Author Topic: 2008 NFL schedules  (Read 20859 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Re: 2008 NFL schedules
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2008, 03:23:35 PM »
marion barber wants 40-60million like LT & LJ, arguably the best running backs in the league (who have also logged more yards in 2 seasons, than barber has in 4 )

jerry jones only wants to pay him 30 million or so....

hmmmmm ??

trouble in Big D ??  :uhsure:
There's always trouble in Big D.  Just wait til Pacman gets there.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
marion barber wants 40-60million like LT & LJ, arguably the best running backs in the league (who have also logged more yards in 2 seasons, than barber has in 4 )

hmmmmm ??

yup....jerry jones  would be smart to hire security guards at EVERY titty bar in dallas, whose only orders are to KEEP PACMAN OUT :whatever:...

I'm sure JJ is simply gonna lay out LT's accomplishments & stats, compared to Barbers & tell him that he's lucky to be making 1/2 of LT's salary, since he's accomplished 10 times more than you have these past 4 years...

LT rushing yards since 05  -   around 4787
Barbers rushing yds since 04 -around 2500

LT Tds - around 70
Barber- 29 or so           
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:32:30 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »

hmmmmm ??

yup....jerry jones  would be smart to hire security guards at EVERY titty bar in dallas, whose only orders are to KEEP PACMAN OUT :whatever:...

I'm sure JJ is simply gonna lay out LT's accomplishments & stats, compared to Barbers & tell him that he's lucky to be making 1/2 of LT's salary, since he's accomplished 10 times more than you have these past 4 years...

LT Tds - around 70
Barber- 29 or so           

Yeah, and MBIII's going to come back with the fact that for some reason they decided to keep him behind that bum Julius Jones the whole time.  They'll work something out, and it'll be reasonable.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »

hmmmmm ??

LT Tds - around 70
Barber- 29 or so           

Yeah, and MBIII's going to come back with the fact that for some reason they decided to keep him behind that bum Julius Jones the whole time.  They'll work something out, and it'll be reasonable.

bottom line is, Barber doesn't have the raw  numbers to warrant LT or LJ numbers....

and we really don't know what barber is capable of since he's  only started 1 game in the NFL as the official starter... (that the cowboys lost mind you :lmao:)...

personally, I don't find barber worth 40 million....30 million over 6-7 years , YES, but not 60 million over 4 years like LT has got coming his way....

barber is a great short yardage back, but, he can't go the distance & won't be an every down back ...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:50:23 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »

hmmmmm ??

LT Tds - around 70
Barber- 29 or so           

bottom line is, Barber doesn't have the raw  numbers to warrant LT or LJ numbers....

and we really don't know what barber is capable of since he's  only started 1 game in the NFL as the official starter... (that the cowboys lost mind you :lmao:)...

personally, I don't find barber worth 40 million....30 million over 6-7 years , YES, but not 60 million over 4 years like LT has got coming his way....

I don't think he's worth that much yet either, but that's what negotiations are about. 

And I'll thank you not to mention any Cowboys losses.  Jerk. :banghead: :-)
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »
Hey, JCC.  How about this scenario?

Chad Johnson is demanding out of Cinci, the Pats love to make trades on draft day.  How would you like to see Chad Johnson as a number 2 reciever for Tom Brady.  I really think it's gonna happen.  What do you htink? :rotf:
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »

hmmmmm ??

LT Tds - around 70
Barber- 29 or so           

I don't think he's worth that much yet either, but that's what negotiations are about. 

And I'll thank you not to mention any Cowboys losses.  Jerk. :banghead: :-)

thats awright, my  Pats  & Bears got royally cornholed by the LUCKIEST TEAM IN HISTORY too...

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »

Chad Johnson is demanding out of Cinci, the Pats love to make trades on draft day.  How would you like to see Chad Johnson as a number 2 reciever for Tom Brady.  I really think it's gonna happen.  What do you htink? :rotf:

I think tom brady needs to HAVE TIME TO THROW against Elite pass rushing teams...

unless the pats have a stealth 350lber waiting for them in the late rounds, I think that would be a big mistake trading their 7 for johnson...

the Pats need brandon albert w/ that #7 pick &/or   a defensive FREAK to make their D alot more potent (gholston, dorsey long, ellis)

either way, I think the Pats need a big man, not a showboat.... they are getting away from their roots, that won them 3 SB's (domination up front first & foremost)

I'd love to have C Johnson, but, not if it means giving up better protection for Brady, who did get gang raped by the colts, giants, ravens & eagles...so there is a systemic problem on that Oline that must be fixed first

but then again, 1/2 of todays star players are 3rd rounders & up, so, I'm sure if the Pats do it, they'll have that Oline shored up too...

