Author Topic: 2008 NFL schedules  (Read 20987 times)

Offline john c calhoun

2008 NFL schedules
« on: April 15, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807c555e&template=without-video&confirm=true

2008 NFL schedules are out baby !!...

and the Pats get HOSED  once again by the kings team...tEh indianpolis colts, who for some reason get to play the Pats at home AGAIN ....the Pats /Colts used to alternate home field advantage year after year , but no more...

and of course, the Colts get to play the BEARS in Indy as well....

again, why even have a superbowl every year?? .....why doesn't the NFL just give their team, the COLTS, the lombardi trophy at the end of every season ... :whatever: .... :-)

but, this year does look to be different, cause I see that the Titans & Jags actually get the same amount of rest as do the colts before each of their games this year.... ......this is THE YEAR  the colts don't take the AFC  South...

I also see that the pats have to fly out to make 2 west coast trips in a row ....the 2nd one is against the chargers   ...that could be a charger win this time around !!  :banghead:

the season begins in august baby !:cheersmate:

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: 2008 NFL schedules
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »
You know the reason why the Colts are playing the Pats at home and it has nothing at all to do with any bias on the NFL's part.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »
It's amazing that the Patriots continue to win SUper Bowls or go undefeated in the regular season despite the fact that the league is soooo against them.  It must just be the genius of Bill Beeeelichik.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »
It's amazing that the Patriots continue to win SUper Bowls or go undefeated in the regular season despite the fact that the league is soooo against them.  It must just be the genius of Bill Beeeelichik.

Yeah, how does that happen? ::)

Debating football with JCC kind of makes you feel like this guy: :banghead:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »

specially when JCC's team whoops the shiite out of dallas IN THEIR HOUSE  :lmao:

so tell us why the Colts get to play the Pats at home AGAIN  ...if its not the NFLs BIAS ??

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »

specially when JCC's team whoops the shiite out of dallas IN THEIR HOUSE  :lmao:

so tell us why the Colts get to play the Pats at home AGAIN  ...if its not the NFLs BIAS ??

Hell, the Falcoons QB is in prison.  Framed by the man AKA Roger Goodell.  The league was paranoid that Vick would outshine teh Colts and win Super Bowls on his back.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »
The Cowboys' Schedule:

Sun, Sep 7 @ Cleveland (FOX) 3:15 PM  
Mon, Sep 15 PHILADELPHIA (ESPN) 7:30 PM  
Sun, Sep 21 @ Green Bay (NBC) 7:15 PM  
Sun, Sep 28 WASHINGTON (FOX) 3:15 PM  
Sun, Oct 5 CINCINNATI (CBS) 3:15 PM  
Sun, Oct 12 @ Arizona (FOX) 3:15 PM  
Sun, Oct 19 @ St. Louis (FOX) NOON  
Sun, Oct 26 TAMPA BAY (FOX) NOON  
Sun, Nov 2 @ New York Giants (FOX) 3:15 PM  
Sun, Nov 9 BYE    
Sun, Nov 16 @ Washington (NBC) 7:15 PM  
Sun, Nov 23 SAN FRANCISCO (FOX) NOON  
Thurs, Nov 27 SEATTLE (FOX) 3:15 PM  
Sun, Dec 7 @ Pittsburgh (FOX) 3:15 PM  
Sun, Dec 14 NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) 7:15 PM  
Sat, Dec 20 BALTIMORE (NFLN) 7:15 PM  
Sun, Dec 28 @ Philadelphia (FOX)

It looks okay.  I think we've got definite wins against Cleveland, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, and Baltimore.  That's five right there.  I think we'll sweep Washington and split with the Giants and the Evils.  That's nine.  Give me probable wins against Cincy, Seattle, and Pittsburgh.  To me, it looks to be at least a 12-4 campaign.  Too bad we can't play the AFC East again.

Martin Luther

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »

Hell, the Falcoons QB is in prison.  Framed by the man AKA Roger Goodell.  The league was paranoid that Vick would outshine teh Colts and win Super Bowls on his back.

