Author Topic: Radicalization of many young Americans within the American Muslim community  (Read 554 times)

Offline James Cessna

• Probationary (Probie)
The actions of the liberal Democrats today are reprehensible. We know from credible published news reports that many Islamic centers in America have radical clerics who often encourage Muslim youth to join the ranks of terrorists and fight against western values of democracy and personal liberty and freedom from religious intolerance and persecution.  Not so in many parts of the Muslim world!

These clerics must be exposed and the Democrats who oppose these hearings must be defeated and not reelected to return to office during the next elections in 2012.

Here is an abbreviated summary of how things went today during the House Subcommittee Hearing on Radicalization within the American Muslim community.  I hope it is not too long.

The tension escalated further, however, when Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Tex.) waved a pocket-sized copy of the Constitution and declared that the document “is in pain” because of the hearing. She argued, well after her allotted time expired, that King is wrong to declare that American Muslims don’t cooperative with the government, pointing to the two witnesses who had just testified.

The defiance, emotion and anger from the panel illustrated the tension that has surrounded the inquiry convened by King, the new chairman of the Homeland Security Committee in the Republican-majority House. Islamic advocacy and civil liberties groups decried the hearing as an insensitive witch hunt that smacks of McCarthyism, while King and his supporters insist it’s a much-needed examination of the American Islamic community’s responsibility in fighting emerging domestic terror threats.

In opening the inquiry, King cited a series of warnings about domestic radicals from the Obama administration in recent months, including statements from Attorney General Eric Holder and White House Deputy National Security Adviser Denis McDonough.

“This committee cannot live in denial, which is what some of us would do when they suggest this committee dilute its focus,” King said.

“These are individuals, not entire communities,” he said. “When you assign their violent actions to the entire community you assign collective blame to the whole group… Ascribing the evil acts of a few individuals to an entire community is wrong.”

Politico © 2011 Capitol News Company, LLC

PLEASE LIMIT EXCERPTS OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL TO THREE TO FIVE PARAGRAPHS -- Chris
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:24:35 PM by Chris »

Offline James Cessna

• Probationary (Probie)

"My name is Representative Shiela Jackson Lee and I am a flaming liberal. And as a flaming liberal I must tell you the money in your savings and checking accounts does not actually belong to you. Instead, your money, the money you have worked so hard for, collectively, belongs to the federal government!"