Author Topic: Is it possible  (Read 8078 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Is it possible
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »
to download a youtube to your computer then transfer it somehow to a CD and a DVD? I would like to add some songs to my MP3 player and hubby would like to make a DVD of songs.

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Is it possible
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »
to download a youtube to your computer then transfer it somehow to a CD and a DVD? I would like to add some songs to my MP3 player and hubby would like to make a DVD of songs.

Thanks!

Yes, it's possible.  I forget how to do it ... maybe someone else will come along and tell you how but I know it's possible.  It has to do with 'capturing' the video while it's in the temporary files.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »
Yes, it's possible.  I forget how to do it ... maybe someone else will come along and tell you how but I know it's possible.  It has to do with 'capturing' the video while it's in the temporary files.

KC

It gave me a headache trying to figure it out, but I forgot I have an account at that evil corporate capitalist pig company known as Walmart :-) and they have MP3 downloads so I was able to buy the songs and I'm listening to them right now!

Thanks!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
It gave me a headache trying to figure it out, but I forgot I have an account at that evil corporate capitalist pig company known as Walmart :-) and they have MP3 downloads so I was able to buy the songs and I'm listening to them right now!

Thanks!

For future use, youtube downloader.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 07:38:03 PM »
For future use, youtube downloader.

Oh cool! I can't find this 1 song I'd like ar Walmart so I was hoping to somehow find a way to download it.

Thanks!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
I use KeepVid.  I've also used a free program called DVDVideoSoft to download a YouTube member's entire video collection.

http://www.keepvid.com
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
Awsome

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
There's also a Firefox Add-On called "Download Helper" that captures YT videos.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »
Bally,

I've grabbed lots of hard to find sound files from YouTube using http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
I use the Easy YouTube Video Downloader extention add-on in Firefox.

Download to desktop. From there its easy enough to copy to cd or whatever.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help, this is what I've done so far, haven't checked out any of the other links yet, but this is what I want to do. I downloaded the link Thundley gave me, downloaded the video, it plays awesome in Real Player, but the problem is this, Windows Media Player is associated with my MP3 Player so I tried to convert it to WMP and I got an error code "C00D10D1", if I download the links everyone else gave me will there be a way to convert it to my WMP Library?

BTW I'm on the main computer in the house and I'm using Google Chrome, I don't have FF on this computer.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 08:26:11 PM »
With Audacity, I record the sound that I want, crop it however I want, and then go to 'file' and click 'save as'.  I have a folder I save it to.  Simple as that.  Since Audacity only grabs sound, and no video, and is self contained, there is no need to mess with splitting off the sound file, or fiddling around in Windows Media Player (unless you want to, after you saved the file and would like to add it to a playlist).

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
With Audacity, I record the sound that I want, crop it however I want, and then go to 'file' and click 'save as'.  I have a folder I save it to.  Simple as that.

Oh! that sounds nice, all I want is the sound for my MP3 player, is it easy to do? and I'll be able to grab the sound for the youtube that I want?

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »
Yes.  Check out youtube, and watch a tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+audacity&aq=f

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »
Thanks! I downloaded it so I'll watch the tutorial. You guys are awesome!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 08:46:15 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help, this is what I've done so far, haven't checked out any of the other links yet, but this is what I want to do. I downloaded the link Thundley gave me, downloaded the video, it plays awesome in Real Player, but the problem is this, Windows Media Player is associated with my MP3 Player so I tried to convert it to WMP and I got an error code "C00D10D1", if I download the links everyone else gave me will there be a way to convert it to my WMP Library?

BTW I'm on the main computer in the house and I'm using Google Chrome, I don't have FF on this computer.

The youtube downloader lets you convert it to mp3 after you download a video.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
BH, the video kind of confused me :lmao:

I have the video on my desktop in Real Player, so how do I record the audio off of it?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 08:53:34 PM »
The youtube downloader lets you convert it to mp3 after you download a video.

OMG! it worked! :yahoo:

So Thundley, since I converted it to an MP3 file can I now delete the actually video I downloaded from youtube that's playing in Real Player?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help, it's appreciated! :yahoo:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help, it's appreciated! :yahoo:

We're very helpful here on conservativecave.

That is, those of us who know something.

Me, after all these years, I'm still waiting for someone to ask a question on which I'm an expert.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »
We're very helpful here on conservativecave.

That is, those of us who know something.

Me, after all these years, I'm still waiting for someone to ask a question on which I'm an expert.

frank, if I ever have a question on history and writing you're the 1st person I would ask.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »
OMG! it worked! :yahoo:

So Thundley, since I converted it to an MP3 file can I now delete the actually video I downloaded from youtube that's playing in Real Player?

Once you have the mp3, you don't need the video.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:26 PM »
frank, if I ever have a question on history and writing you're the 1st person I would ask.

I dunno nothing about history or writing or the primitives, though, when compared with my real specialties.

But no one ever has a question about the monetary systems of ancient civilizations, or about 19th-century British parliamentary politics.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 09:06:28 PM »
Once you have the mp3, you don't need the video.

Thanks!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
I dunno nothing about history or writing or the primitives, though, when compared with my real specialties.

But no one ever has a question about the monetary systems of ancient civilizations, or about 19th-century British parliamentary politics.

You're also a beautiful storyteller, I remember your posts where you spoke about your family and it was very interesting to read, as are your stories about living in Nebraska, and you never dwell or feel sorry for yourself being hearing impaired.