I believe it...

pacman jones too... the damn league made a clone of him , with one mission & one mission only......infiltrate TITTY BARS & conquer !!!  :lmao:

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »
The Cowboys' Schedule:

Sun, Sep 7 @ Cleveland (FOX) 3:15 PM   
Mon, Sep 15 PHILADELPHIA (ESPN) 7:30 PM   
Sun, Sep 21 @ Green Bay (NBC) 7:15 PM   
Sun, Sep 28 WASHINGTON (FOX) 3:15 PM   
Sun, Oct 5 CINCINNATI (CBS) 3:15 PM   
Sun, Oct 12 @ Arizona (FOX) 3:15 PM   
Sun, Oct 19 @ St. Louis (FOX) NOON   
Sun, Oct 26 TAMPA BAY (FOX) NOON   
Sun, Nov 2 @ New York Giants (FOX) 3:15 PM   
Sun, Nov 9 BYE     
Sun, Nov 16 @ Washington (NBC) 7:15 PM   
Sun, Nov 23 SAN FRANCISCO (FOX) NOON   
Thurs, Nov 27 SEATTLE (FOX) 3:15 PM   
Sun, Dec 7 @ Pittsburgh (FOX) 3:15 PM   
Sun, Dec 14 NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) 7:15 PM   
Sat, Dec 20 BALTIMORE (NFLN) 7:15 PM   
Sun, Dec 28 @ Philadelphia (FOX)

It looks okay.  I think we've got definite wins against Cleveland, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, and Baltimore.  That's five right there.  I think we'll sweep Washington and split with the Giants and the Evils.  That's nine.  Give me probable wins against Cincy, Seattle, and Pittsburgh.  To me, it looks to be at least a 12-4 campaign.  Too bad we can't play the AFC East again.

you'll lose to seattle & the Brownies I will prolly be betting on too ...  and I think the Cards will light you up  in AZ...

dallas has a pretty hard  schedule this year...

whoops, you're playing seattle at home...sorry, I forgot this is americans team & only the PATS have to go out & play seattle in their house :p
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:26:03 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807c555e&template=without-video&confirm=true
and the Pats get HOSED  once again by the kings team...tEh indianpolis colts, who for some reason get to play the Pats at home AGAIN ....the Pats /Colts used to alternate home field advantage year after year , but no more... and of course, the Colts get to play the BEARS in Indy as well....

Well the Pats game is scheduled for November 2. I don't think most fans wanna' see a game in the snow, just my opinion. And you know the NFL brass likes a clean field and the look of turf in HD. And if you don't have it, get the NFL Network, it's worth it.
No conspiracy JCC. BTW, welcome to the CC!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »
and the Pats get HOSED  once again by the kings team...tEh indianpolis colts, who for some reason get to play the Pats at home AGAIN ....the Pats /Colts used to alternate home field advantage year after year , but no more... and of course, the Colts get to play the BEARS in Indy as well....

Well the Pats game is scheduled for November 2. I don't think most fans wanna' see a game in the snow, just my opinion. And you know the NFL brass likes a clean field and the look of turf in HD. And if you don't have it, get the NFL Network, it's worth it.
No conspiracy JCC. BTW, welcome to the CC!

er, what you just described  IS A CONSPIRACY  :thatsright: ....thank you for telling us why the NFL is playing favorites to the colts, instead of doing what is RIGHT...

and yeah, football fans LOVE TO WATCH GAMES IN THE SNOW !!!!

and can you tell us the last time tEh colts played in the SNOW ?? (funny how they play all northern opponents w/out domes early in the season)

thanks for the welcome man !! :cheersmate:

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 03:33:07 PM »

I believe it...

pacman jones too... the damn league made a clone of him , with one mission & one mission only......infiltrate TITTY BARS & conquer !!!  :lmao:

And Eli is not really Peytons little brother.  The league secretly cloned Peyton and altered the DNA just enough to keep them from being identical.  The more Peytons the better.  Plus it distracts the casual fan from noticing how they cheat to keep Peyton in the Super Bowl.  Now they can put the other Peyton in there and people won't know it was Peyton.  But the more enlightened fans like us :tinfoil2: see through it.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »

I believe it...

And Eli is not really Peytons little brother.  The league secretly cloned Peyton and altered the DNA just enough to keep them from being identical.  The more Peytons the better.  Plus it distracts the casual fan from noticing how they cheat to keep Peyton in the Super Bowl.  Now they can put the other Peyton in there and people won't know it was Peyton.  But the more  fans like us :tinfoil2: see through it.enlightened

you're illuminati too ??   :cheersmate: 

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 03:41:55 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Martin Luther

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »

We are a dying breed.  Snow, defense, 17-10 final score, these things are considered relics nowadays.  People want to see high scoring offense and no defense.  Like the Pats and Cowboys last year, that was considered a good game.  I don't consider high scoring games "good".  I consider them lack of defense, which ultimately will bite you in the ass in the playoffs.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
People want to see high scoring offense and no defense.  

Huh? I want to see a skirt get his teeth knocked down his throat for having the balls to come across the middle zone of the second level.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 03:53:52 PM »

Okay, that was weird.  I had put up a post that basically refuted your contention that the Colts and Pats always play in Indy (I don't know what happened to it).  Actually, since the 2002 realignment (when the current scheduling formula went into force), the teams have played five times during the regular season, three in Foxboro, two in Indy.  And they haven't even played enough consecutive times in Indy to make it "seem like they never play in Foxboro".  Before last season, the Pats hosted three consecutive years.

