Author Topic: Major tsunami damage in N Japan after 8.9 quake  (Read 32281 times)

Offline namvet

Re: Major tsunami damage in N Japan after 8.9 quake
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »
The Navy has pulled all our ships around to the Sea of Japan so they're on the west side, away from the prevailing winds.

seemed to me the emperor's lake was the best place to operate

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline JLO

« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2011, 10:59:20 PM »
And in other news, Gilbert Gottfried is a douchebag.

Here's a female version.

UCLA Student Posts Video Rant on Asians

Published March 15, 2011

Alexandra Wallace, a student at UCLA, posted a video rant on YouTube called "Asians in the Library," in which she criticizes the school for accepting "these hordes of Asian people" (YouTube).

LOS ANGELES -- The chancellor of the University of California, Los Angeles said Monday he was "appalled by the thoughtless and hurtful comments" that a white student made about her Asian classmates in a video that has drawn national attention.

Alexandra Wallace posted a three-minute rant on YouTube called "Asians in the Library," in which she criticizes the school for accepting "these hordes of Asian people" who she said have no manners and invite their extended family to visit on the weekends. The UCLA political science student also faulted Asian students for disrupting her studies at the library by calling family members in the wake of the tsunami.

"I'll be in, like, deep into my studying, into my political science theories and arguments and all that stuff, getting it all down, like typing away furiously, blah, blah, blah, and then all of a sudden when I'm about to, like, reach an epiphany, overhear from somewhere, `Oh ching chong ling long ting tong, ooohh," she said.

UCLA Chancellor Gene D. Block said the video doesn't reflect the views of the university community

"Like many of you, I recoil when someone invokes the right of free expression to demean other individuals or groups," he wrote in a statement posted on the university's website.

Wallace, who couldn't immediately be reached for comment, issued an apology to the university's Daily Bruin newspaper on Sunday, calling the video inappropriate.

"I cannot explain what possessed me to approach the subject as I did, and if I could undo it, I would," she said. "I would like to offer my apology to the entire UCLA campus."

University officials are evaluating whether there have been any violations of the student code of conduct and what sanctions, if any, are appropriate.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/14/ucla-student-posts-video-rant-asians/#ixzz1GjPp5I6Q

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/14/ucla-student-posts-video-rant-asians/
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:47 AM »
UCLA political science student

'Nuff said.  Then again, UCLA DOES stand for, "University of Continuously Lost Asians."
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline namvet

« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:50 AM »

'Nuff said.  Then again, UCLA DOES stand for, "University of Continuously Lost Asians."

this it??? Embedding disabled by request

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLLEZlpUxk[/youtube]

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:47 AM »
I think I'll e-mail that to my cousin, she of the "UCLA is the best university EVAR!" alumni of said school.  Then again, she may be an airhead racist, but nice rack!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »
That's not common sense loaded in her tits, that's for sure...

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOGpGoEMu2s[/youtube]

:lmao:

BTW, is it possible that I agree and disagree with some of both their points?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »

Me also but, this young woman is loosing the best education in life she will never get--- and this is out of school. 

She hears people in dread fear of the lives of their family and well being, what the hell is wrong with going to the person that interrupted her euphony and giving them a hug. These students must speak English, and even if they do not, a hug and a caring moment is universal as to care. So all this young woman hears is chinck chong, would she be happy to hear Finnish or Russian ??

What the **** is more important then the agony of family over not knowing if their family is still alive, --not one spoiled brat wanting to have them shut the **** up so she can pass a test.

The song from  HAIR comes to mind, " How can people be so hartless, so easy to be cold."

This child does not understand that if she has to say screw the test i NEED TO GIVE MY SELF AND COMPASSION TO THOSE IN DIRE STRATES ---SO BE IT.    She can take that test at a later date.

