Author Topic: Obama: Move to right? Or a thief in the night?  (Read 3023 times)

Offline veracityladen

• Probationary (Probie)
Obama: Move to right? Or a thief in the night?
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »
I thought he might have been reading the wrong teleprompter.

Many political scientists agree that Bill Clinton’s success as a two-term president came largely because he got the message of the wave election in 1994 and moved from the left to the center, scrapping a liberal agenda and working with a new congress on more conservative legislation.

Well, with an even bigger wave election in 2010, President Barack Obama sent signals in his State of the Union address Tuesday night that, not only does he get the message and he’s moving away from the left, but he’ll do ya one better: he’s moving far right!

Now, everybody seems to think this was intentional and pre-meditated. But I have my suspicions.

The message: cut government waste, minimize the bureaucracy, cut corporate tax rates, expand free trade, hunt down and defeat our enemies, and don’t forget the...

http://www.kevinmissel.com/?p=151

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Obama: Move to right? Or a thief in the night?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:46:54 PM »
Depends, did Hitler really want peace with England? Or was it just lip service?

BTW, we have a blog section if this is your blog.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline veracityladen

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
No, it's not a blog. It's a link to the story.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
How do you square with the idea that Zero has told God and the world, and signed an executive order, that compels his administration to work more productively, to shun waste, to find ways to save money, when as far as his cabinet secretaries and their underlings are concerned, they've already done the best they can do?

In short, it's all smoke and mirrors. Zero will talk a great game and tell the American people what they want to hear, and then do something else altogther more in line with his ultimate goal - to have the government assume the maximum amount of power it can wrest away from the people.

A leopard doesn't change his spots.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
Wasn't saying anything negative nor did I infer you were spamming. Just saying the DUmpster isn't really the appropriate place to post a story, ...unless it has something to do with the DUmbasses at D.U.,  and did assume you were posting your blog. We welcome conservative bloggers here.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
Most people have the courtesy of dropping by the introductions section and introducing themselves....
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline veracityladen

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »
Most people have the courtesy of dropping by the introductions section and introducing themselves....
Sorry, I didn't see the introductions board. I've posted on there now too. Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to all of this.

Offline veracityladen

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
Just out of curiosity... why was this post moved to the blog board? I know I put it on the wrong place but I don't see how it fits here either.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see the introductions board. I've posted on there now too. Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to all of this.

Welcome, VCL. See ya on the boards!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »
I moved it here because the site you linked to appears to be a Wordpress/Blogspot-style board that is mostly opinion and commentary.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline veracityladen

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »
I see. I'll get use to this message board stuff eventually. Thanks. :)