ETA:  Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colts-Patriots_rivalry
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:59:20 PM by WinOne4TheGipper »

Martin Luther

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

Huh? I want to see a skirt get his teeth knocked down his throat for having the balls to come across the middle zone of the second level.
Who gets all the hype on the sports shows, which have become nothing more than Entertainment Tonight featuring athletes, the grind it out old school knock the shit out of you NFL game or the high octane 900 yards of total offense Arena League type game.  We are a dying breed, nobody appreciates defense anymore.  No one talks about the Ravens Super Bowl run as a great team.  Why, because they had no offense.  That team would have beaten at least 3/4 of the other Super Bowl teams.  Especially this years.  All they had to score was 14.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

Who gets all the hype on the sports shows, which have become nothing more than Entertainment Tonight featuring athletes, the grind it out old school knock the shit out of you NFL game or the high octane 900 yards of total offense Arena League type game.  We are a dying breed, nobody appreciates defense anymore.  No one talks about the Ravens Super Bowl run as a great team.  Why, because they had no offense.  That team would have beaten at least 3/4 of the other Super Bowl teams.  Especially this years.  All they had to score was 14.

That's because most of the sportscasters are pussies. They love the "finesse" of the game because they have never felt that feeling when you lower an "ambulance" on somebody.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »
Well my second favorite team looks like they will be blasted off the map. Hope Marvin Lewis don't let the door hit him on the a$$ on his way out of town, lol.

Cincinnati Bengals
Sept. 7 at Baltimore, 1 p.m.
Sept. 14 Tennessee, 1 p.m.
Sept. 21 at N.Y. Giants, 1 p.m.
Sept. 28 Cleveland, 1 p.m.
Oct. 5 at Dallas, 4:15 p.m.
Oct. 12 at N.Y. Jets, 1 p.m.
Oct. 19 Pittsburgh, 1 p.m.
Oct. 26 BYE
Nov. 2 Jacksonville, 1 p.m.
Nov. 9 at Houston, 1 p.m.
Nov. 16 Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Nov. 20 at Pittsburgh, 8:15 p.m.
Nov. 30 Baltimore, 1 p.m.
Dec. 7 at Indianapolis, 1 p.m.
Dec. 14 Washington, 1 p.m.
Dec. 21 at Cleveland, 1 p.m.
Dec. 28 Kansas City, 1 p.m.

That looks like 4 or 5 wins tops IMHO.  :bawl:

But my Seahawks should be OK. Playoff bound anywho...

Seattle Seahawks

1 Sept. 7 at Buffalo Bills  (That's a win. To bad it's not in Toronto where many Hawk fans reside)
2 Sept. 14 San Francisco 49ers  (9ers still suck)
3 Sept. 21 St. Louis Rams  (Rams still suck)
4 Sept. 28 Bye  (too early)  :thatsright:
5 Oct. 5 at New York Giants  (Tough one in NY. Glad the bye at least came right before the Champs)
6 Oct. 12 Green Bay Packers  (About time we got those bastards at Quest, lol)
7 Oct. 19 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (We suck going East but at least it's not a 10AM kickoff)
8 Oct. 26 at San Francisco 49ers  (9ers still suck)
9 Nov. 2 Philadelphia Eagles  (We owned the Iggles twice in Philly, we'll own em in Seattle for sure)
10 Nov. 9 at Miami Dolphins  (teh suck)
11 Nov. 16 Arizona Cardinals  (Might be putting something together. Might not.)
12 Nov. 23 Washington Redskins  (How tired are the Skins of Quest field, LOL. This game makes it 4 of the last 5 meetings.)  :lmao:
13 Nov. 27 (Thurs.) at Dallas Cowboys  (Sweet! Great matchup and on Turkey day to boot!!!)
14 Dec. 7 New England Patriots* (Our record at Quest speaks for itself. Brady meets the 12th man)
15 Dec. 14 at St. Louis Rams  (Rams suck)
16 Dec. 21 New York Jets  (Jets suck)
17 Dec. 28 at Arizona Cardinals  (dunno. Hope this game does not matter, lol)

Hmmm. I'll give us a good shot at 11-5.