Sorry but when distaster strikes I have to put the people effected before my or my family's needs.  When my family is unaffected by a disaster's, then I expect them to respond, in some way, even if my 7 year old bakes cookies for those in shelters.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »

:rotf:

That was awesome.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
From NEI:

UPDATE AS OF 10:00 A.M. EDT, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16:
News reports that high radiation levels led to the evacuation of all workers from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station are not accurate. Workers were evacuated for about an hour but returned to the site to continue efforts to restore safe conditions at the plant.
Restoration of electrical power to the site was underway at the Daiichi plant as of 6:00 a.m. EDT Wednesday. A temporary cable was being connected between an off-site power line and Daiichi reactor 3. Off-site power has not been available at the site since the earthquake on March 11.
Reactors 1, 2 and 3 at the plant are being cooled with seawater. There is some level of uranium fuel damage at all three units, and containment structure damage is suspected at units 2 and 3, NucNet reported.
Before the earthquake, Reactor 4 had been in refueling and was completely defueled. Attempts to provide cooling water to the used fuel pool at reactor 4 by helicopter were not successful. Preparations are being made to inject water into the fuel storage pool using a high-capacity spray pump. There have been two fires inside the reactor containment building at reactor 4, but they have been extinguished. Although the reactor containment building at Unit 4 was damaged, the primary containment vessel remains intact.
At the Fukushima Daini site, all four reactors are safely shut down and cooling functions are being maintained.
(End of NEI Report)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »
From NEI:

UPDATE AS OF 10:00 A.M. EDT, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16:
News reports that high radiation levels led to the evacuation of all workers from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station are not accurate. Workers were evacuated for about an hour but returned to the site to continue efforts to restore safe conditions at the plant.
Restoration of electrical power to the site was underway at the Daiichi plant as of 6:00 a.m. EDT Wednesday. A temporary cable was being connected between an off-site power line and Daiichi reactor 3. Off-site power has not been available at the site since the earthquake on March 11.
Reactors 1, 2 and 3 at the plant are being cooled with seawater. There is some level of uranium fuel damage at all three units, and containment structure damage is suspected at units 2 and 3, NucNet reported.
Before the earthquake, Reactor 4 had been in refueling and was completely defueled. Attempts to provide cooling water to the used fuel pool at reactor 4 by helicopter were not successful. Preparations are being made to inject water into the fuel storage pool using a high-capacity spray pump. There have been two fires inside the reactor containment building at reactor 4, but they have been extinguished. Although the reactor containment building at Unit 4 was damaged, the primary containment vessel remains intact.At the Fukushima Daini site, all four reactors are safely shut down and cooling functions are being maintained.
(End of NEI Report)

Sparky, regarding the bolded bit.  Why is everyone now flipping out about Unit 4 not having any water.  Isn't that pretty much what you quoted above?    I appreciate your input, because my nuclear knowledge is VERY limited, and the media is just going balls to the wall about it.  As usual.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline namvet

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »
 on the science channel last night they did a special on volcano's and earthquakes. including this

Historic Earthquakes

Tonankai. Japan
1944 December 07 04:35 UTC
Magnitude 8.1

998 deaths. More than 73,000 houses were destroyed or heavily damaged by the earthquake and an additional 3,000 houses were washed away by the tsunami. The quake was felt from northern Honshu to Kyushu. A large tsunami struck the Pacific Coast of Japan from Choshi, Honshu to Tosashimizu, Shikoku. Maximum wave heights of up to 8 m (26 ft) were observed on the east coast of the Kii Peninsula, Honshu. A 0.5-m tsunami was recorded on Attu, Alaska and a small tsunami was recorded at San Diego and Terminal Island, California.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/events/1944_12_07.php

it was wartime of course. at first they thought the shake was from allied bombings

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
Cappie Pondexter.

And Cappie Pondexter, again for some reason best known only to her, decided to use Twitter to express her own racism, directed specifically at Japanese citizens suffering from one of the worst disasters in recorded history. Yep. The same Rutgers University Basketball Player Cappie Pondexter who was called a "nappy headed ho," by Radio Talk Show Host Don Imus, and said that was "unacceptable and inappropriate," got on Twitter a few days ago and said:

First: "maybe god was tired of the way they treated there own people"

Then: "u just never knw! They did pearl harbor so u can't expect anything less"

Are we seeing women as the new racists? Is it all because they can't find a guy of a certain color? What's the deal here with this spewing of female racism? Not only that, it oddly underscores the point that the best man out there for a woman doesn't always have the same skin color, so they should get over it.