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »

I think tom brady needs to HAVE TIME TO THROW against Elite pass rushing teams...

unless the pats have a stealth 350lber waiting for them in the late rounds, I think that would be a big mistake trading their 7 for johnson...

the Pats need brandon albert w/ that #7 pick &/or   a defensive FREAK to make their D alot more potent (gholston, dorsey long, ellis)

either way, I think the Pats need a big man, not a showboat.... they are getting away from their roots, that won them 3 SB's (domination up front first & foremost)

I'd love to have C Johnson, but, not if it means giving up better protection for Brady, who did get gang raped by the colts, giants, ravens & eagles...so there is a systemic problem on that Oline that must be fixed first

but then again, 1/2 of todays star players are 3rd rounders & up, so, I'm sure if the Pats do it, they'll have that Oline shored up too...
They could swing something to get the Bungles #9.  You never know.  Gotta go, see y'all tomorrow.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »

They could swing something to get the Bungles #9.  You never know.  Gotta go, see y'all tomorrow.

good point...

and the bungles would be desperate enough to do that...

brandon albert would still prolly be around at #9 .... so might sedric ellis...

wonder who the bengals would need so desperatly to move up 2 spots ?? ... the cornerback cromartie ??  a running back like mcfadden or mendenhall ??

:thatsright: ...dope!!.... well if they get rid of chad & they just lost henry, obviously they'd need a RECEIVER !!! :-)  ....

wonder who ??

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2008, 04:16:48 PM »
ah ha !!!

now I know whats gonna happen !!

the cowboys will trade Barber to  the Patriots, to reunite him w/ Maroney & provide a power runner/blocker for the Pats...

in return, the cowboys get the Pats #7 pick, which they take Darren Mcfadden  ...

then the Bengals trade Johnson to the Pats & give them their number 9 pick in return for a late rounder & tons of cleared salary cap.... then the Pats will use the #9 to pick up brandon albert/or clady  to provide more protection for brady, so he can actually connect w/ johnson !!! ...

boooyah!!!

you thought last years pats team was great ....LOOK OUT !!

who else can afford C Johnson but the Pats ?? ...highly unlikely chad would play for anyone else for 1 million dollars his first year (just like they did w/ moss & stallworth) ...

chads incentive is playing w/ one of THE greatest ever receivers, on one of the greatest teams ever, w/ one of the greatest QB's ever....he can't get any closer to a SB than he could in NE these next 4 years...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 04:21:01 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2008, 08:11:20 AM »

good point...

wonder who the bengals would need so desperatly to move up 2 spots ?? ... the cornerback cromartie ??  a running back like mcfadden or mendenhall ??

:thatsright: ...dope!!.... well if they get rid of chad & they just lost henry, obviously they'd need a RECEIVER !!! :-)  ....

wonder who ??
According to Sports Illustrated's mock draft.  They'll trade up to get Ellis.  It didn't say anything about Johnson, but I figured the Pats could get Johnson and the #9 for their #7 and a second rounder.  SI says that is the reason the Pats are showing such interest in Ellis, to bait the Bengals.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2008, 09:07:07 AM »

good point...

wonder who ??
According to Sports Illustrated's mock draft.  They'll trade up to get Ellis.  It didn't say anything about Johnson, but I figured the Pats could get Johnson and the #9 for their #7 and a second rounder.  SI says that is the reason the Pats are showing such interest in Ellis, to bait the Bengals.

sounds pretty do'able...

and I think that would still leave brandon albert available at #9, since the ravens would prolly take a QB or Cromartie ...

me likes :naughty:

if this happens, you do know all the scoring the Pats did last year, will be eclipsed this year  !!...

#1 WR randy moss
#2  WR wes welker
#3 WR Chad Johnson
#4 TE ben watson/david thomas (hurt all last year)
#5 RB's Maroney, Sammy Morris healthy again & Kevin Faulk ....
#6- Oline-  Brandon Albert added to the mix for bulldozing run blocking & brick wall pass protection

thats flatout scary ....

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »

good point...

wonder who ??

sounds pretty do'able...

and I think that would still leave brandon albert available at #9, since the ravens would prolly take a QB or Cromartie ...

if this happens, you do know all the scoring the Pats did last year, will be eclipsed this year  !!...

#1 WR randy moss
#2  WR wes welker
#3 WR Chad Johnson
#6- Oline-  Brandon Albert added to the mix for bulldozing run blocking & brick wall pass protection

thats flatout scary ....
Plus, Beeeelichik not blowing the Super Bowl.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

good point...

wonder who ??

sounds pretty do'able...