Go Seahawks!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:13:20 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »
FWIW- all my predictions are pre-draft, pre-pre-season here. My "official" predictions come out near the end of August following game three of the pre-season. (just sayin')

btw, draft countdown...
10 DAYS 22 HRS 39 MIN 11 SEC     :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »

Okay, that was weird.  I had put up a post that basically refuted your contention that the Colts and Pats always play in Indy (I don't know what happened to it).  Actually, since the 2002 realignment (when the current scheduling formula went into force), the teams have played five times during the regular season, three in Foxboro, two in Indy.  And they haven't even played enough consecutive times in Indy to make it "seem like they never play in Foxboro".  Before last season, the Pats hosted three consecutive years.

hey wikipedia boy... your post prolly got deleted cause it was WRONG !! :loser:

I've watched EVERY SINGLE GAME you're talking about & you forget to mention the PLAYOFFS  .... the reg/.  season game has been the deciding factor in who gets homefield in their playoff matchup....

the ONLY reason there was consecutive homefield games for either team, was because the winner of the regular season game had clinched homefield in the PLAYOFFS....

thats one reason why their rivalry has been so fierce..... so yeah, their regular season games have alternated homefield advantages  EVERY year up until this year...

historically, whoever wins the regular season game, has moved on to homefield in the playoffs & ALWAYS advanced to the SB after beating the other ....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:41:58 PM by john c calhoun »

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »

We are a dying breed.  Snow, defense, 17-10 final score, these things are considered relics nowadays.  People want to see high scoring offense and no defense.  Like the Pats and Cowboys last year, that was considered a good game.  I don't consider high scoring games "good".  I consider them lack of defense, which ultimately will bite you in the ass in the playoffs.

well the highest rated superbowl in NFL history was at least one of the lowest scoring in decades .... (Pats vs Giants) ...so I think fans are looking for good football more than just gratuitous scoring (which it has become)

the NFL tries to tell us what we're gonna like, its not the other way around... the NFL has bent every rule they could to CREATE more scoring  up until this year, because the new defensive rules are gonna slow down teams like the Colts for sure....

but tEh colts have gotten ALOT privi  cause they give the NFL a bunch of money & make them a bunch of money ... & of course, their choice of peyton manning gave them instant celebrity power, which the NFL & investors have gone with...

peyton manning sells commericals & gear, so peyton manning gets the red carpet from the NFL ....& yet they've still only managed 1 superbowl all these years .... :hyper:

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 04:53:32 PM »

That's because most of the sportscasters are pussies. They love the "finesse" of the game because they have never felt that feeling when you lower an "ambulance" on somebody.

yep....

and they also don't like to sit out in the SNOW .... :whatever:

did you see that the Bears don't have the luxury of playing teH colts  at soldier field in december either.... ...

they gotta play Indy in the dome & I'm only guessing it will be a mild to stunning Indy blowout alright  :( ...

but, I'm willing to bet if the Bears got to play them at soldier field in late nov or december, there would be a different outcome...

but the only way the colts will be playing in the snow is if they are a wild card team & the NFL has NO CHOICE but to force them to play in the cold/snow at winter time ...

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »

Okay, that was weird.  I had put up a post that basically refuted your contention that the Colts and Pats always play in Indy (I don't know what happened to it).  Actually, since the 2002 realignment (when the current scheduling formula went into force), the teams have played five times during the regular season, three in Foxboro, two in Indy.  And they haven't even played enough consecutive times in Indy to make it "seem like they never play in Foxboro".  Before last season, the Pats hosted three consecutive years.

hey wikipedia boy... your post prolly got deleted cause it was WRONG !! :loser:

I've watched EVERY SINGLE GAME you're talking about & you forget to mention the PLAYOFFS  .... the reg/.  season game has been the deciding factor in who gets homefield in their playoff matchup....

the ONLY reason there was consecutive homefield games for either team, was because the winner of the regular season game had clinched homefield in the PLAYOFFS....

thats one reason why their rivalry has been so fierce..... so yeah, their regular season games have alternated homefield advantages  EVERY year up until this year...

historically, whoever wins the regular season game, has moved on to homefield in the playoffs & ALWAYS advanced to the SB after beating the other ....

I have no idea what you're trying to say and I doubt that you do either.  From 1970-2001, they were division rivals.  That means that they each played one home game and one away game every year, and because they've each been so good, they've played each other each of the last five seasons.  You don't seem to be contesting my point that the Patriots have hosted more than the Colts since 2003, and I fail to see how the playoffs are relevant.  In these last several years, of the three times that they've met in the playoffs, the host team for the regular season game lost in the playoffs.

Your main point, however, has been that there is a bias in which team hosts there regular season game.  That's just not true.  The scheduling "formula" has been out there since 2002.  Since NE and IND are in the same conference but not in the same division, they are guaranteed to face each other at least once every three years.  Three years after that meeting, they switch stadiums.  However, in the interim, they may face each other again if they finish in the same spots in their respective divisions.  This is why they've faced each other every year since '03.  The only question, then, is how the NFL decides exactly who plays at home in those games.  My guess is that they switch off somehow, but Im not sure.

Martin Luther