Alexandra Wallace Cappie Pondexter Racist Anti-Asian Rants Show Racism Still Alive
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=85143
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:27:30 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Gilbert Gottfried apologizes for Japan earthquake jokes; Howard Stern, Joan Rivers slam Aflac firing
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/03/15/2011-03-15_gilbert_gottfried_apologizes_for_japan_tweets_howard_stern_joan_rivers_slam_afla.html

Joan Rivers and Howard Stern are clearly irrelavant. I guess all the plastic surgery Rivers got messed up her brain. How about Stern no longer what he was, a shock jock.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:30:51 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
Sparky, regarding the bolded bit.  Why is everyone now flipping out about Unit 4 not having any water.  Isn't that pretty much what you quoted above?    I appreciate your input, because my nuclear knowledge is VERY limited, and the media is just going balls to the wall about it.  As usual.

Because unlike the primary fuel, the spent fuel pool is just that--a pool of about 20-25 foot deep water (normally) used not only to cool the used fuel, but to provide shielding as well.  Remove that and bad things will happen, especially where there is a lot less of a barrier between it and atmosphere.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »
Because unlike the primary fuel, the spent fuel pool is just that--a pool of about 20-25 foot deep water (normally) used not only to cool the used fuel, but to provide shielding as well.  Remove that and bad things will happen, especially where there is a lot less of a barrier between it and atmosphere.

Ok, that makes sense.  Thanks!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2011, 03:07:14 AM »
Ok, that makes sense.  Thanks!

Ok here is perhaps the most stupid questions of the year so far.

As if what has been said so far is true, there is some radiation just floating away from the Island.   Now what effect will the rain and snow have on the drifting radiation, will it somehow capture the radiation and pull it to the ground hooked to the snow or rain.????

What about FALL OUT that we equate with radiation and think of something that sort of reminds me of Ivory Soap Flakes.?????   Is fall out visible to the human eye???

BTW, those silly Scientists that were it not for the tragedy going on at this time, I would get a belly laugh out of watching them debate.

Yesterday on FOX two of them with opposing view points were being interviewed and both came close to blows on their theory's. Both of them with EGO'S the size of a barn were raising their voices, talking over each and the interviewer had to cut them off.

Really came across that NO ONE knows what can or will happen, we have been playing with fire for years and can only now realise that we actually have very little knowledge about this beast and had better rethink out of the box.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2011, 07:40:03 AM »
Ok here is perhaps the most stupid questions of the year so far.

As if what has been said so far is true, there is some radiation just floating away from the Island.   Now what effect will the rain and snow have on the drifting radiation, will it somehow capture the radiation and pull it to the ground hooked to the snow or rain.????

News show this morning, just showed the expected "drift" path across the Pacific.

It stopped just at the coastal edge of the US.

I didn't know the wind stopped when it hit California.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline namvet

« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »
dog Leads Rescuers to Injured Friend

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdksXMfCWHM[/youtube]

Online Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »
dog Leads Rescuers to Injured Friend

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdksXMfCWHM[/youtube]

If my wife sees this............................. :bawl:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »

If my wife sees this............................. :bawl:

My wife's the same way. She saw this a few days ago, and she said that both dogs were rescued and taken to an animal shelter and are fine.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline seahorse513

• I don't take shit from anyone!!
  • British by birth, American thru naturalization
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2011, 06:50:21 AM »
Dogs are the most amazing creatures, in the way that they feel compassion for human, or even another animals.
The sea is treacherous, but an even hand on the keel brings it safely to port.

Nothing is sexier than a man and his gun!!!

A man should prefer his own company to that of others, because no matter where he goes,he'll find himself there..

"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money".  Lady Maggie Thatcher