#1 WR randy moss
#2  WR wes welker
#3 WR Chad Johnson

thats flatout scary ....
Plus, Beeeelichik not blowing the Super Bowl.

man, it looked as though the giants were an unstoppable force last year... they were a fluke, but, the football Gods were behind them & I don't know if anything would've got the Pats by them in that SB....

if anything, Tom Bradys cockiness, combined w/ his injury did more to sink the Pats than belichicks seemingly lack of preparation &/or answers for what was happening to thier offense.....  remember, belichik is a defensive guy & he basically puts all his trust in his OC (who is a youngin) ...hopefully that youngin learned something about smashmouth football in that SB....

I mean, when your QB is consistently being raped by a 4 man rush, you gotta stick your nastiest fullback in the back field, just to lay some lumber on a Dlineman or blitzer to RING THEIR BELL a few times.... the pats never did & just let the giants confidence & ego's blossom all game long...

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »

Hey, nobody's perfect twice: Pats to go 12-4

On Pro Football

Hector Longo

The National Football League succeeded again in keeping Bill Belichick up late at night.

Blessed with the easiest schedule in the NFL (record-wise 99-157) thanks to six AFC East gimmes and rotating through the dregs of both the NFC and AFC West, the Patriots got hammered by the league with one of the most physically taxing slates a team could endure.

Five night games on national TV with three on the road, plus two back-to-backers on the West Coast will force Belichick to split his time between coach, travel agent and chief motivator.

Will this team make the unorthodox move and stay in California the early October week between the San Francisco game and the San Diego game or will the club fly coast-to-coast-to-coast-to-coast-to-coast, all in an eight-day span?

How about in December when they play at Seattle on the 7th and Oakland on the 14th?

Belichick has a lot more on his mind than the upcoming draft (April 26-27) and the impending June free-agent signing frenzy.

Taking all the factors into account, the Patriots will take a giant (oops, sorry folks) step back toward the pack, coming off the perfect 16-0 regular season. It says here New England will be human and will be beaten four times, a solid 12-4 campaign.

Week 1 vs. Kansas City: Belichick introduces the nine-man front and dares the Chiefs to pass. They can't. Damon Huard can't. Brodie Croyle can't. And Len Dawson and Joe Montana aren't walking through that door, fans. Pats breeze, much to the glee of the Foxboro faithful.

Week 2 at New York Jets: Belichick makes pregame announcement that jobs will be lost if Eric Mangini's hated crew ends the Pats' regular-season win streak (by this game it's 20). Fear and rekindled "Spygate" talk are exceptional motivators. Pats dominate green team and move to 2-0.

Week 3 vs. Miami: Vegas puts out an NFL record 35-point line and the Pats cover easily, causing another uneasy confrontation between on-again, off-again pals Belichick and Bill Parcells.

Week 4: Bye, bye, bye. Too early and at just the wrong time.

Week 5 at San Francisco: All the momentum gone, with the Pats looking ahead to a week in wine country and next Sunday's meeting with Shawne Merriman and the boys, New England finally loses a regular-season game, its first since December 2006. Haverhill's Duane Carlisle has the 49ers in the shape of their lives. Alex Smith returns with a vengeance. The Niners stun the slumbering Pats, who fall to 3-1. The murmurs about an underachieving Randy Moss begin to simmer.

Week 6 at San Diego: The NFL should be ashamed of this kind of scheduling. Toppling LaDainian Tomlinson and the Chargers under these circumstances is a humongous task, one an aging linebacking crew can't handle.

Week 7 vs. Denver: Gone are the days when the Broncos were a team to fear. Mike Shanahan rotates through the downward coaching spiral. And the Pats get back on the right track with a stumbling win.

Week 8 vs. St. Louis: Sandwiched between the Monday nighter with Denver and the game of the year coming next week at Indy, this would, in the past, scream out "trap game." The Rams, 3-13 a year ago, would fit in nicely with AFC East bottom-feeders: Miami, Buffalo and the Jets. Pats sleepwalk, but prevail rather easily.

Week 9 at Indianapolis: Belichick's defense simply can't stop the Mannings when it matters. Still, it's the game of the year, a Sunday night shootout and a wonderful preview of the AFC title game.

Week 10 vs. Buffalo: Talk about the right time for a run through the AFC East. Buffalo is the perfect elixir for a drained team needing a waltz or two.

Week 11 vs. New York Jets: When is a rivalry not a rivalry? When the Jets stand no chance of beating the Pats on any given Sunday. Another miserable performance by a divisional foe turns into a laugher.

Week 12 at Miami Dolphins: By now, Bill Parcells has plotted the course back to respectability for Miami, but there is much work to be done. Expect Miami to close fast, like Parcells' 1993 Patriots, but savvy New England snatches the win away late from the hungry, young fish.

