Author Topic: Windows 2000 disk  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Windows 2000 disk
« on: May 13, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »
Greetings all...I am wondering if anyone here has an old windows 2000 disk laying around they don't need. I need one for a project I am working on.I would be willing to pay for it and the shipping...any ideas please let me know, Thanks

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Windows 2000 disk
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:11:39 AM »
Greetings all...I am wondering if anyone here has an old windows 2000 disk laying around they don't need. I need one for a project I am working on.I would be willing to pay for it and the shipping...any ideas please let me know, Thanks

Let me ask at work. We have several CDs laying around that are not used & I might be able to grab one of them.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
I have a couple of 'flavors' of 2000 if you dont have any Thor. I dont think I have just plain 2000 originals though. I have 2000 Pro, 2000 Standard Server, 2000 Data Center Server and 2000 Advanced Server. Of the 2000 Pro's I have one that I slip-streamed Sata drivers onto. Another that I have slip-streamed SP4 onto. Another  with XP Icons and DX9 slip-streamed onto it. And one more Pro with Windows 7 wallpapers and Icons, SP5 and 400 hot fixes slip-streamed into it. A little mish-mash from my slip-streaming days. 2000 is a rather hearty and stable OS overall to 'play' with.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Bondai

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
Thank you both very much for responding.I think I'll give Thor a chance to take a look first

Janice, the 2000 pro will work fine.If you don't want to part with it I can pay shipping both ways and I can return it to you after I use it, whatever you think is best.Let's give Thor a chance and then we can work out the details...Thanks again.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
Thank you both very much for responding.I think I'll give Thor a chance to take a look first

Janice, the 2000 pro will work fine.If you don't want to part with it I can pay shipping both ways and I can return it to you after I use it, whatever you think is best.Let's give Thor a chance and then we can work out the details...Thanks again.

It won't be until Monday that I can check. I hope you can wait that long.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bondai

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »
It won't be until Monday that I can check. I hope you can wait that long.

No hurry friend... :-)

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
Checked with the boss, we have exactly ZERO Windows 2000 disks. Turns out that one of the techs before him took all the Windows 2000 disks and did something with them. I'm thinking friends & eBay.

Offline Bondai

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:26:52 AM »
Checked with the boss, we have exactly ZERO Windows 2000 disks. Turns out that one of the techs before him took all the Windows 2000 disks and did something with them. I'm thinking friends & eBay.

I understand how that game is played. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Offline Bondai

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:10 AM »
Janice...I sent you a PM, Thanks

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 05:30:30 PM »
Ok. Sorry it took so long. I made a copy, tested it and mailed it to you today. It is supposed to get there by Monday.

This copy has both SP4 and Sata drivers integrated. I think I integrated the key too, but Im not certain. Anyways I also enclosed the key in text for you too just in case.

Let me know if you have any problems. Otherwise, enjoy!

Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Bondai

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »
I wanted to Thank Janice for the disk. She provided it free of charge and it really saved the day.Thanks for everything and if there is anything I can do for you don't hesistate to ask, Thanks again.