Author Topic: NASCAR moves Daytona 500 back a week in 2012  (Read 2006 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
NASCAR moves Daytona 500 back a week in 2012
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
In the NASCAR.com piece, the reason was "to give some seperation from the Daytona 500 of pro football." :lmao: :rotf:

NASCAR moves Daytona 500 back a week in 2012

Alas, it's an AP piece.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110220/ap_on_sp_au_ra_ne/car_nascar_daytona_date
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
Re: NASCAR moves Daytona 500 back a week in 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
I have to wait another week next year??? That sux :( :(
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
A 20-year-old kid just won the Daytona 500 for the Wood Brothers . . . His car number (21) is higher than his age!  Trevor Bayne!  In his second NSC start.  The second-youngest winner.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:27:43 AM »
Trevor ran a great race! I think he was just as surprised that he won, as everyone else was.

Thought it was pretty funny when Darrell Waltrip held up a sheet of paper that the said was Trevor's "bio"....it was blank.

Trevor's a hometown boy, so I knew about him before yesterday, 'cause he's been on all the local sports newscasts ever since he went down to Daytona to try and qualify. Seems to be a really good kid. I hope he continues to do well, and have a great future.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »
DW's good for stuff like that.  I also have to correct my assertion above--by a long way, Bayne is the youngest Daytona 500 winner ever.  I liked Bayne saying on the radio that he didn't know how to get to Victory Lane.  What I really like about him is that he's dedicated to Christian missionary work--Back to Back Ministries, or something like that.

Chase her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
DW's good for stuff like that.  I also have to correct my assertion above--by a long way, Bayne is the youngest Daytona 500 winner ever.  I liked Bayne saying on the radio that he didn't know how to get to Victory Lane.  What I really like about him is that he's dedicated to Christian missionary work--Back to Back Ministries, or something like that.

He was asked what he was going to do with his winnings and he said he would be giving some to friends doing missionary work.

His minister was interviewed this afternoon on the local news. Said he was such a good kid, and did not think he would change with getting "famous". Whenever he is back here, he talks to the kids at the church.

He drove right past the entrance to Victory Lane. A couple of people ran out and flagged him down to back up and turn in.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.