Author Topic: not that it's really important  (Read 12294 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
not that it's really important
« on: January 11, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
Not that it's really important, but anyway, why is there a little box with a red "x" on the "e-mail" function here?

Not personal messages, but the e-mail thingamajig.

This board is still new, and it takes time to iron out the quirks--however, ironing out the quirks is going a great deal faster than I had expected--but any reason for this?

Like I said, it's not really important, but I'm curious.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: not that it's really important
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:28:22 AM »
Not that it's really important, but anyway, why is there a little box with a red "x" on the "e-mail" function here?

This board is still new, and it takes time to iron out the quirks--however, ironing out the quirks is going a great deal faster than I had expected--but any reason for this?

You mean the one under a person's avatar? I'm seeing an envelope, Frank. Are you on dial-up?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:37:18 AM »

You mean the one under a person's avatar? I'm seeing an envelope, Frank. Are you on dial-up?
I see it on some folks' posts, but not on other folks' posts.  I've wondered about that too.  See the same thing for the "new" button on threads...depending on which forum format I use.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »

No, on the members list, and on my own profile.

The box with a little red "x" in it.

I'm on wireless.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »
Which browser are you using? I.E.? Firefox? Opera? Safari?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
Which browser are you using? I.E.? Firefox? Opera? Safari?
I use IE at work and at home.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »
I'm seeing a red x instead of what I guess is the ignore link. The picture must not be there.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »
I'm in I.E. now and I see everything. Don't really care for I.E. though.  :-)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »
I'm seeing a red x instead of what I guess is the ignore link. The picture must not be there.

I'm seeing that too.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »
It must be like that for that email link as well. Like he said, there' still a few features quirks to be dealt with.

Oh, and I certainly like the strikeout tag, something CU is sorely lacking.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »
Anyone know how to screencap? I'd love to see it so I know where to start.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »
I think it has to do with the different themes, I see all the icons under Classic YaBB SE Theme, but when I got to Minerva, I drop the ignore icon. 

oh nevermind! I don't even have an ignore button in the Classic theme... y'all are on your own! :drunksailor:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:32:35 PM by Schadie »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 01:34:21 PM »
I'll try to get it working. I didn't realize people were using different themes. Also, if you're using the Minerva, you'll notice a new Youtube icon in the post options.