Author Topic: Boats, anyone?  (Read 3658 times)

Offline USNFlyer

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Constitutional conservative patriot
Boats, anyone?
« on: March 28, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »
My family is into boats. Here is a pic of my son doing a 'heel clicker' on the Wave Runner coming off the wake of our SeaRay. He's actually descending back to the water from the highest point of his jump. At this point, he is about 20 foot in front of the wake and even with the side of the boat.

We've never known of anyone else able to do this ???

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
John F. Kennedy

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
Ronald Reagan

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Boats, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »
I learned how to sail on a friend's MacGregor 26 while I was growing up in the Puget Sound area.  Three years ago, I bought a used SanJuan 21 to teach my wife and son how to sail on the lakes here in Colorado.  We've trailered it out to California, and sailed around the Channel Islands as well, and have plans to do some extended camping/cruising through Puget Sound and the Bahamas - when we can get out from under this horrible 0-conomy, that is.

Here's a pic of my boy, helping us set up the mast in 2008, just prior to launching at one of the local lakes.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »
All I got is a canoe, a kayak, and a pond prowler.  I dream of a pontoon boat.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
Whoopty doo, I do it in my sailboat all the time.  Here I am, doing the heel click, after coming down from the highest point.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:41:17 PM »
I grew up sailing and racing.  Then I joined the Coast Guard.  Now boats don't fill me with the feelings I used to have but I've thought about getting a Tornado cat or something similar and getting back into racing.

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »
Whoopty doo, I do it in my sailboat all the time.  Here I am, doing the heel click, after coming down from the highest point.

that boat is made by BMW isn't it?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »
Ah, you've heard of my exploits, I see.   :thatsright:

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
I grew up sailing and racing.  Then I joined the Coast Guard.  Now boats don't fill me with the feelings I used to have but I've thought about getting a Tornado cat or something similar and getting back into racing.

I raced a tornado when I was at high-school.

They're awesome boats.

Growing up there were two bigger sail boats I'd go out to the reef on - a 45' ply/glass cat and a 50 foot ferro mono-hull (affectionately known as "The Brick").

Nearly everyone I know owns some form of ally dinghy for river and calm weather reef fishing.

This one is mine.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
that boat is made by BMW isn't it?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson