Author Topic: It's back...Commodore 64  (Read 2384 times)

Offline RobJohnson

It's back...Commodore 64
« on: April 09, 2011, 04:10:15 AM »

I was just 6 years old when the Commodore 64 computer went on sale in the summer of 1982. Although I already owned a computer at the time -- a ZX Spectrum -- I remember my excitement about possibly getting my little hyperactive hands on the newly released Commodore.

At the time, the Commodore computer cost $595 and came with a whopping 64 kilobytes of memory. It also contained a graphics and sound card that stood apart from other computers of the day.

Now, nearly 30 years later, the Commodore brand has taken on new management and is re-releasing its flagship computer, this time with all the amenities of a modern-day computer packed inside.

In its heyday, the Commodore 64 was one of the most successful home computers made, shipping more than two million units a year for almost a decade after its release. Although exact numbers don't exist, experts estimate that the company sold between 15 and 30 million Commodore 64 computers.
It's back

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: It's back...Commodore 64
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 11:19:16 AM »
Does it take 20 minutes to load a game before you can play?  Because that's what I remember most about the C64. :whistling:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

Re: It's back...Commodore 64
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »
It's all updated, except for the case.

I would like to have one at work just to see the look on the customer's face when I started to use it.  :rotf: