a red flag raised when someone posts.  All it takes is a Google search to see that same username has posted the same thing repeatedly.  These same types often refuse offers of assistance or guidance other than money.  Huge red flag.  But each one of us can find that out on our own and choose to ignore their plea for help.

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »
Wait, wait, wait.....

If you're not familiar with the situation, you can take a "pass," but I'm hoping you're familiar with the situation.

There's a certain member of democraticunderground, a certain primitive, official name "Stinky the Clown," adopted name "the sparkling husband primitive" here, and franksolich recently re-baptized him "whatshisname."

For a few years now, franksolich has tried to carefully cultivate whatshisname, treating him nicely and all that--probably the best piece of writing I ever did was his award for #02 Top Primitive of 2010, a masterpiece.

You see, whatshisname reminds me a great deal of my late Uncle Lido--when my aunt married him, she was ostracized from the rest of the family, due to his, uh, Italianate derivation and all that involves.  But while there were hard feelings inside, at least on the surface everyone maintained a certain formal courtesy and respect.

I only ever met him one time, when I was 8 years old, at which meeting he called me a stupid kid, possibly the stupidest kid he ever met, but as he was my uncle, I assumed he loved me anyway.

Uncle Lido could curse like a longshoreman and had a mean, violent temper, but other than that, he was okay.  He had a certain elegant grace, style, and manners that those of other derivations would do well to emulate.

So I figured I would handle whatshisname the same way I handled Uncle Lido (who by the way when he died in the early 1980s, left a certain college senior a goodly stash; I had been right about his true nature; he didn't care for me, but he cared about me).

But whatshisname is someone the sort of of-Italianate-derivation I've never seen before.  He's crude, he's crass, he's a disgusting discredit to those noble princes and peasants his antecedents, including his parents of sacred memory.  If there's any milk of human kindness in him, it's sour.

Would you happen to know if Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends and Influence People is available in an Italian edition?

Again, if you're not acquainted with the situation, madam, or if you'd rather not find his associates Louie the Mouth-Smasher or Salvatore the Leg-Breaker at your door, you don't need to answer, but I surely hope you do.

It's so rarely we get someone from democraticunderground over here, and I'm sure many of us have lots and lots of questions.

LOL!  Sorry....can't help you.  And I'm definitely not here to bash DU, Skinner or members, nor any other specific site.  I'll leave that up to the professionals.  ;)

BTW, I tend to swear like a longshoreman as well, so I would have liked your uncle, no doubt. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
Wait, wait, wait.....

Coach, IIRC, How To Win Friends And Influence People has been translated into a whole bunch of languages, and I'm about 100% sure that Italian is one of them.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »
LOL!  Sorry....can't help you.  And I'm definitely not here to bash DU, Skinner or members, nor any other specific site.  I'll leave that up to the professionals.  ;)

BTW, I tend to swear like a longshoreman as well, so I would have liked your uncle, no doubt. 

Thank you, madam.

I was hoping for a different sort of answer, but expecting the answer you gave.

Carry on; you're a good soul.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
What a load of touchy-feely horse shit.

Offline dena

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »

Dad?  Uncle Lou?   Is that you speaking from beyond the grave through this CC member?

:tongue:

I respect your opinion, though no doubt that's also a load of touchy-feely horseshit.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 10:31:29 AM »

Ha  :rotf:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
Welcome Dena!

BTW, many of us here wishadoo on our own, conservatives are actually very giving people contrary to what the left says about us.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats