Author Topic: I hope I'm in the right place...  (Read 15343 times)

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
I hope I'm in the right place...
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »
As most of ya'll know my life has turned into a total mess...A very dear friend just  sent me this sayin "If God brings you to it, He WILL get you through it." it made me really  think.
So far I haven't done anything but make a very big mess of my life. So I dropped  the mess in Gods lap. I have to believe that he will show me the place I need to  be.

But now I'm kinda wondering, what should I do now.
I do feel somewhat calmer and like the bolder isn't sittin on my  chest anymore.
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: I hope I'm in the right place...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:16:01 PM »
I guess I can only say Ree that now comes trust,patience and trying to be discerning of His will and ways.
We may never know how Gods plans are being worked out and why.
Your situation with the accident may some day work to be a testimony of how you are dealing with it to a person who isn`t as strong or willing to give it all to God.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
That is so true Ree. God doesn't put anything on your shoulders you can't handle. Sometimes the load seems too heavy but you gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
I  just have to  believe God will show me where he wants me to  be.

Right now I am the calmest I have been in years....I  feel at peace, I know things  are still crazy, but I just feel a peace I haven't felt in  years....The fear is  gone...
I went to  church  as a kid, coz I was made to go. But I seen alot of fighting and backbiting at that church and rejected it when I was an adult.I believed there was a God...

But I have never felt like this... 
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
I've  read that many times...but never really understood it  till now...

Just my luck... ;-P

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32:28 PM »

Ree, you are in my prayers.  Hang tough. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »

I hope it makes you feel better.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
I kinda like the quote under here. Might be a little to "Catholic" for some, but it brings me comfort.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:03 PM »
I  just have to  believe God will show me where he wants me to  be.

Right now I am the calmest I have been in years....I  feel at peace, I know things  are still crazy, but I just feel a peace I haven't felt in  years....The fear is  gone...
I went to  church  as a kid, coz I was made to go. But I seen alot of fighting and backbiting at that church and rejected it when I was an adult.I believed there was a God...

But I have never felt like this... 

Organized religion, while important to me, is as fallible as we are. When we put our faith in people, we are going to be disappointed at some point.

But when we put our faith in God, He will reveal his plan to us - on His schedule, not ours.

I am a Presbyterian because I believe in the various creeds that are part of the church's doctrine. I believe in the way the church is organized with each individual church being governed by a council called Session. Churches are organized into Presbyteries and Presbyteries are organized, well, you get the idea.

God takes all this stuff and works through this stuff and makes things happen, sometimes in spite of ourselves. When we meddle and attempt to distort and twist and make things happen OUR way, that's when organized religion fails.

But God never fails.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
Bally....thank you for posting Footprints in the Sand.

I find it to be very comforting.

Ree...you've taken the first steps. I'm proud of you. It's much easier to try to fix things ourselves, than to turn them over to God. That you are willing to turn them over, particularly when things are at their worst....shows a great deal of faith, that you probably didn't even realize you had.

Don't forget to thank him too, for the blessings that He is already giving you.

Just in case you are wondering how you've been blessed....

You survived a horrendous accident. I've seen pictures of your car...obviously, God still has plans for you here on Earth. Somehow all your injuries, and what you have gone through since, are all part of His plan.

You have a lot of people here, who care about you and are willing to help you get through your problems, and are praying for you. As a group, we seem to be good at sending prayers.

I'm sure you can find other blessings....but even if you can't right now...you have more than many people with just the two above....and they are pretty important ones.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »
This is all  so new to   me. I feel like I should be "doing" something, but I don't know what. I hope maybee ya'll can  give me some guidance.

God has blessed me with friends I didn't really know I had

I remember(I hope it isn't a dream) I tolld people in the hospital that God let me  survive the accident coz he had a plan for  me. Somewhere I'd forgotten that...Maybe all this mess my life is  in is a smack upside the head  from  God...(Does  he really do that?)
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 06:04:52 AM »
This is all  so new to   me. I feel like I should be "doing" something, but I don't know what. I hope maybee ya'll can  give me some guidance.

God has blessed me with friends I didn't really know I had

I remember(I hope it isn't a dream) I tolld people in the hospital that God let me  survive the accident coz he had a plan for  me. Somewhere I'd forgotten that...Maybe all this mess my life is  in is a smack upside the head  from  God...(Does  he really do that?)

Hell yeah. I've got dents from all the smacks upside my head.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
Ree,

Oh yes he smacks us all up side the head not to hurt us but to show us His love.  Not unlike our parents did (or should have done) on occasion.  It gets our attention.  I have been smacked hard a couple of times and ignored it.  But when I look back I can see what I did wrong and yes, I deserved it. 

We will never understand His plan but we have to accept it and trust it. 

It still amazes me that He sent His Son to die for me.  All the bad I have done is washed away by His blood.  That act of mercy provides me so much comfort, hope and joy.  I have life everlasting no matter how difficult life is on earth. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 08:03:02 AM »
I personally try not to push my Religion on anyone because it's such a personal thing to people, so I'm just posting this here not to be proselytizing, but as a Catholic we do something called Novenas, this 1 is done for 9 days, I'm a firm believer in them, and I'll post this here in case it might help you, the only thing they ask is when your Prayers are answered to spread the word when you come across others in need, people spread the word by posting a simple thank you to St. Jude in the paper with the Prayer, some people make 81 copies of the prayer if they do the Novena at Church and leave 9 copies per day at Church, if the Novena helps you then you just try to help others in need by giving them this Prayer:

Novena To
St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus,  the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult  cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.

Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is  almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive  the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and  sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)

and that I may praise  God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be  ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as  my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »
These are from a Catholic Prayerbook site. Like Bally, I don't push my Catholic Faith on others either, for the same reason that it's very personal to me, and also because I think one's choice of religion is their choice...

This is the site....it's very user friendly, and it may help you find some peace and comfort..and a give you an idea of "where to start".  While some portions could be considered "very Catholic"...the prayers are prayers.

http://www.prayerbook.com

Loving God, when my problems overwhelm me, fill me with Your presence to remind me I am not alone. The more faith I have in You, the more strength I have to go through my day. Amen.

Sometimes I feel alone and abandoned. Remind me that You are always with me with Your divine guidance. Amen.

Jesus, I want to rejoice in you always. You are near. Let me have no anxiety, but in every concern by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I wish to let my petitions be made known in my communing with God.

May the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard my heart and my thoughts in you. Amen.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
These are from a Catholic Prayerbook site. Like Bally, I don't push my Catholic Faith on others either, for the same reason that it's very personal to me, and also because I think one's choice of religion is their choice...

This is the site....it's very user friendly, and it may help you find some peace and comfort..and a give you an idea of "where to start".  While some portions could be considered "very Catholic"...the prayers are prayers.

http://www.prayerbook.com

Loving God, when my problems overwhelm me, fill me with Your presence to remind me I am not alone. The more faith I have in You, the more strength I have to go through my day. Amen.

Sometimes I feel alone and abandoned. Remind me that You are always with me with Your divine guidance. Amen.

Jesus, I want to rejoice in you always. You are near. Let me have no anxiety, but in every concern by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I wish to let my petitions be made known in my communing with God.

May the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard my heart and my thoughts in you. Amen.

Also to add, I did check and see if a Novena would be OK for non-Catholics to do and the website I went to said yes.