Week 13 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: It's not quite December (Nov. 30), but the Pats hit their prime at just the right time. Tom Brady outshines Ben Roethlisberger in a game which has to be changed to a nationally televised night game by the NFL. Stick a fork in the Steelers. Any Bill Cowher-era momentum is wiped away for good here.

Week 14 at Seattle: If the Patriots do one thing well, they unmask cowards and frauds. The Seahawks are both. Belichick has his team thinking this could be a possible Super Bowl matchup, and the New Englanders play like it.

Week 15 at Oakland: Laurence Maroney obliterates the 1,000-yard rushing barrier for the first time in his career. The ridiculous Raiders offer little resistance in a December yawner.

Week 16 vs. Arizona: The Pats pay here, at home, for all the traveling. All I can say, is let's hope this one doesn't cost the Pats home-field advantage in the AFC title game or, even worse, a playoff bye. Matt Leinart puts the beer bong down long enough to lead the Cards to the cusp of the NFC West crown with a win. They clinch it here in Foxboro, by waxing a weary group of frequent flyers, who are coming off their fourth West Coast game of the campaign.

Week 17 at Buffalo: A post-Christmas yawner. But why not find a way to get the momentum flowing toward the playoffs by assaulting an overmatched J.P. Losman? The Bills are weak and meek, falling to the Pats, who lick their wounds with a playoff bye.

So what does 12-4 get you? It gets the Patriots right where they want to be, owning a playoff bye and remaining home possibly right through the AFC title game.

Accept the four losses, folks As we all found out in February, nobody's perfect.

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_107002906.html?keyword=secondarystory

I don't know which is funnier, the loss to the 49ers or the Falcons clinching their division in Foxboro.

:rotf:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2008, 12:50:01 AM »
Week 14 at Seattle: If the Patriots do one thing well, they unmask cowards and frauds. The Seahawks are both. Belichick has his team thinking this could be a possible Super Bowl matchup, and the New Englanders play like it.

:bird: Hector!  LOL

I can see the Pats going 12-4. Nothing wrong with that and they shure as heck are good enough. (or better) However, I agree a loss to the 9ers is laughable. Never happen. A Pats win in Seattle on the other hand? Never happen! You heard it here (I don't know when you heard it first) and you will hear it here again. Seattle beats the Pats at Qwest.

As to "other". Ocho Stupido stays in Cincy. It's an $8M hit to release or trade him. He is likely to stay a Bungle IMHO.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »
thats a NICE  piece there formerlurker....

and it accuratly depicts how HARD the patriots schedule really is...

emmit smith & troy aikman used to say "its not who you play so much, its WHEN YOU PLAY THEM"  ...

& if the Pats had as EASY of a schedule as the colts did last year & this year, not only would they have won the SB last year by 40 points, but this year would be the same...

IMO, the Pats are better when they lose a couple a games ...will they lose 4 this year?? ....its possible, but I think 3 games may be more likely....

Colts will get their 2-3 bogus interference calls & put themselves into scoring position, but I still say the Pats will beat them if maroney/morris are healthy & their #7 draft pick if a winner... the colts are actually the team thats getting long in the tooth (from manning/harrison on down) .... look for bob sanders to get hurt & their D to fall apart .... rumors are even saying Dwight Freeny is a shell of himself  from that foot injury too ..

bottom line is, I don't see the colts being a better team this year, whereas their divisional foes in JAX & TN will be better & one of them will take the colts down since the colts have no monkey biz w/ scheduling giving them the edge this year...

as for the chargers ?? ....obviously they're a tough team & facing them the way that they are will prolly end up for a big LOSS for the Pats..... but, the chargers are going on year 2 w/ Norv & that can't be a good thing for them....

the chargers just dumped the guy they should actually kept for the next 4 years (michael turner) & I' betting their injury bug will be back to haunt them a bit....

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:12:00 AM by john c calhoun »

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »

:bird: Hector!  LOL

I can see the Pats going 12-4. Nothing wrong with that and they shure as heck are good enough. (or better) However, I agree a loss to the 9ers is laughable. Never happen. A Pats win in Seattle on the other hand? Never happen! You heard it here (I don't know when you heard it first) and you will hear it here again. Seattle beats the Pats at Qwest.

As to "other". Ocho Stupido stays in Cincy. It's an $8M hit to release or trade him. He is likely to stay a Bungle IMHO.

ocho stupido can negate that contract by signing away that money ?? ....

and I agree w/ you about the seattle game...it will be tough because seattle is always GREAT at home & always good at the end of the season ...it will be close